Countries worse than

Who cares? What are you trying to get at?
you know.....you guys cry about him calling African countries and Haiti shitholes (and el Salvador...but they never mention that one).....so what country on Earth is worse than Haiti?

you know.....you guys cry about him calling African countries and Haiti shitholes (and el Salvador...but they never mention that one).....so what country on Earth is worse than Haiti?
Is that really what you heard? Clean out your ears or stop listening to the spin.

The controversy is with his question asking why we need to let people immigrate from shithole countries like haiti. Its not about calling the countries shitholes, its about him saying that he doesn't want people from those countries in our country. Is it possible to be more pompous and elitist? Did you really not get that?

Is that really what you heard? Clean out your ears or stop listening to the spin.

The controversy is with his question asking why we need to let people immigrate from shithole countries like haiti. Its not about calling the countries shitholes, its about him saying that he doesn't want people from those countries in our country. Is it possible to be more pompous and elitist? Did you really not get that?
No I didn't get that.....I heard the quote.....do you have audio?

The people coming from those countries are very low skilled and do not add to our country.......how do I know?

He didn't say India....which is a shit hole country....So bad in fact, they had to remove currency and make people go to banks........yeah it's that bad

but he didn't say anything about them....why? Because their immigrants are educated and do well.....I work in IT and our team of 12 is led by an Indian an about 3/4 of the team are Indians.........they know their shit.......good people.....Haitians.....don't

We've know Haiti has been a shit hole for how long?
Why is it never fixed????

The people coming from those countries are very low skilled and do not add to our country.......how do I know?

He didn't say India....which is a shit hole country....So bad in fact, they had to remove currency and make people go to banks........yeah it's that bad

but he didn't say anything about them....why? Because their immigrants are educated and do well.....I work in IT and our team of 12 is led by an Indian an about 3/4 of the team are Indians.........they know their shit.......good people.....Haitians.....don't

Did my point go right over your head? Here, read slowly... The dig on Trump isn't that he called Haiti a shithole, it is that he said 'Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?'

He is saying that if somebody is from a shithole country he doesn't want them here. You really don't understand how fucked up that is coming from the president of the US? What happened to Merit based? What happened to land of opportunity? Are we now going to judge people and close the door on them when they want to come to America to make a better life for their families just because they were born in a shitty place?

Did my point go right over your head? Here, read slowly... The dig on Trump isn't that he called Haiti a shithole, it is that he said 'Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?'

He is saying that if somebody is from a shithole country he doesn't want them here. You really don't understand how fucked up that is coming from the president of the US? What happened to Merit based? What happened to land of opportunity? Are we now going to judge people and close the door on them when they want to come to America to make a better life for their families just because they were born in a shitty place?

Glad you're for merit based immigration...that's progress

And what do you think merit based will do?

You think we're getting tons of people from Haiti?

a few.....but lets face it.....there isn't much talent there.
We'll get more people from Europe, certain Middle East countries, India, and Asia....

less from central America and Africa and the Caribbean.......

While the Middle East and India are shit holes........they provide value......Haiti doesn't......it's a complete waste of time.......the only positive thing about Haiti is it's close to the US.

so again, what countries are worse than Haiti.....and by worse....I mean economically, education, health care..........just give me some.....hint: it's gonna be very, very hard to do.

We'll get more people from Europe, certain Middle East countries, India, and Asia....

While the Middle East and India are shit holes........they provide value......Haiti doesn't......it's a complete waste of time.......the only positive thing about Haiti is it's close to the US.

so again, what countries are worse than Haiti.....and by worse....I mean economically, education, health care..........just give me some.....hint: it's gonna be very, very hard to do.
I don't care about which countries are worse than Haiti. I think a Haitian life is just as valuable as a Norwegian life and I don't think we should be judging people based on the country they happened to have been born in. Thats not what our country is about in my eyes.

I don't care about which countries are worse than Haiti. I think a Haitian life is just as valuable as a Norwegian life and I don't think we should be judging people based on the country they happened to have been born in. Thats not what our country is about in my eyes.

I agree on the principal.....but you have to look at their countries......again, I think he would be ok with Haitians....but not tons of welfare sucking people that don't do shit.....and cant do much.....why have we been letting them in???? I mean by the thousands and millions.

I agree on the principal.....but you have to look at their countries......again, I think he would be ok with Haitians....but not tons of welfare sucking people that don't do shit.....and cant do much.....why have we been letting them in???? I mean by the thousands and millions.
We aren't letting them in by the millions, thats more fake news. Last census shows that theres about 500K Haitian born in this country. Half have become American citizens, a fraction are illegal and a couple 100K have protected status following the earthquake in 2010 that wiped out their country.

The largest group of immigrants to this country are from the Americas, second is Asia, third is Africa and Europe. So what exactly is your gripe?

Can you admit that it was a really shitting thing for our POTUS to say?

We aren't letting them in by the millions, thats more fake news. Last census shows that theres about 500K Haitian born in this country. Half have become American citizens, a fraction are illegal and a couple 100K have protected status following the earthquake in 2010 that wiped out their country.

The largest group of immigrants to this country are from the Americas, second is Asia, third is Africa and Europe. So what exactly is your gripe?

I said thousands and millions....it depends on the country.......

my gripe is they are fucking poor, with low prospects......and end up in ghettos and become wards of the state

as I've said, Indians are fine....they come from the same type of situation, but are much better educated and succeed........Haitians typically don't do nearly as well
Chinese are fine, Japanese, Koreans, Phillipinos, Vietnamese....are all fine

In Africa.....uh not much there.....Egyptians and South Africans.....maybe.....but cautious..the rest......denied...EXCEPT in rare cases.
European.......usually ok....same reason as with India.....

Basically I want people who can succeed when they arrive.......education, ambition, drive...things of that nature....people with skills....carrying laundry on your head is not a skill we need.

my gripe is they are fucking poor, with low prospects......and end up in ghettos and become wards of the state

as I've said, Indians are fine....they come from the same type of situation, but are much better educated and succeed........Haitians typically don't do nearly as well

In Africa.....uh not much there.....Egyptians and South Africans.....maybe.....but cautious..the rest......denied...EXCEPT in rare cases.

Basically I want people who can succeed when they arrive.......education, ambition, drive...things of that nature....people with skills....carrying laundry on your head is not a skill we need.
Whats wrong with you. Just go back and read your shit. You are completely generalizing people based on what country they come from. It is the same logic that racists use. "Blacks have the highest percentage of poor and are the most uneducated so why would I hire one. Mexicans have the highest rate of theft so why should we let them even enter our stores... It's idiot logic. We evolved past that kind of thinking decades ago... Well at least most of us did

Whats wrong with you. Just go back and read your shit. You are completely generalizing people based on what country they come from. It is the same logic that racists use. "Blacks have the highest percentage of poor and are the most uneducated so why would I hire one. Mexicans have the highest rate of theft so why should we let them even enter our stores... It's idiot logic. We evolved past that kind of thinking decades ago... Well at least most of us did
Wrong, notice I said except in rare cases.....so yes

but you liberals act like everyone and everything is equal....they aren't.......
I have time and time told you why.......
Indians are people of color.....we love them, because they do shit......we don't love ones that don't do shit......
how do we know? I work with tons of Indians....I could name about 50 off the top of my head......I cant name one Haitian.....

and it's not just me, Haitians don't accell here......they come and end up poor.....you dems like it because you get votes.....but the contribute very little.....

you may not like math....but it is what it is........we should take people that will help our country...aka merit based immigration.......

but you liberals act like everyone and everything is equal....they aren't.......
Indians are people of color.....we love them, because they do shit......we don't love ones that don't do shit......
how do we know? I work with tons of Indians....I could name about 50 off the top of my head......I cant name one Haitian.....

and it's not just me, Haitians don't accell here......they come and end up poor.....you dems like it because you get votes.....but the contribute very little.....

you may not like math....but it is what it is........we should take people that will help our country...aka merit based immigration.......
On the contrary, i'm not making an argument that everybody is equal. I'd take the position that everybody is unique and different and we shouldn't simply judge people by race, religion, ethnicity, or their birthplace.

I just used your example to justify not hiring blacks or not allowing mexicans into stores. Another one would be to outlaw anybody who is black and from Chicago to buy a gun or enter other states because they pose a security risk... Do you see how idiotic this logic is?

Also, i'm not a Dem. I think Dems, like Reps are puppets that need to grow some independence and break from their corrupt parties.

On the contrary, i'm not making an argument that everybody is equal. I'd take the position that everybody is unique and different and we shouldn't simply judge people by race, religion, ethnicity, or their birthplace.

I just used your example to justify not hiring blacks or not allowing mexicans into stores. Another one would be to outlaw anybody who is black and from Chicago to buy a gun or enter other states because they pose a security risk... Do you see how idiotic this logic is?

Also, i'm not a Dem. I think Dems, like Reps are puppets that need to grow some independence and break from their corrupt parties.

Ok, we have limited resources and time, we have to have broad categories...so if you're from Haiti, you better standout....it's like college adminsions....you want to get to Harvard, just graduating high school isn't going to cut it......Haiti is a shithole high school.....you better be a great athlete, saved people in a disaster, have papers that are beyond exceptional or something to stand you out....because on average....they will look at the reputation of your high school

so in this instance the US is Harvard...we get who we want......we can get people from Haiti, but importing thousands of people in the hope a few make it, is not worth our time.....if we can import people from Greece and get better candidates on average, we pick the Greeks.....but if there are truly exception people in Haiti, we grab them...

that's how recruiting works in business and sports.

Ok, we have limited resources and time, we have to have broad categories...so if you're from Haiti, you better standout....it's like college adminsions....you want to get to Harvard, just graduating high school isn't going to cut it......Haiti is a shithole high school.....you better be a great athlete, saved people in a disaster, have papers that are beyond exceptional or something to stand you out....because on average....they will look at the reputation of your high school

so in this instance the US is Harvard...we get who we want......we can get people from Haiti, but importing thousands of people in the hope a few make it, is not worth our time.....if we can import people from Greece and get better candidates on average, we pick the Greeks.....but if there are truly exception people in Haiti, we grab them...

that's how recruiting works in business and sports.
Yeah, thats fine and dandy for part of our immigration system, however, there's still that ol American spirit. That beacon of light that welcomes the poor, hungry, oppressed and disparaged no matter who they are and gives them a chance to achieve their dreams. Lady Liberty says it better than I...

With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

As long as we don't forget these basic principles of humanity and American values then i'm all good with doing some strategic recruiting. The conservative Right really needs to work on their messaging and stop sounding like complete douchbags.... absorb and reflect a little understanding of the American Spirit that the Lady speaks about.

He's still trying to make excuses for Trump's revolting comments today.
I don't see how anybody can. They are all trying to spin it by saying that Haiti is a shithole, like we don't know how to read a quote and understand that Trump wasn't talking about Haiti, he was talking about PEOPLE from Haiti. Sick and sad and embarrassing statement coming from our POTUS

Forum List

Back