Name Something In Your Home No One Else on USMB has......

1812 Handmade Rocking Chair...I do not know the value, it is a very well made/hand scrolled/designed chair.
reason I know it is 1812 - it is written on by a man who made it for his wife and he dated it Aug 9th, 1812

1812 Handmade Rocking Chair...I do not know the value, it is a very well made/hand scrolled/designed chair.
reason I know it is 1812 - it is written on by a man who made it for his wife and he dated it Aug 9th, 1812
Hello Antiques Roadshow!

Hello Antiques Roadshow!

Yeah I have thought about that. We bought in at an antique store for I think $400 when we had our first baby in 1990.
It is legitimate, there is not a nail or screw in it. It has some kind of hand made metal fasteners...they look like a miniature orange slice...a metal wedge. The guy who made it was definitely a furniture maker..very well made with hand scroll work that is really neat.
On the bottom of the chair it says... "To my wife Ethel, Aug. 9th, 1812, Eddie Lutes"

Hello Antiques Roadshow!

Yeah I have thought about that. We bought in at an antique store for I think $400 when we had our first baby in 1990.
It is legitimate, there is not a nail or screw in it. It has some kind of hand made metal fasteners...they look like a miniature orange slice...a metal wedge. The guy who made it was definitely a furniture maker..very well made with hand scroll work that is really neat.
On the bottom of the chair it says... "To my wife Ethel, Aug. 9th, 1812, Eddie Lutes"
It is amazing what people were capable of without the modern tools we now enjoy. I love that kind of stuff. Although I always have desire to tear it apart to see how the hell they did that!

A stuffed bear signed by hockey player Peter Bondra

Everybody stop, that double harpsichord beats ya all hands down. I have hand painted Emmet Kelly the clown painting on velvet my mother made, that's it. But it means a lot to me.
It's funny the things that become precious to us. For me it's a hand drawn crayon picture of Tweety Bird sent to me in college by my baby sister. She wrote Tweety underneath but forgot the second "T" so it said Tweey(she was almost 5). It was a massive hit in the dorms and brings a smile to my face almost 40 years later.

image.jpeg

Forum List

Back