Nancy Pelosi Wants A Federal Babysitting Service

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
Oh yay.

"One of the great pieces of unfinished business is high-quality child care; I wonder why we just can’t do that,’’ she recently said to a California audience.

By "we", Pelosi means the federal government. Pelosi clarified that Congress should be “doing for child care what we did for health-care reform.”

But the Nixon-era legislation of which she spoke approvingly subsidized child care for low-income parents and was available to anyone who wanted to pay for it. “She sees this as the next big problem to tackle,’’ Hammill said.

And then the mothers could get jobs, and off welfare....not sure why this is such an outrageous idea.

Why do you only care about children when they are fetuses?

• Banned
But the Nixon-era legislation of which she spoke approvingly subsidized child care for low-income parents and was available to anyone who wanted to pay for it. “She sees this as the next big problem to tackle,’’ Hammill said.

And then the mothers could get jobs, and off welfare....not sure why this is such an outrageous idea.

Because I'm an evil horrible person. Duh.

And, yes, I still beat my wife.

Yeah.... right!

Im sick and tired of you libtards trying to find new ways to spend MY money.

Let their grandma keep them during the day..... family values is'nt very high on your wish list is it dummy?

Yeah.... right!

Let their grandma keep them during the day..... family values is'nt very high on your wish list is it dummy?

:confused:

You'd rather give them welfare than make it possible for them to work? How odd.

Congress does need someone to care for them.

You're right, those Dems in the Senate, the other half of congress, really need to take those jobs bills off the shelf and get them passed. Maybe a babysitter will make them do their work. :)

Well keep in mind that California (who Pelosi represents) also wants to tax babysitting, force overtime wages for babysitters, and mandate breaks for the babysitter. Consider the kind of mentality at work here.

I think what Pelosi, and other liberals want, is us to drop off our kids at the government controlled daycare center, drive our government provided car to our government job and give our paycheck to the government, go home to our government provided house, eat our government regulated dinner, watch some government controlled TV, have some government approved sex, and go to government sleep. I think there was a country that did that once wasn't there? Oh yeah.....the U.S.S.R.

Why are people having children they can't afford? Pregnancy is 100% preventable.

And why do you only care about children to the extent you can make somebody else pay for them?

I think state-subsidized childcare is a good thing. It is already widely provided (if tangentially) through public K-12 schools. Additional childcare options could be very helpful to society.

And the article's claim is entirely unsupported. Pelosi says she wants to do to for child care as they did for healthcare. A federal babysitting service would be the analog of a public option, which has not been done.

Why are people having children they can't afford? Pregnancy is 100% preventable.
Human nature.

Not sure why so many people overlook this fact.

Yeah.... right!

yeah but Gerandma is still back on the farm and many are part of the "Mobile workforce for the new millenia". Moving all over for work.

Few understood what that really meant back when it was coined but I did.

Human nature.

Not sure why so many people overlook this fact.

Same reason dumb ass gutter sluts dont know how to say NO.

Yeah.... right!

yeah but Gerandma is still back on the farm and many are part of the "Mobile workforce for the new millenia". Moving all over for work.

Few understood what that really meant back when it was coined but I did.

Im sick and tired of the left blaming me for their bad behavior... if I thought they would actually get a job and not use it as a free babysitter, but nahh.... I know better.

Its just like the school system. Lets just throw money at the problem.
When are we gonna learn.... it does'nt work! (and neither will the gutter sluts)

Here's the mentality we're dealing with here:

Prostitution Tax Proposed In Nevada : NPR

"A key state lawmaker has proposed a $5 tax on acts of prostitution in Nevada, where brothels operate legally in some areas, and a counseling agency for sex workers that would be funded by part of the tax revenue.

"We're desperate to find money for essential government services, so I will go anywhere to do that," Senate Taxation Committee Chairman Bob Coffin, a Las Vegas Democrat, said Tuesday in discussing his plan that by his estimate would raise at least $2 million a year from sex acts in the legal bordellos."

Damn liberals have to have a finger in every pie. :rofl:

Yeah.... right!

:confused:

You'd rather give them welfare than make it possible for them to work? How odd.
If we set a time limit on welfare these people would find a way to get jobs and take personal responsibility for their lives. As it stands now, we give them a free place to live and food stamps. There is really no incentive for them to get a job. Adding "day care" to the list will only increase dependency on the government, exactly what we don't need.

Forum List

Back