Why is NewYork So Damn Liberal?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by World Logic, Oct 30, 2004.

1. World Logic

World Logic Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I take a look at the polls and notice that Kerry has a 20 point lead in New York?
    John Kerry? A Senator of BOSTON?
    They beat the Yankees in an embarassing 4 game sweep,you get back at them by putting a Bosox fan in the White house...What a bunch of weenies.
    :cuckoo:

2. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Big city types are very faddish, wanting to keep up with the joneses. Liberalism was a fad in this country, like the miniskirt, or beatle Boots. They're kind of groupthinky and concerned about keeping up appearances, so they just want to follow the herd to be cool.

3. Trinity

Trinity VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +79
    I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock into any of these polls, considering everyone I have talked to has never been asked to participate in any type of election poll and I'll bet I've asked over 100 people. I think these are pick and choose polls.

4. eric

eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Simple answer, minority concentration !!

5. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,165
    See im having a hard time believing NY is really that liberal. I mean who has the most to worry about terror? Iowa or New York? Does anyone really think that Kerry will be good at fighting terror? I think the nation will be in for a surprise tuesday.

6. World Logic

World Logic Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I think New York should be even more outraged at Boston

On September 11, 2001 at 8:45 a.m., American Airlines Flight 11, out of Boston's Logan International Airport, crashed into the north tower of the World Trade Center in New York.
    Eighteen minutes later, United Airlines Flight 175, also out of Logan, crashed into the south tower.

So it baffles me why they would even consider Kerry.
    Thats the type of security Kerry has to offer, like at Logan airport
    Kerry + 270 = We are all doomed

7. eric

eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Avatar, the numbers are a little misleading. They would seem to imply that the entire state is liberal, which is totally false. It is NYC that houses most of the liberal population, and since NYC has such a large population, it gives a false impression. I live on Long Island, and can tell you first hand that many towns are very conservative.

8. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +491
    Sorry, have to disagree with you. New York is very liberal. The problem is that most of the population of New York is concentrated in New York City which is very liberal. Upstate New York is somewhat conservative, but it can't get its way, since NYC outnumbers us. It's like living with an 800 pound gorilla.

The reason Her Royal Highness, the Queen of the Left, Hillary (carpetbagger) Clinton won the Senatorial race was because of New York City.

We have the highest taxes in the country for a reason, liberalism. We have one of the most generours welfare programs in the country, because of liberalism. The upstate has been in a depression for about 15 years, because liberal economic policies, overregulation have chased jobs out of the State (and of course, our population has gone down).

I wonder if we could convince California to let us borrow Arnold after they're done with him? :)

9. nakedemperor

nakedemperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    Ehhh..not really buying this logic.. I think you should believe New York is really that liberal and consider the ramifications of NY being vastly behind Kerry considering 9/11 happened in NYC.

10. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    This sounds just like the Seattle metro area which is extremely liberal compared to the rest of the state. Liberalism and high taxes have run business out of WA (Boeing for example) and liberals here complain about Bush not providing jobs when it is their own damn fault.

This year however we have some good contenders for a Senate seat and the governorship. It is an uphill battle but sane Republicans are going to take back this state someday just like I hope NY does.