Nancy Pelosi.....genius

I'm so glad that she is still the face of the democrat party....

images

1. Hoyer does not at all hate Pelosi. Not even close and neither does the article you referenced suggest anything close to his doing so.
  2. Her quip was callously insipid and absolutely uncalled-for, not on the basis of her calling the guys white -- they are white -- but on the basis of the "hamburger stand" part of it. What the group is trying to do has vastly more gravitas than does anything going on at a hamburger stand or even within a corporation like Five Guys which hasn't anything like some, what, 700K or 800K employees, and, given that wherever be found a Five Guys, it's hardly the only hamburger stand or restaurant in town.
  3. Hoyer succumbed to what too many white folks do: internalizing --> thinking that a race-specific statement about a group of white folks necessarily pertains to them.

If one is not a racist, and one fully understands the various forms and manifestations of racism, and one either knows one isn't a racist or knows that one makes every possible effort to eschew one's racist tendencies, then one has no need to take umbrage over the fact that a group that includes oneself has been cited in connection with having some sort of racial bias. After, as a member of a group, one is but one person in it and cannot control the actions of the group; however, one can withdraw from the group if one deems that it's actions/values are racist.
  4. The men who are tasked with crafting the DACA legislation are five in number and white. It's not like Pelosi did anything other than state the obvious. I don't see anything offensive about the "five white guys" part of her remark. Were they black, she could have said "five black guys," and I'd feel the same way for the fact of the matter is that there are no Latinos among them, yet they are tasked with deciding the fate of people who primarily are Latino.

Indeed, of the people who attended the WH DACA meeting earlier this week, AFAIK, only Rep. Cuellar is of Hispanic extraction. At the very least, be it for optics or to genuinely have someone who have some sort of real connection to the affected people, one'd think the "five guy" group would have swapped out one white guy and brought in one Latino guy.

Forum List

Back