Name the Republicans who have ever banned birth contrtol

This has noting to do with the GOP wanting to deny or outlaw contraception. The only thing the GOP is doing is pointing out that Obama is making an unconstitutional reach. If you were unaware of this, I could have one of my cabin boys swing by the island and pick you up.

Oh, I'm aware of the issue. I'm aware that the GOP has come down on the side of denying birth control coverage to Americans in an election year.

ob460.jpg

Really? Do tell who birth control has been denied to? I wait with baited breath. Any one individual that you can identify who is denied birth control by a Republican politician during this election year, I promise to send them a rubber in your honor to make sure they have the birth control they desire.

Last edited:
This has noting to do with the GOP wanting to deny or outlaw contraception. The only thing the GOP is doing is pointing out that Obama is making an unconstitutional reach. If you were unaware of this, I could have one of my cabin boys swing by the island and pick you up.

Oh, I'm aware of the issue. I'm aware that the GOP has come down on the side of denying birth control coverage to Americans in an election year.

ob460.jpg

Really? Do tell who birth control has been denied to? I wait with baited breath. Any one individual that you can identify who is denied birth control by a politician, I promise to send them a rubber in your honor to make sure they have the birth control they desire.

The personhood amendments will do just that by, counter to medical opinion, labeling IUDs as abortifacients.

Again, hanging the debate on "it's never happened before!" is lame. Nothing happens until it does.

Really? Do tell who birth control has been denied to? I wait with baited breath. Any one individual that you can identify who is denied birth control by a Republican politician during this election year, I promise to send them a rubber in your honor to make sure they have the birth control they desire.

I'm not saying anyone has been denied. I'm saying that the GOP is fighting to allow coverage of birth control to be denied to Americans.

And I'm laughing my ass off at watching it explode in their faces.....

obama-laughing1.jpg

I'm not saying anyone has been denied. I'm saying that the GOP is fighting to allow coverage of birth control to be denied to Americans.

obama-laughing1.jpg

Yeah. Ironic that all these pro life initiatives magically pop up in an election year.

You glossed over this part, "Intrauterine devices—Intrauterine contraceptive devices (IUDs) are inserted into the uterus, where they stay from one to 10 years. An IUD prevents the fertilized egg from implanting in the lining of the uterus, and may have other effects as well."

Tell me, was the egg fertilized or prevented from being fertilized?

You said the IUD does not prevent pregnancy. Your own link says the IUD does prevent pregnancy.

You both can't be right.

Abortion "PREVENTS" pregnancy......after the fact...just like a bullet to the head does or an IUD. It all depends on how you define prevents doesn't it. For you, there is no distinction between taking a pill that stops ovulation or a rubber that prevents sperm from travelling and a doctor using a blade to scrape a uterus clean.

Abortion does not prevent pregnancy. Abortion terminates a pregnancy that has already begun.

Who is pregnant when sperm fertilizes eggs in a laboratory?

obama-laughing1.jpg

You mean the MEAN OLE GOP IS DENYING FREEBEES.

Costs are out of control we must mandate more freebees.

obama-laughing1.jpg

They are for denying the coverage of birth control in an employees health care benefits package, something that people receive as part of their compensation for working and something they quite often pay into themselves.

They've really effed themselves on this one.

OBAMA-LAUGHING-TEMPLATE.jpg

obama-laughing1.jpg

It's not a "freebie". Health insurance is a form of compensation between worker and employer.

When it comes to the IUD issue, it's a whole separate matter.

ob460.jpg

Really? Do tell who birth control has been denied to? I wait with baited breath. Any one individual that you can identify who is denied birth control by a politician, I promise to send them a rubber in your honor to make sure they have the birth control they desire.

The personhood amendments will do just that by, counter to medical opinion, labeling IUDs as abortifacients.

Again, hanging the debate on "it's never happened before!" is lame. Nothing happens until it does.

So are you under the impression that abortion and IUD's are the only form of birth control available. If so, I'll swing by and pick you up and introduce you to some machines hanging on the truck stop restroom wall. Birth control is cheap and readily availabe to anyone who wants it. Liberals can try to stir up a "controversy" that conservatives are trying to deny birth control to women in the hopes it will obfuscate Obama's dismal record in an election year, but thank God most people are too intelligent to fall for it.

obama-laughing1.jpg

Yes, that is why many conservatives and liberals were outraged over Obama trying to dictate to church owned organizations that they had to provide services to people that go against their beliefs that Obama had to backpedal and change his tune. There was an explosion alright, but it was in the opposite direction than you claim. The facts are the facts and you are coming up short in that department. Whateva you smokin', give me a hit.

obama-laughing1.jpg

It's not a "freebie". Health insurance is a form of compensation between worker and employer.

When it comes to the IUD issue, it's a whole separate matter.

I get two statements every year from my employer, one is my salary, one is my salary plus all of the other compensation I receive including the amount my employer contributes to my healthcare coverage. The second number is what I am really being paid for the work I do.

You said the IUD does not prevent pregnancy. Your own link says the IUD does prevent pregnancy.

You both can't be right.

Abortion "PREVENTS" pregnancy......after the fact...just like a bullet to the head does or an IUD. It all depends on how you define prevents doesn't it. For you, there is no distinction between taking a pill that stops ovulation or a rubber that prevents sperm from travelling and a doctor using a blade to scrape a uterus clean.

Abortion does not prevent pregnancy. Abortion terminates a pregnancy that has already begun.

Who is pregnant when sperm fertilizes eggs in a laboratory?

Without objection, I think we can all agree that no one is pregnant in the above situation.:lol:

Interestingly, the MS personhood law would make disposing of those fertilized eggs the killing of persons.

One, kcw is wrong on IUDs. Can't defend his argument at all.

Two, GOP has often been anti-contraception. So have some dems in the past.

Three, the admin's attempt to corral the Catholic hospitals and charities on these issues crossed the constitutional line and was forced to back off.

Four, the GOP should have made hay out of it all politically, but the far right went and pissed in it by trying to say things that weren't true.

Like TPS.

I want the GOP to win this year. The far right is making it more unlikely every day that will happen.

obama-laughing1.jpg

Yes, that is why many conservatives and liberals were outraged over Obama trying to dictate to church owned organizations that they had to provide services to people that go against their beliefs that Obama had to backpedal and change his tune. There was an explosion alright, but it was in the opposite direction than you claim. The facts are the facts and you are coming up short in that department. Whateva you smokin', give me a hit.

It's pretty simple.

The "Church owned" organizations can give back tax payer funds..and stop employing people.

One, kcw is wrong on IUDs. Can't defend his argument at all.

Two, GOP has often been anti-contraception. So have some dems in the past.

Three, the admin's attempt to corral the Catholic hospitals and charities on these issues crossed the constitutional line and was forced to back off.

Four, the GOP should have made hay out of it all politically, but the far right went and pissed in it by trying to say things that weren't true.

Like TPS.

I want the GOP to win this year. The far right is making it more unlikely every day that will happen.

Unlikely? :lol:

Impossible.

obama-laughing1.jpg

Yes, facts like Obama's rising numbers and widening lead over the GOP candidates is a clear sign that the explosion over the GOP coming out for allowing the denial of birth control coverage to Americans was in the opposite direction.

:lmao:

Obama-Twitter-Town-Hall-Laughing-600x325.jpg

Still no liberals will answer this.

Why? BECAUSE IT COMPLETELY SHUTS DOWN THEIR LYING MEME ABOUT REPUBLICANS AND BIRTH CONTROL.

This is all they have. They can't give us reasons to vote for Obama.

Face it libs. Thanks to me, YOU JUST LOST THE ARGUMENT!

I will hit you with this question every time you try another spamming Bullshit about Republicans and birth control.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I already addressed this in another thread but very well.

1873 President Ulysses S. Grant (Republican) signed the Comstock Act of 1873 which prohibited contraception, information about contraception, or information about how to obtain contraception from being sent in the United Sates mail or crossing state lines. The law was pushed by Anthony Comstock (Republican) and passed the 43rd United States Congress with little opposition. Both houses of Congress were dominated by Republicans with a 69.9% share of the Senate and a 63.4% share of the House. Approximately 4,000 people faced criminal charges as a result.

Connecticut Governor Charles B. Andrews (Republican) signed into law a complete ban on all contraceptive drugs and devices including a ban on their use by married couples and in regards to private or personal possession, sale, or ownership in 1879. While I can't find information on the party demographics of the Connecticut General Assembly in 1879, the state was a strongly Republican until the 1960s so it's likely that the Republicans held the majority. The law was ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court in 1965 (Griswold v. Connecticut).

Birth control for non-married couples was not established until 1975 Baird v. Eisenstadt; a Supreme Court decision which broadened the scope of the Griswold decision and was in regard to a Massachusetts law banning contraception ("Crimes against chastity" (Chapter 272, sections 19- 21A). Whether the crimes against chastity laws were sponsored by Republicans is unknown, but as with Connecticut, Massachusetts was a strong Republican state until FDR and one could reasonably conclude that the laws were passed before then.

USC Law School

Comstock Act (1873) - eNotes.com

Comstock laws - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

43rd United States Congress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Birth Control - A Brief History of Birth Control - Our Bodies Ourselves

General Laws of Massachusetts - Chapter 272 Crimes Against Chastity, Morality, Decency and Good Order. - Section 1 Enticing away a person under 16 for marriage - Massachusetts Attorney Resources - Massachusetts Laws

Does this mean that the OP's challenge has been met and he will now stop lying about liberals? :confused:

Forum List

Back