Nancy Pelosi is taking at least two Air Force jets to Copenhagen

he can't post links yet.

WASHINGTON -- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is leading a large delegation on at least two Air Force jets to Copenhagen for the climate summit -- where participants harshly condemn the use of jet airplanes for the high amounts of CO2 they emit.

"This may be the largest congressional delegation I have ever heard of," said a source at the 89th Air Wing stationed at Andrews Air Force Base of the trip to the UN summit, which is increasingly being criticized as a farce.

Using her authority as speaker, Pelosi reserved at least two jets based at Andrews AFB to fly her and her delegation to Denmark for the final days of the two-week conference.

Thanks for your help Deli
You are right, when I tried to do so, I was given this message...
"You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more."

If this isn't Hypocrisy, than I don't know what is! Nancy whats her face is taking 2 - 5 Air Force jets to Copenhagen for the climate summit along with her her limousine liberal friends like Charlie Rangel... This pompous Marxist hippy festival goes on while our country piles up a a deficit like we have never seen before, enjoying luxuries like limos, private jets, and fancy gourmet food while claiming that the world is going to hell in a handbasket because of our consumption of WHAT? What a bunch of HYPOCRITES! Can anyone here tell me why Charlie "the Tax Cheat" Rangel is going?
And we hear Obama threatening us about the disaster we are in for if his crap sandwich of a bill is not passed.

*yawn*

cause we all knowi it's not like rupert murdoch's rag would ever distort facts....

what were the costs when good ole denny hastart was around? and we all know how cost-efficient the "conservative" tom delay was.... especially when taking money from lobbyists.

i'm figuring your post is about as accurate as this garbage?

snopes.com: Nancy Pelosi's Jet

Last edited:
Hi jillian, I take it by your last post that your not a fan of the NY Post? Just kidding you, Here is another source that doesn't belong to the owner of the Post.

Nancy Pelosi is taking a fairly large contingent to Copenhagen Thursday, flying to the climate conference with 14 Democrats and six Republicans.

The full list for the congressional delegation is not surprising, composed mostly of the key committee chairmen and ranking Republicans from those committees, including Reps. Ed Markey (D-Mass.) and Joe Barton (R-Texas).

Pelosi will participate in a photo op and a round table on Thursday, and conduct a press conference in Copenhagen at 3:30 local time.
Pelosi taking 20 House members to Copenhagen - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO.com

I just see this as a massive waste of money and you know jilian in a time when most Americans are having trouble making ends meet, it would be nice if those that represent us regardless of party made at least some effort to appear to be fiscally responsible. As an example, how much would it have cost for this delagation to attend via video conference as opposed to the cost of jet fuel, expenses. etc.

If this isn't Hypocrisy, than I don't know what is! Nancy whats her face is taking 2 - 5 Air Force jets to Copenhagen for the climate summit along with her her limousine liberal friends like Charlie Rangel... This pompous Marxist hippy festival goes on while our country piles up a a deficit like we have never seen before, enjoying luxuries like limos, private jets, and fancy gourmet food while claiming that the world is going to hell in a handbasket because of our consumption of WHAT? What a bunch of HYPOCRITES! Can anyone here tell me why Charlie "the Tax Cheat" Rangel is going?
And we hear Obama threatening us about the disaster we are in for if his crap sandwich of a bill is not passed.

I wish I could be there to watch the Chinaman tell her to go fuck herself.:lol:

For the right donation, anything is possible.

Hi jillian, I take it by your last post that your not a fan of the NY Post? Just kidding you, Here is another source that doesn't belong to the owner of the Post.

Nancy Pelosi is taking a fairly large contingent to Copenhagen Thursday, flying to the climate conference with 14 Democrats and six Republicans.

The full list for the congressional delegation is not surprising, composed mostly of the key committee chairmen and ranking Republicans from those committees, including Reps. Ed Markey (D-Mass.) and Joe Barton (R-Texas).

Pelosi will participate in a photo op and a round table on Thursday, and conduct a press conference in Copenhagen at 3:30 local time.

I just see this as a massive waste of money and you know jilian in a time when most Americans are having trouble making ends meet, it would be nice if those that represent us regardless of party made at least some effort to appear to be fiscally responsible. As an example, how much would it have cost for this delagation to attend via video conference as opposed to the cost of jet fuel, expenses. etc.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Navy1960 again.

:clap2:

you know, i understand. but my lack of patience is less with rupert murdoch (who at least acts in his own financial interests) it's with the hypocrites who are suddenly concerned about spending after not giving a rat's patoot for eight years.

I don't much like nancy pelosi... and i can think of a half dozen people i would prefer to see as speaker. but i can't be bothered with the type of partisan whinefest that accompanies every utterance of any democrat.... justified or not justified. last time, as i showed in the link, the things they said were fabricated.

i'd like to see us stop wasting money, too... i'd like the troops brought home from Iraq and would like to see us be able to finish up in Afghanistan ASAP.

But notice... none of the people who whine ever complain about the fact that haliburton employees were paid $1,000 a day to do jobs our troops could have done.

these things, while annoyances, are a drop in the bucket and a negligble percentage of our GDP.

as for your site, i thank you. i hear the guys from Politico on Scarborough every morning. They're pretty partisan, but are interesting. :)

I have started reading and listening to all of the propaganda media and then sort of like when you put things in a juicer squeeze out the pulp and try to make a little sense of it. It's honestly a real shame that media in general in this nation from both sides feels it more important to add commentary to it's news programming rather than actually going to the source or prehaps actually heaven forbid having to report on the news. At least in my opinion it's all about lowering standards and expectations, when people expect these sorts of things then they accept them. Take for instance when you have interview with the President, no matter who that President happens to be, that should not be a forum for the President to just talk like it's a state of the union address like he did with Steve Croft, the President should be hit hard with questions as should the likes of Pelosi. I wonder how much effort it would take to ask Pelosi and for that matter the Republicans that going with her, " How do you feel about spending several hundred thousand dollars going to Denmark today knowing that, today several thosand Americans lost their jobs and that money would have kept some of them employed?" See what I mean sometimes these people need to be shamed into actually remembering what it is they actually do.

you know, i understand. but my lack of patience is less with rupert murdoch (who at least acts in his own financial interests) it's with the hypocrites who are suddenly concerned about spending after not giving a rat's patoot for eight years.

I don't much like nancy pelosi... and i can think of a half dozen people i would prefer to see as speaker. but i can't be bothered with the type of partisan whinefest that accompanies every utterance of any democrat.... justified or not justified. last time, as i showed in the link, the things they said were fabricated.

i'd like to see us stop wasting money, too... i'd like the troops brought home from Iraq and would like to see us be able to finish up in Afghanistan ASAP.

But notice... none of the people who whine ever complain about the fact that haliburton employees were paid $1,000 a day to do jobs our troops could have done.

these things, while annoyances, are a drop in the bucket and a negligble percentage of our GDP.

as for your site, i thank you. i hear the guys from Politico on Scarborough every morning. They're pretty partisan, but are interesting. :)

Civilians have been doing jobs that our troops could have done(used to do) for many years. It was part of the lie they told you about downsizing the military. They replaced Military cooks with civilians which cost more in wages. They replaced Unit clerks with secretaries in many of the higher echelon offices. They replaced medics and doctors with civilians. To include the medical office personnel. Haliburton was given their first no bid contract from the Clinton Administration, but they were not the first civilians to take military jobs.

hopefully they will bump into each other at let say 30,000 feet!!! That would make my christmas!!!!

It used to be the Speaker didn't get a jet at all, but because of 9/11, Bush and the Republicans insisted the Speaker go by military transport because he/she is in line to become president. And that's a fact.

It used to be the Speaker didn't get a jet at all, but because of 9/11, Bush and the Republicans insisted the Speaker go by military transport because he/she is in line to become president. And that's a fact.

This is true, and it makes sense. But this trip to the do nothing conference is still a waste of our money.

I wish I could be there to watch the Chinaman tell her to go fuck herself.:lol:
China is backing change. They're building windmills is Texas.

There is absolutely no reason for that arrogant, money spending, drag queen, fart faced frozen wicked wench of the west Pelosi to go to Copenhagen, other than to have herself a vacation and buy off some politicians by bringing them along. . She spends our money like a drunken whore. These jackasses have no problem wasting our tax money for a phony cause. They should be taxed for the carbon footprint for this trip. I guess their motto is "Do as I say, not as I do".
I hope Pelosi thinks with her "brain" about the rules of our Country before she opens her liberal mouth and offers up all kinds of hope and money. This over-flowing charade of global warming has run amok!. She needs to remember before she gives away a penny that it must first be approved by our Congress. It's not her money to give away... We all know how that turned out with the health care fiasco?. I guess here we go again with another radical, looney idea?. Why doesn't this administration get down to the facts of the "real" issues this Country faces?. That's why their numbers are tanking faster than a bowling ball in the middle of the ocean. . How did this bunch ever get to where they are??. It never ceases to Amaze me.

Last edited:
You know, we all found the same article,

apparently you all got the same talking points. Not a real surprise there. However, the article is VERY biased and only quotes republcian sources who attack democrats.

what really struck me about that article is the number of aircraft they are actually taking to Denmark.

How many is that?? I mean the article claims that republcians say that she reserved 5 but what is the actual number? Besides that, the delegation includes republcians and democrats. So why are the righties out to attack only pelosi and why aren't they holding their own to the same scrutiny and ridicule?

What is it that members of congress hope to accomplish in Denmark knowing that nothing will come out of it? If they really wanted to do something worthwhile, then they should visit the troops in Afghanistan and Iraq or those deployed overseas, thats money well spent.

I don't know what they hope to accomplish why don't you write one of the republicans going and ask them?

Furthermore, how many planes and what sizes were available? The article lists the types and sizes that the 89th has but doesn't list what was actually requested and what was actually available so it's quite interesting that the right jumps to all of these conclusions based on assumptions all so they can attack only pelosi.
Without all of the facts how can anyone honestly make some of the claims being made by the right in this thread?

Yet, they have the nerve to berate CEOs for taking their own corporate jet to Washington DC.

I could see your point IF pelosi was requesting individual jets for each and every individual member and their staff. However, that doesn't appear to be the case based on what little info was listed in the articles.

My question is how else are they all, republicans and democrats, going to get there??

This is true, and it makes sense. But this trip to the do nothing conference is still a waste of our money.

To those who don't believe in the threat of climate change to national security that even W warned about in this 2007 sotu address I am sure that it does seem like a waste of money.
I felt that invading a country that was no real threat to the US was a waste of time and money too but my guess is that most on the right felt that it was needed and how much larger of a waste was that than taking a couple (or a few more) planes of democrats and republicans to a conference?

Another right wing media lie no doubt, I cant find anything about the story in any respectable news org.

You know, we all found the same article,

apparently you all got the same talking points. Not a real surprise there. However, the article is VERY biased and only quotes republcian sources who attack democrats.

what really struck me about that article is the number of aircraft they are actually taking to Denmark.

How many is that?? I mean the article claims that republcians say that she reserved 5 but what is the actual number? Besides that, the delegation includes republcians and democrats. So why are the righties out to attack only pelosi and why aren't they holding their own to the same scrutiny and ridicule?

What is it that members of congress hope to accomplish in Denmark knowing that nothing will come out of it? If they really wanted to do something worthwhile, then they should visit the troops in Afghanistan and Iraq or those deployed overseas, thats money well spent.

I don't know what they hope to accomplish why don't you write one of the republicans going and ask them?

Furthermore, how many planes and what sizes were available? The article lists the types and sizes that the 89th has but doesn't list what was actually requested and what was actually available so it's quite interesting that the right jumps to all of these conclusions based on assumptions all so they can attack only pelosi.
Without all of the facts how can anyone honestly make some of the claims being made by the right in this thread?

As you didn't bother to read any of my other posts , or decided to edit what you felt supported this let me help you some. First, you would have seen in a later post I proved another source for this story other than the NY Post, so as to your claim of talking points, I can understand if your a supporter of the Speaker how when someone woudl call into question her actions and those of ALL < (NOTE THAT SAYS ALL) of the congressmen that are going with her including Republicans, would upset you. First, the 89th only has a few aircraft that are ETOPS certified in case you don't know that means it means certified to travel over water for a Twin Engine Aircraft such as the 757 or 737. So it doesn't take much to figure out which aircraft they are taking and which they are not, especially if you consider the large number of people that are traveling with that group. I encourage you next time before you read my posts to read them rather than assume you think you know what my postiion is and read them all before posting. First, never made a claim as to the number of aircraft, second, never made the calim of just democrats , in fact my posts dealt with spending money needlessly which this trip to Denmark is needlessly spending money for a photo-op which was not my calim but the claim of Politco hardly a bastion of conservatisim. Of course your entitled to your opinion and if you believe that spending several hundred thousand dollars in a trip to Denmark for a photo-op when 450,000 Americans lost their jobs last moth is a good thing, then of course be my guest. I don't call that good conduct for a legislator especially for the Speaker of the House.

Forum List

Back