Naderheads: "Our Goal"

nakedemperor

Aug 5, 2004
NYC
Nader spokesman Kevin Zeese, a few days ago: "Our goal has always been the same: To remove George Bush from office."

GAAHHH!! :wtf: :cuckoo: :alco:

I strongly advocate that any libs on here vote for Nader. He is the obvious candidate of the honest lib. John Kerry's multiple sellouts to corporations and willingness to go along with bush's fascism should make him undesirable in the mind of any lib.

Nader/Camejo '04

rtwngAvngr said:
I strongly advocate that any libs on here vote for Nader. He is the obvious candidate of the honest lib. John Kerry's multiple sellouts to corporations and willingness to go along with bush's fascism should make him undesirable in the mind of any lib.

Nader/Camejo '04

Something ive never understood. if libs were so concerned about Nader taking the vote, and they dont like Kerry, why not just give their vote to Nader instead. I mean if everyone who voted for Kerry voted for Nader maybe they would have a chance but i still doubt it.

nakedemperor said:
Nader spokesman Kevin Zeese, a few days ago: "Our goal has always been the same: To remove George Bush from office."

GAAHHH!! :wtf: :cuckoo: :alco:

Nihilism - disbelief in objective truth: the belief that there is no objective basis for truth.

The objective truth is that a vote for Nader is mostly likely a vote for Bush. Precisely the person that Naderists would least like to see in the White House.

This may be very important in Florida, as it was in 2000.

onedomino said:
Nihilism - disbelief in objective truth: the belief that there is no objective basis for truth.

The objective truth is that a vote for Nader is mostly likely a vote for Bush. Precisely the person that Naderists would least like to see in the White House.

This may be very important in Florida, as it was in 2000.

Its a logistical fact that if Nader hadn't been on the Florida ballot in 2000 we wouldn't have had to suffer through 4 years of Bush.

Bush won by 500+ votes. Nader got 90,000 votes in the state. ~70% of Nader voters would have voter for Gore had Nader not been on the ballot.

That's wha makes this statement so freakin' bizarre to me. Nader used to be a great public advocate and an upstanding figure. But now that he's accetepted logistical and financial help from his ideological antithesis, he's completely lost all credibility in my book. Its not longer about his cause, its about Ralph Nader.

Its a logistical fact that if Nader hadn't been on the Florida ballot in 2000 we wouldn't have had to suffer through 4 years of Bush.

If Gore would have won his home state he would have been Pres. That says something when your home state doenst support you.

nakedemperor said:

Bush won by 500+ votes. Nader got 90,000 votes in the state. ~70% of Nader voters would have voter for Gore had Nader not been on the ballot.

That's wha makes this statement so freakin' bizarre to me. Nader used to be a great public advocate and an upstanding figure. But now that he's accetepted logistical and financial help from his ideological antithesis, he's completely lost all credibility in my book. Its not longer about his cause, its about Ralph Nader.

True. There's enough of that 90,000 that would have voted for Gore to give him the win. But while you're thinking about Nader and his whopping 5%, think about this.

If Ross Perot hadn't run in 1992 there's enough of his 19% that would have voted for George H.W. Bush that Bush would have won a second term. With that, we wouldn't have had Bubba for two terms, at best Hilary might be a little known senator from Arkansas, people still wouldn't know John Kerry from Bob Kerrey, and we could conceivably be wrapping up the second term of President Dole. I'll also add that it was his father's loss in 1992 that spurred George W. Bush to want to run for President. Without that loss, George W. Bush might still be in baseball.

Jimmyeatworld said:
True. There's enough of that 90,000 that would have voted for Gore to give him the win. But while you're thinking about Nader and his whopping 5%, think about this.

If Ross Perot hadn't run in 1992 there's enough of his 19% that would have voted for George H.W. Bush that Bush would have won a second term. With that, we wouldn't have had Bubba for two terms, at best Hilary might be a little known senator from Arkansas, people still wouldn't know John Kerry from Bob Kerrey, and we could conceivably be wrapping up the second term of President Dole. I'll also add that it was his father's loss in 1992 that spurred George W. Bush to want to run for President. Without that loss, George W. Bush might still be in baseball.

Well yeah. Obviously there are a ton of woulda/coulda/shouldas, but I was talking about Nader re: his spokesman's bewildering comment about keeping Bush out of office.

nakedemperor said:
Well yeah. Obviously there are a ton of woulda/coulda/shouldas, but I was talking about Nader re: his spokesman's bewildering comment about keeping Bush out of office.

Yeah, I saw the original post, and I think Naders spokesman is delusional. I'm sure they would like to think they have a chance to win, but only being on the ballot in something like 30 states should be enough to write him off. Not that he would stand a chance of winning if he were on all ballots.

nakedemperor said:

LOL - you lefties were not at all unhappy when Perot was siphoning votes from Bush Sr.

Nader used to be a lib icon and darling of the "we know better" crowd. But now that Nader may be competing with your guy, you see him in a different light.

Looking for sympathy? It's in the dictionary somewhere between sex and syphilis

I have not paid much attention to him, since he is not on many state ballots, which is B.S. I thought that more choice was a good thing, that it strengthened a democracy.
What is his all about?

Jimmyeatworld said:

Actually Dole probably wouldnt have been on the ticket. Dan Quayle probably would have been considering he would have been the incumbent Vice President.

White knight said:
I have not paid much attention to him, since he is not on many state ballots, which is B.S. I thought that more choice was a good thing, that it strengthened a democracy.
What is his all about?

Simple---Money !

Forum List

Back