Nancy Pelosi Wants A Federal Babysitting Service

And then the mothers could get jobs, and off welfare....not sure why this is such an outrageous idea.

Why do you only care about children when they are fetuses?

Yeah.... right!

Im sick and tired of you libtards trying to find new ways to spend MY money.

Let their grandma keep them during the day..... family values is'nt very high on your wish list is it dummy?

:confused:

You'd rather give them welfare than make it possible for them to work? How odd.

That is assuming that they all WANT to work...and that is a mighty big assumption.

Yeah.... right!

Let their grandma keep them during the day..... family values is'nt very high on your wish list is it dummy?

yeah but Gerandma is still back on the farm and many are part of the "Mobile workforce for the new millenia". Moving all over for work.

Few understood what that really meant back when it was coined but I did.

Im sick and tired of the left blaming me for their bad behavior... if I thought they would actually get a job and not use it as a free babysitter, but nahh.... I know better.

Its just like the school system. Lets just throw money at the problem.
When are we gonna learn.... it does'nt work! (and neither will the gutter sluts)
What makes you think that only "the left" have children that they can't afford to care for?

Can you imagine the indoctrination that would go on it those liberal incubators?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ettl3zfLWus]Kids Obama Song - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gtfizIbBDI&feature=related]The Obama Youth - Young children singing praise to Barack Obama - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah.... right!

If we set a time limit on welfare these people would find a way to get jobs and take personal responsibility for their lives. As it stands now, we give them a free place to live and food stamps. There is really no incentive for them to get a job. Adding "day care" to the list will only increase dependency on the government, exactly what we don't need.
I was under the impression that you had to be employed to get food stamps and that there was a limit on welfare programs.

And then the mothers could get jobs, and off welfare....not sure why this is such an outrageous idea.

Why are people having children they can't afford? Pregnancy is 100% preventable.
Human nature.

Not sure why so many people overlook this fact.

It's human nature to bring children into this world that you cannot support and then demand that your neighbor take care of them?

Nah, I don't think so.

But the Nixon-era legislation of which she spoke approvingly subsidized child care for low-income parents and was available to anyone who wanted to pay for it. “She sees this as the next big problem to tackle,’’ Hammill said.

How about those welfare moms use some of their welfare money for child care training ? Bout time they paid for something. Call it an investment in their future. At the same time, they can be great parents!

If we set a time limit on welfare these people would find a way to get jobs and take personal responsibility for their lives. As it stands now, we give them a free place to live and food stamps. There is really no incentive for them to get a job. Adding "day care" to the list will only increase dependency on the government, exactly what we don't need.
I was under the impression that you had to be employed to get food stamps and that there was a limit on welfare programs.

Section 8 is essentially for life (there are 3.1 million recipients now). Food stamps do not require a job.

Last edited:

Section 8 is essentially for life (there are 3.1 million recipients now). Food stamps do not require a job.

Good thing huh...?

anti_obama_face_on_the_food_stamp_funny_sticker_bumper_sticker-p128603987598956114z74sk_400.jpg

I know you righties are going to dis me for this but I'm open to it depending on how its funded. When my wife and I had our two girls my business had yet to take off and my wife wasn't out of college yet. Getting by and paying childcare was an absolute bitch.

Having said that right now our country can't afford anymore programs. Maybe in a decade or so if we get our spending under control. If we can waste money subsidizing oil (nearly as profitable as gold) we can subsidize our future.

Can you imagine the indoctrination that would go on it those liberal incubators?

UGH! Don't remind me. Can you imagine what would happen if a teacher did that regarding a conservative politician? (Actually I can since I am a teacher....I know damn well what would happen)

You should do it and put it on youtube. Get the kiddies to sing "Ode to a Shrub" or something. Don't you think the sound of leftists heads exploding would be fun to hear?

You should do it and put it on youtube. Get the kiddies to sing "Ode to a Shrub" or something. Don't you think the sound of leftists heads exploding would be fun to hear?

Pfft....I damn near got fired because my lectures on business economics were "too conservative".....note: not "too political"..."too conservative." Eh....the Dean was a liberal prick.

But the Nixon-era legislation of which she spoke approvingly subsidized child care for low-income parents and was available to anyone who wanted to pay for it. “She sees this as the next big problem to tackle,’’ Hammill said.

How about those welfare moms use some of their welfare money for child care training ? Bout time they paid for something. Call it an investment in their future. At the same time, they can be great parents!
I don't think you can force them to do it but certainly giving them the opportunity would be a good thing.

Congress does need someone to care for them.
You're right, and Nancy Pelosi monumentally failed to do it herself. Now, she justa wantsa her clawsa arounda alla yer bambinies. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Oh yay.

"One of the great pieces of unfinished business is high-quality child care; I wonder why we just can’t do that,’’ she recently said to a California audience.

By "we", Pelosi means the federal government. Pelosi clarified that Congress should be “doing for child care what we did for health-care reform.”

Well at least we have plenty of money for yet another unconstitutional federal program, right?

High quality? When has the federal government ever provided high quality services? Mediocre is about the best we can hope for.

“I could never get a babysitter — have five kids in six years and no one wants to come to your house. . . . And everywhere I go, women say the same thing,” she said.

Perhaps if she considered paying her babysitters or her children weren't spoiled brats she might get babysitters to come back?

I have said it for a long time, I have no problem with the government opening day care centers for welfare moms (who must volunteer so many hours a month) so that they can seek employment AND once they find employment survive on the wages they get. But, from the sounds of things, that is not what Mrs. Pelosi is talking about.

Immie

Forum List

Back