NAFTA deal is done between U.S. and Canada...Canada to cede large part of dairy to U.S.

Its a better deal for the US than the original NAFTA
Terms of Service Violation

That remains to be seen. The tweaks will likely not have much impact at all. The 16 and hour minimum for 40% of "the car" will not likely bring jobs back to the US because the 16 is still well below what we are paying people to build cars in this country.

The 3.5% of the dairy market adds up to about a half a billion in extra dairy sales for the US, if we take advantage of the whole 3.5% of the market.

All in all, this is what is known as "much ado about nothing".

Man y’all liberals won’t say one good thing about Trump no matter what, do y’all not see the extreme hate for anything he does, this new deal might not be earth shattering but dam it is somewhat better for Americans than nafta was. Grow up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First, you are more liberal than I am.

Second, list the actual ways this will be better for Americans, not opinion but lay out the facts of how this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Keeping yet another campaign pledge the Trump administration ditched NAFTA for a better deal for American farmers and workers. Canadian liberal Prime Minister Trudeau backed down. He is now Trumps bitch. Lol.:laughing0301:
US and Canada reach deal on NAFTA - CNNPolitics

Actually the US Senate said they wouldn't do a deal without Canada.

And now Canada is in the deal and it will fly through the Senate

Keeping yet another campaign pledge the Trump administration ditched NAFTA for a better deal for American farmers and workers. Canadian liberal Prime Minister Trudeau backed down. He is now Trumps bitch. Lol.:laughing0301:

Uhhh...dumb shit...NAFTA is not gone. NAFTA has been tweaked slighty and will have zero impact on most of the things that Trump whined about.

A new coat of paint and a new name on the same old agreement.

For all of his blustering and all of his fake "art of the deal", NAFTA is 95% the same as it was before he started all this shit.
The Hate America First Club President is Awake Early!

Funny, me the guy that spent 20 years of his life defending this country hates it, but you who never gave the country a second of service does not.

You are full of shit little one. Licking Trump’s ass does not prove you love America

Uhhh...dumb shit...NAFTA is not gone. NAFTA has been tweaked slighty and will have zero impact on most of the things that Trump whined about.

For all of his blustering and all of his fake "art of the deal", NAFTA is 95% the same as it was before he started all this shit.

Funny, me the guy that spent 20 years of his life defending this country hates it, but you who never gave the country a second of service does not.

You are full of shit little one. Licking Trump’s ass does not prove you love America

That’s what you keep telling me big guy! Cannot be verified. I go by what you type here and only that!

Canada gave up nothing on timber/lumber and we get access to a whole 3.5% of their dairy market! :21::21::21:
I'm disappointed we got nothing on timber/lumber. That has been a big problem up here. But the tariffs are going to hurt the fishermen badly, too, and they aren't on the subsidy list. Trump doesn't care about Maine.

The problem is that Canada has lumber, fishing and farming industries as well. Trade deals are a give and take. Canada needs to protect their jobs as well. We dominate in some areas and give in others. We already have a sizeable surplus over all.

That’s what you keep telling me big guy! Cannot be verified. I go by what you type here and only that!

I have verified it on this forum 10 times least.

Do try and keep up. But I can understand with your head that far up Trump’s ass it is hard to know what is going on around you.

"Late last night, our deadline, we reached a wonderful new Trade Deal with Canada, to be added into the deal already reached with Mexico. The new name will be The United States Mexico Canada Agreement, or USMCA. It is a great deal for all three countries, solves the many deficiencies and mistakes in NAFTA, greatly opens markets to our Farmers and Manufacturers, reduces Trade Barriers to the U.S. and will bring all three Great Nations together in competition with the rest of the world. The USMCA is a historic transaction!" - President Trump

"Late last night, our deadline, we reached a wonderful new Trade Deal with Canada, to be added into the deal already reached with Mexico. The new name will be The United States Mexico Canada Agreement, or USMCA. It is a great deal for all three countries, solves the many deficiencies and mistakes in NAFTA, greatly opens markets to our Farmers and Manufacturers, reduces Trade Barriers to the U.S. and will bring all three Great Nations together in competition with the rest of the world. The USMCA is a historic transaction!" - President Trump

So.....a rebranding of the same agreement.

I find it absolutely amazing that Trump supporters applaud his every move that raises their own cost of living.
It’s like God saying kill your wives and Republicans rushing home to kill their wives screaming in ecstasy yes yes.
It doesn’t matter what he says they insist it’s fantastic.

Worse they say this incredibly stupid thing like you believed Obama was the Messiah.

They are always telling us what we believe. And it’s always so ridiculous.

But look what Republicans believe. It’s astounding.

Trump is going to give a speech in the Rose garden this morning about what a wonderful new deal this is. Within two days I bet they pick out at least 15 lies.

BIG WIN FOR TRUMP AND AMERICA!!! TARIFFS WORK UNDER TRUMP'S KNOWLEDGE!!!!

BREAKING - Top US Source says "deal is done" re #NAFTA. Joint statement from @USTradeRep & Canada's Freeland expected soon.

I'm told #NAFTA deal was reached around 9:30pm tonight. Canada giving a larger % of its dairy market to US products in exchange for cultural protection & some form of dispute resolution process (formerly Ch 19).

(Excerpt) Read more at twitter.com ...
I don't have the time, but it would be fun to time a village people song -- YMCA -- to the USMCA...to a video.

Its fun to trade at the US - M - C - A, it's fun to trade at the US - M - C - A.......

BREAKING - Top US Source says "deal is done" re #NAFTA. Joint statement from @USTradeRep & Canada's Freeland expected soon.

I'm told #NAFTA deal was reached around 9:30pm tonight. Canada giving a larger % of its dairy market to US products in exchange for cultural protection & some form of dispute resolution process (formerly Ch 19).

3.5% of their dairy market is a “large portion”??

I can’t see this creating lots of jobs in dairy...

No?

I see Gator, and soon the Democrat organizations milking this for whatever they can get.

It's not supposed to, it's to open up Canada trade market to U.S. products....that's why the word TRADE is in the title of the bill.

U.S., Canada and Mexico just reached a sweeping new NAFTA deal. Here’s what’s in it.

On Sunday night, President Trump got his wish for a significantly revised North American trade deal. After more than a year of intense negotiations, the United States, Canada and Mexico reached an agreement to update the North American Free Trade Agreement, the 1994 pact that governs more than $1.2 trillion worth of trade among the three nations.

The new deal won’t go into effect right away. Most of the key provisions don’t start until 2020 because leaders from the three countries have to sign it and then Congress and the legislatures in Canada and Mexico have to approve it, a process that is expected to take months.

Here’s a rundown of what’s in the “new NAFTA.”

New name: Goodbye NAFTA. The new deal will be known as the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement or “USMCA.” Trump, who had long disdained NAFTA, had suggested he might call it the “USMC,” in honor of the U.S. Marine Corps, but in the end, USMCA won out.

Big changes for cars. The goal of the new deal is to have more cars and truck parts made in North America. Starting in 2020, to qualify for zero tariffs, a car or truck must have 75 percent of its components manufactured in Canada, Mexico or the United States, a substantial boost from the current 62.5 percent requirement.

There’s also a new rule that a significant percentage of the work done on the car must be completed by workers earning at least $16 an hour, or about three times what the typical Mexican autoworker currently makes. Starting in 2020, cars and trucks should have at least 30 percent of the work on the vehicle done by worker earning $16 an hour. That gradually moves up to 40 percent for cars by 2023.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonpost.com ...

I’m wondering how Canada is going to retain its supply management system (government run farming) if the market opens up to American dairy. This should be interesting.

Forum List

Back