Canada’s dairy industry is stumbling block to NAFTA deal, not Trump or Mexico: top U.S. trade offici

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
My advice to Mr. Trump, apply the auto tariffs, get a few hundreds thousand high paying manufacturing jobs back securing the Rust Belt an probably the mid-terms, and, you will have a NAFTA deal in a couple of weeks, or, better yet, a quick withdrawal from NAFTA and bilateral deal offers within hours.

I will in turn feel vindicated.

Canada’s dairy industry is stumbling block to NAFTA deal, not Trump or Mexico: top U.S. trade official

A top U.S. trade official says Canada is the stumbling block to a speedy NAFTA agreement, accusing this country of being “dug in” over protections for the dairy industry even as a deal with Mexico appears close.

Canadians should not blame President Donald Trump for their trade woes but allow more open competition with the U.S. in the milk-products market, said Ted McKinney, the undersecretary of agriculture for trade.

”I tell our Canadian friends, ‘Do not lay frustrations with NAFTA at the feet of our president,’” McKinney said at a farm conference in Michigan this week.

“You … decided to dump dried milk powder on the world market at half to two-thirds of world price … Not fair. Not fair,” he said. “It is actually surprising that our friends in Canada are exhibiting this behaviour.”

Forum List

Back