Nancy Pelosi, it is a t- penalty

She should have consulted with Obama before she practiced her arguments.

Pelosi: "The t--[I mean] penalty..." - YouTube

I love it, all these people, Who support the Bill, Now arguing it's not a Tax. Essentially what they are saying is it's not a tax, it's a fine under the Commerce clause, Which of course has just been ruled Unconstitutional.

We got Everyone from Obama and his People, to Libs in here admitting they don't give a Rats ass about the Constitution. Which is what you are saying if you still claim this is not a tax, But support it standing as one.

Its a tax penalty, and it always has been. It was the samething Mittens passed in Massachusetts.

If it was unconstitutional it never would have passed period.

Its a tax penalty, and it always has been. It was the samething Mittens passed in Massachusetts.

Romney signed into law something the Democrats of Mass wanted.
What Romney signed is a states rights issue, not something that is law for the entire country.
Huge difference.

Last edited:

What Romney signed is a sates rights issue, not something that is law for the entire country.
Huge difference.

I agree, spasma likes to pretend a lot and believe Mass. Is a country not state.

It is a penalty for not paying a tax?

Trouble with a capital "T" And that rhymes with "P" and that stands for....Penalty!

That troubling little T word.... say it.... TTAAAXXXX

:lmao:

The actual trouble with the word tax is not because it is a tax, but because the republicans have campaigned on a lie that they will not tax america. The reality is no matter who gets to be president we all will get to pay taxes, and we all get to pay taxes for things we don't want and do not use. Of course, in this case medicine is something we all use at some point in our lives. Even if you are one of those people who never goes to the doctor you will have emergencies and you will end up in the hospital. Even if it is when you die you will end up there at some point. medicine is one of the few services government can give us that everyone needs. I would rather have taxes supporting people getting medicine than taxes supporting equestrian ballet.

What Romney signed is a sates rights issue, not something that is law for the entire country.
Huge difference.

I agree, spasma likes to pretend a lot and believe Mass. Is a country not state.

According to the supreme court you would be wrong, it is completely valid for the country. I am just waiting for Romney to flip flop and take credit for it. Suddenly obamacare will be romneycare now that it was upheld and Romney will be the one that did it all along. Don't believe me, look at how Romney took credit for the bailouts.

It is a penalty for not paying a tax?

Trouble with a capital "T" And that rhymes with "P" and that stands for....Penalty!

The actual trouble with the word tax is not because it is a tax, but because the republicans have campaigned on a lie that they will not tax america. The reality is no matter who gets to be president we all will get to pay taxes, and we all get to pay taxes for things we don't want and do not use. Of course, in this case medicine is something we all use at some point in our lives. Even if you are one of those people who never goes to the doctor you will have emergencies and you will end up in the hospital. Even if it is when you die you will end up there at some point. medicine is one of the few services government can give us that everyone needs. I would rather have taxes supporting people getting medicine than taxes supporting equestrian ballet.

The Trouble with the TAX is that you will be forced to purchase the ...TAX....even if you dont want the TAX.

The other Trouble with the Tax is that most will never cough up their fair share of the Tax....but use make use of the Tax.

Huge difference.

According to the supreme court you would be wrong, it is completely valid for the country. I am just waiting for Romney to flip flop and take credit for it. Suddenly obamacare will be romneycare now that it was upheld and Romney will be the one that did it all along. Don't believe me, look at how Romney took credit for the bailouts.

Not without some major tweaking.

What Romney signed is a states rights issue, not something that is law for the entire country.
Huge difference.

Romney even vetoed about 8 sections of that Mass. Healthcare bill, and they just overroad the vetos effortlessly.

The Trouble with the TAX is that you will be forced to purchase the ...TAX....even if you dont want the TAX.

The other Trouble with the Tax is that most will never cough up their fair share of the Tax....but use make use of the Tax.

We are also forgetting about the effect on Religious Institutions, and what may be shut down as a result of this Legislation.

Huge difference.

I am saying what Romney is supporting is far different than ObamaCare. How is that wrong? Romney supports a state having the right, but believes it will not work as well nationally, not sure how you get the Supreme Court out of that.

Forum List

Back