Name the Republicans who have ever banned birth contrtol

Really? Do tell who birth control has been denied to? I wait with baited breath. Any one individual that you can identify who is denied birth control by a politician, I promise to send them a rubber in your honor to make sure they have the birth control they desire.

The personhood amendments will do just that by, counter to medical opinion, labeling IUDs as abortifacients.

Again, hanging the debate on "it's never happened before!" is lame. Nothing happens until it does.

So are you under the impression that abortion and IUD's are the only form of birth control available. If so, I'll swing by and pick you up and introduce you to some machines hanging on the truck stop restroom wall. Birth control is cheap and readily availabe to anyone who wants it. Liberals can try to stir up a "controversy" that conservatives are trying to deny birth control to women in the hopes it will obfuscate Obama's dismal record in an election year, but thank God most people are too intelligent to fall for it.

Of course not. Are you under the impression that every woman can tolerate oral birth control?

Who are you, or anyone, to limit viable health options to women based on you religious/moral position.

The fact is, medical management is between doctor and patient. Every else can piss off. Saying "this is a non issue because there is still oral birth control" is a dud. But try and play it and see where it gets you.

Anytime a group wants to over reach into others health care, it's controversial. If you think this is going to be ignored to go quietly in the night, you are delusional.

BTW, "liberals" didn't create this controversy. We are just calling you on it.

One, kcw is wrong on IUDs. Can't defend his argument at all.

Two, GOP has often been anti-contraception. So have some dems in the past.

Three, the admin's attempt to corral the Catholic hospitals and charities on these issues crossed the constitutional line and was forced to back off.

Four, the GOP should have made hay out of it all politically, but the far right went and pissed in it by trying to say things that weren't true.

Like TPS.

I want the GOP to win this year. The far right is making it more unlikely every day that will happen.
Since 99% of all women that are sexual active use birth control and 80% have used oral contraceptives, no politician that seriously seeks office would try to ban birth control.

One, kcw is wrong on IUDs. Can't defend his argument at all.

Two, GOP has often been anti-contraception. So have some dems in the past.

Three, the admin's attempt to corral the Catholic hospitals and charities on these issues crossed the constitutional line and was forced to back off.

Four, the GOP should have made hay out of it all politically, but the far right went and pissed in it by trying to say things that weren't true.

Like TPS.

I want the GOP to win this year. The far right is making it more unlikely every day that will happen.
Since 99% of all women that are sexual active use birth control and 80% have used oral contraceptives, no politician that seriously seeks office would try to ban birth control.

Not when they can use the Catholic Church to do it for them

Still no liberals will answer this.

Why? BECAUSE IT COMPLETELY SHUTS DOWN THEIR LYING MEME ABOUT REPUBLICANS AND BIRTH CONTROL.

This is all they have. They can't give us reasons to vote for Obama.

Face it libs. Thanks to me, YOU JUST LOST THE ARGUMENT!

I will hit you with this question every time you try another spamming Bullshit about Republicans and birth control.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I already addressed this in another thread but very well.

1873 President Ulysses S. Grant (Republican) signed the Comstock Act of 1873 which prohibited contraception, information about contraception, or information about how to obtain contraception from being sent in the United Sates mail or crossing state lines. The law was pushed by Anthony Comstock (Republican) and passed the 43rd United States Congress with little opposition. Both houses of Congress were dominated by Republicans with a 69.9% share of the Senate and a 63.4% share of the House. Approximately 4,000 people faced criminal charges as a result.

Connecticut Governor Charles B. Andrews (Republican) signed into law a complete ban on all contraceptive drugs and devices including a ban on their use by married couples and in regards to private or personal possession, sale, or ownership in 1879. While I can't find information on the party demographics of the Connecticut General Assembly in 1879, the state was a strongly Republican until the 1960s so it's likely that the Republicans held the majority. The law was ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court in 1965 (Griswold v. Connecticut).

Birth control for non-married couples was not established until 1975 Baird v. Eisenstadt; a Supreme Court decision which broadened the scope of the Griswold decision and was in regard to a Massachusetts law banning contraception ("Crimes against chastity" (Chapter 272, sections 19- 21A). Whether the crimes against chastity laws were sponsored by Republicans is unknown, but as with Connecticut, Massachusetts was a strong Republican state until FDR and one could reasonably conclude that the laws were passed before then.

USC Law School

Comstock Act (1873) - eNotes.com

Comstock laws - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

43rd United States Congress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Birth Control - A Brief History of Birth Control - Our Bodies Ourselves

General Laws of Massachusetts - Chapter 272 Crimes Against Chastity, Morality, Decency and Good Order. - Section 1 Enticing away a person under 16 for marriage - Massachusetts Attorney Resources - Massachusetts Laws

Does this mean that the OP's challenge has been met and he will now stop lying about liberals? :confused:

Does this mean that the OP's challenge has been met and he will now stop lying about liberals? :confused:

Oh I highly doubt it, but then again let's not get carried away...liberals are frequently full of shit too. ;)

I agree with that.

But the bottom line is that the OP's challenge has been met.

What a bizarre op. Turn on the news. Pubs are lining up to try to take birth control away from American women.

No where has the president said "free". It would be as it has always been - coverec by insurance WITH a co-pay.

You are just admitting this is an election year stunt because Obama can't run on his record.
Really?

What about ...

Obama Administration’s Achievements (Thus Far) » Obama's Achievements Center

And, what about ...

What the heck has Obama done so far?

Go ahead. Post links to the pub's accomplishments. No one else has been able to do it. maybe you can??

LOL

Forum List

Back