Liberals ruin the Halloween parade...

fuzzykitten99

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2004
You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
I decided to take my son and go to our local annual Halloween parade. I love going every year. People come from all over to watch, and have fun with costumes, and hot cider, bbq's, and it's great. Anoka is the Halloween Capitol of the world :tng: so this time of year is a lot of fun. Plus I wanted to get away from the politics, and just watch the parade.

I get down to Main St., and as I am waiting to turn, a group of people get off a charter bus...and guess what they were wearing...Kerry/Edwards and Patty Wetterling shirts and stickers. :puke:

I figured that these people were going to be in the parade, so I didn't think much of it. This is well before the parade was to start, so I went into my favorite espresso bar, and got something to drink for me and cocoa for my son.

I sit in there for a while, and then ventured out to the sidewalk. I am HOUNDED by the left-wingnut outsiders (none of these people were local) asking me to vote for Kerry, Wetterling, etc. I got REALLY pissed and went off on them. I told them I came out of the house in 40deg weather to enjoy the parade, and have fun with my son, as this was his first Halloween parade, and that this is not a political rally. They are using the parade event for their own political gain, which I thought was sad, pathetic, and i was considering voting for Kerry (Ok, I lied here :dev2: ) now they personally just lost my vote, and I would be voting for Bush, because of THEIR actions today! They were speechless at that point.

But it wasn't over yet.

I went over to one of the stands to get a hotdog for my son, and guess who's working the line of people? Patty Wetterling. :puke:

for those not from MN, you may or may not know who she is. She is famous here because in 1987(i think), her son was kidnapped at gunpoint. It's the most well known kidnapping in this state. (I don't know why--there are abductions every day, yet they don't get the publicity that this one did) They still haven't found him. That started a whole crusade for Patty. She has no office experience, not even as city council for her local town. She has made millions exploiting the unfortunate abduction of her son. No one would know her name if it wasn't for that event. The reason they nominated her was they didn't have anyone else to run for the democrats. Everyone knows who she is, and they figure they can run on her name, because she has no real government experience.

I was hoping to be out of line before she got to me, but no luck. She came to me, commented on my son being cute, etc. She asked if I supported her, I looked her right in the eye, and said "HELL NO! I don't support people who exploit their child's memory for their own monetary AND political gain. It's a sad thing that your son was abducted, but they only picked you to run for office because of your name. I also can't support someone who believes in partial-birth abortion."

I wanted to say her son would be ashamed of what she had become, but that would have been a bit cruel and uncalled for. SO I just left her standing there, speechless.

Once the Parade started, things were better.

Good for you! Actually, it sounds like they TRIED to ruin the day for you, and got themselves a hell of a surprise!

Excuse the off topic post folks...

Fuzzy...sorry I never got back to ya on where the wife went to school...
I asked her to spell it out for me and finally convinced her to just type it...Hehehehehe
Here it is, in her own words as they say.........

I attended Franklin Elementary School for a short time and then Champlin Elementary School and Jackson Jr. High. We moved before I started high school but my older brother and sister attended Anoka Senior High. I remember marching in the Halloween parade every year in our costumes. Do they still have the Pumpkin Bowl football game? Do they still have the manhole cover downtown that says "Halloween Capital of The World"? When I lived in the area there was Ben Franklin Dime Store, Diedricks Dept. store with toys in the basement, the creamery where they sold ice cream cones. I bet its very different now.
PS..I shoulda know that being from The "Halloween Capital" she was a WITCH!:rotflmao:

Good on Ya Fuzzy, feels good doesn't it!

Reminds me of the time I turned my back on Clinton at the '96 Army-Navy game in Philly. Bubba was three or four rows behind me (he had a "buffer" of empty seats around him and I was in the first occupied row outside the "buffer" directly in front of him). He was doing the political presidential waving to everyone. I turned around to see where he was. He then asked me how I was doing, I gave him an eat shit look, shook my head and turned around. I got a few questions from a secret service agent as I went to get a hot dog shortly thereafter (I am sure as a result of my disdainful disrespect for the criminal). When I showed the agent my military ID he said, “carry on soldier and enjoy the game” and gave me wink. For some reason, I don’t think the agent liked working that detail.

Mr. P said:
Excuse the off topic post folks...

Fuzzy...sorry I never got back to ya on where the wife went to school...
I asked her to spell it out for me and finally convinced her to just type it...Hehehehehe
Here it is, in her own words as they say.........

PS..I shoulda know that being from The "Halloween Capital" she was a WITCH!:rotflmao:

that's ok. i understand.

yes, they still have the pumpkin bowl, the manhole cover is still there, ben franklin went out of biz about 10 years ago, i have never heard of diedricks, and there is a soda fountain on 2nd ave., but i don't know if that's the one she is talking about. i moved here about 10 years ago, but my grandma and grandpa lived here 24 years, so i know the area pretty well.

what's really funny is the event is usually covered by the major news stations here like KARE and KMSP. They covered it today, and they said about 98% of the Kerry idiots there today were NOT from this area. They bussed in from somewhere in Minneapolis, and West metro. Then they said Wetterling got yelled at by the commissioners AND our Mayor because there was a 'no campaigning' rule this year! I didn't even know that! No wonder the libbies settled down and put their signs away after about an hour. She apparently didn't leave, but stayed to watch the parade because 'that's what she was there to do' as well as greet the people. Yeah sure, and I'm Jack Sparrow. What a loser.

Bush is SO gonna win here.
If we can elect a Republican Governor, as well as Senator, after being liberal year after year, Bush has a good shot of being voted in here.

Last time I got hounded that bad by the liberals, I turned around and said, "I already voted...for Bush, and if you don't leave me alone, I'm going to chop off your nuts, dump salt in the wound, sell your soul to Halliburton, and sell your firstborn child to a drug company. Then I'll use the profit to buy the least fuel efficient vehicle I can find and use it to pull down your house on top of some endangered species, and if I haven't offended you enough yet to make you leave, I'm just going to show my second ammendment rights to your face."

I couldn't figure out how to fit Iraq into it, or I would have.

It's even worse than when a NORML guy wanted me to sign a petition. I was with two friends. The first said, "I'm just visiting from Texas. I can't vote in Arkansas," which was true. The second friend said, "Convicted felon," which was also true (sidebar: He didn't do it. It was a case of a manufactured story that brainwashed the supposed victim into believing it was true, and the 'victim' was a very sympathetic creature. This guy wouldn't harm a fly without provocation.). The guy was looking pretty down when he eyed me with his last remaining hope. I returned the gaze and said, "I'm a Republican," and left.

Liberals will screw up anything.

Give a liberal an anvil an he'll bring back steel wool in under thirty minutes.

Forum List

Back