NASA: Reactionless drive confirmed to produce thrust

Skylar

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2014
Engineer Roger Shawyer’s controversial EmDrive thruster jets back into relevancy this week, as a team of researchers at NASA’s Eagleworks Laboratories recently completed yet another round of testing on the seemingly impossible tech. Though no official peer-reviewed lab paper has been published yet, and NASA institutes strict press release restrictions on the Eagleworks lab these days, engineer Paul March took to the NASA Spaceflight forum to explain the group’s findings. In essence, by utilizing an improved experimental procedure, the team managed to mitigate some of the errors from prior tests — yet still found signals of unexplained thrust.

NASA confirms that the ‘impossible’ EmDrive thruster really works, after new tests

If these findings hold up.....this is a game changer.

This is what American innovation and science advancement looks like. This is truly something to be proud of and wouldn't even be possible if we didn't invest in science.

We're a stronger nation because of it.

This is seriously enormous. A reactionless drive defies the laws of physics as we know it. It also completely changes the nature of spaceflight, allowing us speeds that were unheard of before. As all you would need is a power source. You'd need no reaction mass.

This is what American innovation and science advancement looks like. This is truly something to be proud of and wouldn't even be possible if we didn't invest in science.

This is seriously enormous. A reactionless drive defies the laws of physics as we know it. It also completely changes the nature of spaceflight, allowing us speeds that were unheard of before. As all you would need is a power source. You'd need no reaction mass.

I for one believe in extraterrestrial life. I believe UFOs have visited Earth. And that there are civilizations that are millions of years older than ours.

My guess is we are scratching the surface of technology that in 2000 years will fly us to other galaxies and colonize other worlds.

Think....200 years ago...if someone said in 2015 we would have technology that would allow someone to write or speak a message in Texas...and in 1 second have it delivered in Russia....they couldn't comprehend it. If someone said we would have a weapon that could erase an entire city with one second of use...they wouldn't believe it.

We are the people that the residents of the year 2215 will say "Imagine if people in 2015 saw this...."

I for one believe in extraterrestrial life. I believe UFOs have visited Earth. And that there are civilizations that are millions of years older than ours.

The first and third seem statistically obvious and I totally agree. The second....I'm unconvinced. I don't think you're wrong. I'm just not convinced you're right.

My guess is we are scratching the surface of technology that in 2000 years will fly us to other galaxies and colonize other worlds.

Which begs the question......why isn't someone else colonizing us? The FERMI paradox and its implications raise a lot more questions than we have answers for. And few of them sound good for our species.

The Fermi Paradox - Wait But Why

My personal opinion? Quantum entanglement would allow you link two particles so that effecting one would instantly affect the other regardless of distance. If you could control, record and rapidly shift the status of these paired particles, it would be child's play to create a method of data transmission that was instantaneous regardless of distances. And be 100% secure.

Making carrier EM waves obsolete. And virtually useless over long distances. Which is why we don't see them in use by alien species.

Last edited:

The first and third seem statistically obvious and I totally agree. The second....I'm unconvinced. I don't think you're wrong. I'm just not convinced you're right.

Which begs the question......why isn't someone else colonizing us? The FERMI paradox and its implications raise a lot more questions than we have answers for. And few of them sound good for our species.

My personal opinion? Quantum entanglement would allow you link two particles so that effecting one would instantly affect the other regardless of distance. If you could control, record and rapidly shift the status of these paired particles, it would be child's play to create a method of data transmission that was instantaneous regardless of distances. And be 100% secure.

Making carrier EM waves obsolete. And virtually useless over long distances. Which is why we don't see them in use by alien species.
how do you know someone/ something hasn't colonized us? What if the spacemen look like us? hmmmmmmmmmm

how do you know someone/ something hasn't colonized us? What if the spacemen look like us? hmmmmmmmmmm
God, I hope not. We should all fear the aliens. As soon as they land we all be forced to upgrade to iPhone 1,938s, and our family plans will change again...

God, I hope not. We should all fear the aliens. As soon as they land we all be forced to upgrade to iPhone 1,938s, and our family plans will change again...
they already did, the alien in office already made sure of that.

Lordy jc, is that all you can think about? You are truly one of the this boards idiots.

Thank you, Skylar. Don't know where this will lead, but it is the big questions that always lead to new developments. Hope that the government puts good people and money into investigating what we are seeing.

Lordy jc, is that all you can think about? You are truly one of the this boards idiots.

Thank you, Skylar. Don't know where this will lead, but it is the big questions that always lead to new developments. Hope that the government puts good people and money into investigating what we are seeing.

I'm really hoping this passes the peer review process. If so, it will change the way we view the laws of physics. And allow for space travel on a vastly expanded scale. Small nuclear power cells can run for decades. And without the need for reaction mass a space probe or transport can thrust continually, achieving truly astonishing speeds.

Its entirely possible I suppose. But the data suggests otherwise. Specifically, how genetically similar we are to all other forms of life on the planet. We share about 60% of DNA with bananas. About 40% with yeast cells.

If it were a colonization it would have had to have taken place billions of years ago, involving all life. Which seems like a rather long time to get to us.

Yeah, but at that point the Iphone would probably be a retro-viral injection that bonded the device to your DNA.

From the headline I thought this thread was about banging passed out chicks.

If aliens had anything to do with what a bunch of evil fuck-ups most of us are, including me sometimes I'd be surprised if they hadn't looked at us and said "fuck them. They're living scum. Let them kill off each other and destroy their once beautiful planet. We're outa here! We'll be back in a thousand years to give it another try. This time without the fucking 'human beings".

If aliens had anything to do with what a bunch of evil fuck-ups most of us are, including me sometimes I'd be surprised if they hadn't looked at us and said "fuck them. They're living scum. Let them kill off each other and destroy their once beautiful planet. We're outa here! We'll be back in a thousand years to give it another try. This time without the fucking 'human beings".

Maybe. I suspect that intelligence tends to form most often among predators. And that predator species share many characteristics that we might call 'evil'. So they may be looking at us like less technologically advanced cousins, making many of the same mistakes.

....if they're benevolent. If they're practicing predators themselves, we may look like lunch. Or worse, as a future threat.

Or both.

That's pretty much the story of Ridley Scott's Prometheus.

Engineer Roger Shawyer’s controversial EmDrive thruster jets back into relevancy this week, as a team of researchers at NASA’s Eagleworks Laboratories recently completed yet another round of testing on the seemingly impossible tech. Though no official peer-reviewed lab paper has been published yet, and NASA institutes strict press release restrictions on the Eagleworks lab these days, engineer Paul March took to the NASA Spaceflight forum to explain the group’s findings. In essence, by utilizing an improved experimental procedure, the team managed to mitigate some of the errors from prior tests — yet still found signals of unexplained thrust.

NASA confirms that the ‘impossible’ EmDrive thruster really works, after new tests

If these findings hold up.....this is a game changer.

Hope they put this to use sooner rather than later. But NASA need to stop wasting resources on searching for life, they aren't going to find any. They should be working on getting humans to planets in our solar system so we can get their natural resources.

Forum List

Back