NASA moon mission

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
It has been more than half a century since humans first walked on the moon, with Neil Armstrong uttering those immortal words: 'That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind'.
Eleven more Americans followed, including Buzz Aldrin, Alan Shepard and Eugene Cernan, but all of them were men.
Now, NASA is planning to land the first woman on the moon in a little over three years' time and has whittled down the list to just nine candidates.
Eventually NASA seeks to establish a sustainable human presence on the moon by 2028 as a result of the Artemis mission.
The space agency hopes this colony will uncover new scientific discoveries, demonstrate new technological advancements and lay the foundation for private companies to build a lunar economy.

Comment:
We have much better technology than we did in 1969.
There will be much better LIVE TV video.
Hopefully the mission will also be safer.
It was a very risky mission in 1969.

It has been more than half a century since humans first walked on the moon, with Neil Armstrong uttering those immortal words: 'That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind'.
Eleven more Americans followed, including Buzz Aldrin, Alan Shepard and Eugene Cernan, but all of them were men.
Now, NASA is planning to land the first woman on the moon in a little over three years' time and has whittled down the list to just nine candidates.
Eventually NASA seeks to establish a sustainable human presence on the moon by 2028 as a result of the Artemis mission.
The space agency hopes this colony will uncover new scientific discoveries, demonstrate new technological advancements and lay the foundation for private companies to build a lunar economy.

Comment:
We have much better technology than we did in 1969.
There will be much better LIVE TV video.
Hopefully the mission will also be safer.
It was a very risky mission in 1969.
wont happen

Exploration has given man kind so much and continues to have payoffs like medications from the forests and mineral rich deposits that have advanced civilization leaps and bounds...
We should all be curious of what's out in space...
I'm a big supporter of NASA and all space exploration....

Exploration has given man kind so much and continues to have payoffs like medications from the forests and mineral rich deposits that have advanced civilization leaps and bounds...
We should all be curious of what's out in space...
I'm a big supporter of NASA and all space exploration....
NASA is kaput.......private enterprise would get you there faster

Who will be the first WOMAN to walk on the moon?​

I thought we already put a woman on the Moon more than 65 years ago!

See the source image

Idle Threats? That amounts to a whole lotta emotional distress, wouldn't you say? Look what poor Alice went through.

By Alex Jones standards, I'd guess then the relatives of Alice are owed about 40 million dollars in reparations! :smoke:
Can't argue with that...lol

The very northern part of Edwards Air Force base there is a launch facility... in the middle of nowhere CA... sometimes launches from there make for awesome sunsets from my rear deck....

The numbers demonstrate several things. First, Wall Street is apparently very confident SpaceX will succeed in building the rocket, and then make a lot of money from it. Second, the numbers prove it shouldn’t cost $60 billion and two decades to design and build a heavy lift rocket, as NASA has done with its SLS rocket. SpaceX is doing it for less than a fifth of the cost, in a third of the time.

The numbers demonstrate several things. First, Wall Street is apparently very confident SpaceX will succeed in building the rocket, and then make a lot of money from it. Second, the numbers prove it shouldn’t cost $60 billion and two decades to design and build a heavy lift rocket, as NASA has done with its SLS rocket. SpaceX is doing it for less than a fifth of the cost, in a third of the time.
SpaceX is the future. Their Starship is refuelable IN SPACE. I'm becoming confident they will send men to Mars. Doubt they'll survive, but it does seem doable

Forum List

Back