Name something you LIKE about each currently living president.

While some of their policy ideas may be misguided all five of them seem to genuinely want what's best for the country. All five of them also seem approachable as human beings. The type of people you could imagine sitting down with and having a normal conversation. You may not agree with them all the time, but all of them seem like decent human beings.
I'd say that's very true of all five. I'd also say that's what seems to be missing this election.

I see Trump as being approachable at least, whereas I would't step within twenty feet of Clinton unless I had business with her. As far as genuinely wanting what's best for the country, I think both current candidates are in it for themselves.

Just out of curiosity, how do we know Obama is a good father?

That's veering into loaded question territory, but Malia is a pretty good kid all told. Sasha is too. I was also impressed by Obama's decision that he'll be staying in D.C. until Malia finishes school. Normally Presidents can't leave D.C. fast enough once their term is done.

I'd see Chelsea as pretty solid proof that the Clinton's were decent parents. She's turned out to be a good egg. George W. Bush's daughters had a few wild moments but turned out pretty well too.

Carter: Decent human being
Bush 41: Desert Storm
Clinton: Great economy
Bush 43: Solid leadership immediately after 9-11
Obama: Rescued the economy

That's veering into loaded question territory, but Malia is a pretty good kid all told. Sasha is too. I was also impressed by Obama's decision that he'll be staying in D.C. until Malia finishes school. Normally Presidents can't leave D.C. fast enough once their term is done.

I'd see Chelsea as pretty solid proof that the Clinton's were decent parents. She's turned out to be a good egg. George W. Bush's daughters had a few wild moments but turned out pretty well too.

Of the presidential kids:
Reagan kids were a mess
Amy Carter was a bit of a flake
Bush 41 kids....whatever happened to George and Jeb?
Chelsea Clinton, decent kid who does a lot for charity
Bush twins...were a bit wild but have turned into beautiful young ladies
Obama girls...beautiful young ladies to be proud of

How do we know anyone is a good father? Other than the apparent health and well being of their children.

By all accounts President Obama has been a good father- he hasn't cheated on his wife, divorced his wife or wives, and has been a presence in their lives. The kids look like they are thriving.

Why would someone be proud of the auto industry bailout? That cost us billions of dollars and we STILL ended up losing thousands of jobs.

Why?

Because we still have an auto industry and we still have thousands of auto worker jobs. I know that pisses you off, but it is a fact.

Did President Obama save the auto industry?
It cost us 11 billion dollars. The US tax payers.
We bailed them out twice. Obama did it because they were about to go under AGAIN because of poor management.
Who in the hell invests in failure?

Why would someone be proud of the auto industry bailout? That cost us billions of dollars and we STILL ended up losing thousands of jobs.

Why?

Because we still have an auto industry and we still have thousands of auto worker jobs. I know that pisses you off, but it is a fact.

We bailed them out twice. Obama did it because they were about to go under AGAIN because of poor management.

If the auto industry had gone under you would be blaming Obama for letting it go under.

Why?

If the auto industry had gone under you would be blaming Obama for letting it go under.
quit being such a partisan.
I wouldn't support the tax payers bailing out ANY Company. SO why would I blame a politician for their own failure?

Obama : A good father
Bush Jr: A caring persona
Clinton: A roaring economy
Bush Sr: Honorable military service
Carter: Habitat for Humanity

Refrain from trash talk IF you're capable
none of them, they have zero redeeming qualities - a trait a common to career politicians... Lol

obama: a learned man
bush jr: he is the ex
clinton. great economy but he did start the 'free speech zones'
bush sr. an honorable man
carter all his social work and his bravery in facing cancer

Obama- Auto industry rescue
Bush Jr.- both his work with AIDs in Africa and his response after 9/11 telling Americans not to blame Muslim Americans- his finest moment.
Clinton- absolutely the economy- I agree.
Bush Sr.- Creating the coalition to drive Iraq out of Kuwait
Carter- the Camp David Accords
Bush started the so-called auto "rescue" nonsense... It should've never been done. It's been utter failure. Clinton's was just a bubble, and a child molester/rapist. Bush Junior wasted money on foreign countries in the form of so called "aid"... it was not.
Bush Senior was a piece of shit - one world government bullshit - read my lips bullshit "no new taxes" - fuck that asshole.
Carter enemy of the state, fuck that creepy cretin...

Bush Jr.- both his work with AIDs in Africa and his response after 9/11 telling Americans not to blame Muslim Americans- his finest moment.
Bush started the so-called auto "rescue" nonsense... It should've never been done. It's been utter failure. Clinton's was just a bubble, and a child molester/rapist. Bush Junior wasted money on foreign countries in the form of so called "aid"... it was not.
Bush Senior was a piece of shit - one world government bullshit - read my lips bullshit "no new taxes" - fuck that asshole.
And those were the things you liked about them?

And those were the things you liked about them?
No, I corrected...
Like I said many times the career politician is the lowest of lifeforms

Obama : He's leaving office soon
Bush Jr: Leadership during 911
Clinton: I got nothing
Bush Sr: Naval aviator war hero
Carter: Trained engineer that served in US Navy

Carter: may be one of if not the best human being to hold the office. his work with habitat for humanity, his work towards eliminating diseases such as the horrible guinea worm, his work safeguarding democracy - and the man still teaches sunday school
George H.W. Bush: I was young when he was president, and he hasn't really been in the spotlight since - but I will say that it was always clear how much he loves his wife.
Clinton: despite all his flaws he found a way to make people work together. we could use more of that today.
George W. Bush: Not gonna lie, coming up with something for him isn't easy for me. But if nothing else, he is a very personable man, and he did seem to genuinely care about the lives he put in jeopardy.
Obama: I like his policies, so this is easy. But if I were to put it down to something it's that he isn't afraid to have the tough conversations that would be more easily - and perhaps politically beneficial - to gloss over.

LOL- it is fascinating to watch the pathology of the haters here- who let hatred consume their lives- and dominate their vision.

Thanks Gramps for the thread.

It is eye opening.

Obama : Made me appreciate Carter
Bush Jr: saving millions of lives in Africa
Clinton: Provided a plethora of funny jokes
Carter: Allowed me to just finish bottling the IPA I made without the Feds kicking down my door.

Forum List

Back