NASA: Reactionless drive confirmed to produce thrust

Engineer Roger Shawyer’s controversial EmDrive thruster jets back into relevancy this week, as a team of researchers at NASA’s Eagleworks Laboratories recently completed yet another round of testing on the seemingly impossible tech. Though no official peer-reviewed lab paper has been published yet, and NASA institutes strict press release restrictions on the Eagleworks lab these days, engineer Paul March took to the NASA Spaceflight forum to explain the group’s findings. In essence, by utilizing an improved experimental procedure, the team managed to mitigate some of the errors from prior tests — yet still found signals of unexplained thrust.

NASA confirms that the ‘impossible’ EmDrive thruster really works, after new tests

If these findings hold up.....this is a game changer.

Hope they put this to use sooner rather than later. But NASA need to stop wasting resources on searching for life, they aren't going to find any. They should be working on getting humans to planets in our solar system so we can get their natural resources.

They're not spending that much looking for life, with the bulk of their funding toward learning more about our own solar system.

If aliens had anything to do with what a bunch of evil fuck-ups most of us are, including me sometimes I'd be surprised if they hadn't looked at us and said "fuck them. They're living scum. Let them kill off each other and destroy their once beautiful planet. We're outa here! We'll be back in a thousand years to give it another try. This time without the fucking 'human beings".

Maybe. I suspect that intelligence tends to form most often among predators. And that predator species share many characteristics that we might call 'evil'. So they may be looking at us like less technologically advanced cousins, making many of the same mistakes.

....if they're benevolent. If they're practicing predators themselves, we may look like lunch. Or worse, as a future threat.

Or both.
sfor being their lunch I'm guessing they if they must consume something to say alive it isn't 'long-pig'.
Engineer Roger Shawyer’s controversial EmDrive thruster jets back into relevancy this week, as a team of researchers at NASA’s Eagleworks Laboratories recently completed yet another round of testing on the seemingly impossible tech. Though no official peer-reviewed lab paper has been published yet, and NASA institutes strict press release restrictions on the Eagleworks lab these days, engineer Paul March took to the NASA Spaceflight forum to explain the group’s findings. In essence, by utilizing an improved experimental procedure, the team managed to mitigate some of the errors from prior tests — yet still found signals of unexplained thrust.

NASA confirms that the ‘impossible’ EmDrive thruster really works, after new tests

If these findings hold up.....this is a game changer.

Hope they put this to use sooner rather than later. But NASA need to stop wasting resources on searching for life, they aren't going to find any. They should be working on getting humans to planets in our solar system so we can get their natural resources.
To bring back to a fucking shithole called 'humanity'.

If aliens had anything to do with what a bunch of evil fuck-ups most of us are, including me sometimes I'd be surprised if they hadn't looked at us and said "fuck them. They're living scum. Let them kill off each other and destroy their once beautiful planet. We're outa here! We'll be back in a thousand years to give it another try. This time without the fucking 'human beings".

Maybe. I suspect that intelligence tends to form most often among predators. And that predator species share many characteristics that we might call 'evil'. So they may be looking at us like less technologically advanced cousins, making many of the same mistakes.

....if they're benevolent. If they're practicing predators themselves, we may look like lunch. Or worse, as a future threat.

Or both.
sfor being their lunch I'm guessing they if they must consume something to say alive it isn't 'long-pig'.

Then rivals. Fellow predators, especially fellow tool makers with budding capacity to move into space?

Why would you want the competition for resources? Or the future threat?

The Super Predator theory is an elegant solution for the Fermi paradox.

Forum List

Back