Nancy Pelosi is taking at least two Air Force jets to Copenhagen

Discussion in 'Politics' started by thinblueline, Dec 17, 2009.

1. thinblueline

thinblueline Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20
    If this isn't Hypocrisy, than I don't know what is! Nancy whats her face is taking 2 - 5 Air Force jets to Copenhagen for the climate summit along with her her limousine liberal friends like Charlie Rangel... This pompous Marxist hippy festival goes on while our country piles up a a deficit like we have never seen before, enjoying luxuries like limos, private jets, and fancy gourmet food while claiming that the world is going to hell in a handbasket because of our consumption of WHAT? What a bunch of HYPOCRITES! Can anyone here tell me why Charlie "the Tax Cheat" Rangel is going?
    And we hear Obama threatening us about the disaster we are in for if his crap sandwich of a bill is not passed.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,500
    thinblueline
    Can you do me a favor and post a link on this? We just went through a lot of urban legend BS yesterday about the Pelosi jets

3. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    First thinblue, welcome to USMB and thank you service to your comunity. A heads up , when you post information , USMB rules require a link of somekind , because of the nature of copyright laws as well as it serves to back up what you are posting. I have taken the liberty to post a link in support of your story.

The 757 carries 45 passengers and costs more than $10,000 per hour to fly, according to Air Force figures.

The roundtrip cost to Copenhagen and back for the C-32A would cost taxpayers $160,000.

The 737 carries 26 passengers and costs about $7,500 per hour of flight time, bringing the costs of a Copenhagen jaunt to $120,000.

Pelosi's climate air farce - NYPOST.com

I'm assuming you saw it in the Post and as for the trip it would seem that some of these members would have been better served at least for appearence sakes to ask the President for a lift to Denmark rather than spend even more money needlessly as nothing will come out of the conference in the first place so in the end it will be a lot of money spent for a photo-op, and it would seem to me that could have been done with photoshop and a picture of denmark in the background.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
  5. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    he can't post links yet.

Pelosi's climate air farce - NYPOST.com

WASHINGTON -- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is leading a large delegation on at least two Air Force jets to Copenhagen for the climate summit -- where participants harshly condemn the use of jet airplanes for the high amounts of CO2 they emit.

"This may be the largest congressional delegation I have ever heard of," said a source at the 89th Air Wing stationed at Andrews Air Force Base of the trip to the UN summit, which is increasingly being criticized as a farce.

Using her authority as speaker, Pelosi reserved at least two jets based at Andrews AFB to fly her and her delegation to Denmark for the final days of the two-week conference.

6. SFC Ollie

SFC Ollie Still Marching

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,458
    Would anyone expect less from Nazi Pelosi?

7. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    You know, we all found the same article, what really struck me about that article is the number of aircraft they are actually taking to Denmark. What is it that members of congress hope to accomplish in Denmark knowing that nothing will come out of it? If they really wanted to do something worthwhile, then they should visit the troops in Afghanistan and Iraq or those deployed overseas, thats money well spent.

8. obama2ndterm

obama2ndterm BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Republicans are stepping up attacks on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, deciding that a major part of their 2010 electoral strategy will be linking Democratic candidates to her. She should pick up some Champagne too. Celebrate the upcoming election victory. I would personally spot her competition 2 million votes at 2/1 odd for any takers. It's nice to see a woman
    hated so much. trounce the so called competition.Next thing you know Boxer and Feinstein
    will easily be re elected.

9. ba1614

ba1614 Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +876
    I wish I could be there to watch the Chinaman tell her to go fuck herself.:lol:

10. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    Do you actually have anything worthwhile to state, or is it all blather, sloganeering, and leftist blog talking points?