Nancy Pelosi is taking at least two Air Force jets to Copenhagen

OK fool now where in those articles does it rave on about the Jets she is taking?

With an Air Expeditionary Force combat-ready force of over 1,000 personnel, the 89th Airlift Wing provides global Special Air Mission airlift, logistics, aerial port and communications for the president, vice president, cabinet members, combatant commanders and other senior military and elected leaders as tasked by the White House, Air Force chief of staff and Air Mobility Command. The 89th Airlift Wing maintains 24/7 alert, operating the Executive Airlift Training Center and Government Network Operation Center.
Factsheets : 89th Airlift Wing

You know, we all found the same article,

apparently you all got the same talking points. Not a real surprise there. However, the article is VERY biased and only quotes republcian sources who attack democrats.

How many is that?? I mean the article claims that republcians say that she reserved 5 but what is the actual number? Besides that, the delegation includes republcians and democrats. So why are the righties out to attack only pelosi and why aren't they holding their own to the same scrutiny and ridicule?

What is it that members of congress hope to accomplish in Denmark knowing that nothing will come out of it? If they really wanted to do something worthwhile, then they should visit the troops in Afghanistan and Iraq or those deployed overseas, thats money well spent.

I don't know what they hope to accomplish why don't you write one of the republicans going and ask them?

Furthermore, how many planes and what sizes were available? The article lists the types and sizes that the 89th has but doesn't list what was actually requested and what was actually available so it's quite interesting that the right jumps to all of these conclusions based on assumptions all so they can attack only pelosi.
Without all of the facts how can anyone honestly make some of the claims being made by the right in this thread?

As you didn't bother to read any of my other posts

ok I don't know about you but I read from front to back and I started at the beginning of this thread so what you said later was not read until I got to it. So am I take it that you read every single post in a thread BEFORE you respond in that thread??

, or decided to edit what you felt supported this let me help you some.

WHAT DID I EDIT? I edited NOTHING nor did I take anything out of context so please explain your claim that I did.

First, you would have seen in a later post I proved another source for this story other than the NY Post, so as to your claim of talking points, I can understand if your a supporter of the Speaker how when someone woudl call into question her actions and those of ALL < (NOTE THAT SAYS ALL) of the congressmen that are going with her including Republicans, would upset you.

Is that supposed to make any sense?? I read your later article. However, it is lacking in details as well so that point of mine is still valid.

First, the 89th only has a few aircraft that are ETOPS certified in case you don't know that means it means certified to travel over water for a Twin Engine Aircraft such as the 757 or 737. So it doesn't take much to figure out which aircraft they are taking and which they are not, especially if you consider the large number of people that are traveling with that group. I encourage you next time before you read my posts to read them rather than assume you think you know what my postiion is and read them all before posting.

So you argument is based on assumption. Thanks for clearing that up. Furthermore, I read your posts as I came to them and assumed nothing. However, you did and you admitted so.

First, never made a claim as to the number of aircraft,

Correct me if i am wrong but did you say "what really struck me about that article is the number of aircraft they are actually taking to Denmark" so if that is not a comment on the number of aircraft then what is??

second, never made the calim of just democrats , in fact my posts dealt with spending money needlessly which this trip to Denmark is needlessly spending money for a photo-op which was not my calim but the claim of Politco hardly a bastion of conservatisim.
and yet this thread is about blaming and attacking ONLY pelosi and I am merely defending her from unjust critcism based on the fact that she is NOT the only "party" at "fault." Oh and in case you missed it in your zeal to attack her for the photo-op there is also a round table scheduled but I am sure that you left that out for a good reason. I wonder what that reason could be?

Of course your entitled to your opinion and if you believe that spending several hundred thousand dollars in a trip to Denmark for a photo-op when 450,000 Americans lost their jobs last moth is a good thing, then of course be my guest. I don't call that good conduct for a legislator especially for the Speaker of the House.

As you are entitled to your opinion. However, once again you CHOOSE to leave out details that don't suit your argument. Why is that??

Last edited:
Pelosi taking 20 House members to Copenhagen - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO.com

The Associated Press: Capito plans to attend Copenhagen climate summit

There are more than a few articles on the subject of The Speaker traveling to Denmark with a congressional delegation.

truthmatters thinks pelosi walked there.

I am guessing not but that seems to be how the republicans believe she and the others should get there since they are so against flying there. LOL This is just another example of the right trying to grasp at straws and make a mountain out of mole hill.

There are more than a few articles on the subject of The Speaker traveling to Denmark with a congressional delegation.

I am guessing not but that seems to be how the republicans believe she and the others should get there since they are so against flying there. LOL This is just another example of the right trying to grasp at straws and make a mountain out of mole hill.

tell me. what does this group of congresspeople, dem and repub, add to the ongoing *summit*?

are they empowered to negotiate?

do they have expertise in *climate change* that will effect the outcome?

or are they just political hacks milking the taxpayers for all they're worth?

there's no reason for them to be there.

And yet only three have been posted. LOL Furthermore, The trip I am sure is real but the partisan attitude and ridiculous rants from the right on this subject are what is based on fiction and assumption.

I am still waiting on the specifics as to exactly how many aircraft are going and which ones. That way we can actually look at the facts and determine based on that whether it is indeed a waste or not. If they take the aircraft that is needed to transprot all that are going then I don't see that as waste. Although, if they do take more than what is actually needed then yes that would be considered a waste in my book.
However, as of yet we don't have all of the facts. So to assume that it was a wastefull trip when you don't have all of the info is less than honest.

Of course on a completely different matter you could believe that the reason for the trip itself is wasteful but then that is nothing more than a difference of opinion.

tell me. what does this group of congresspeople, dem and repub, add to the ongoing *summit*?

are they empowered to negotiate?

do they have expertise in *climate change* that will effect the outcome?

or are they just political hacks milking the taxpayers for all they're worth?

there's no reason for them to be there.

I already stated that I don't know what they hope to accomplish I wasn't part of the briefings and that if you wish to know why don't you write one of the republcians going and see if they can answer your questions. I don't know how I can make that any easier to understand.

OK fool now where in those articles does it rave on about the Jets she is taking?

have someone read them to you, dolt.

Did you read it?? It doesn't list the aircraft being used it lists the aircraft that the 89th has at it's disposal.

arguing about what type(s) of plane she and her coterie took is so far beside the point as to be ludicrous. the point is that there is no purpose served by the trip itself.

apparently that's a little too complex for you to understand.

Forum List

Back