Nader: Impeach Obama for War Crimes.

No.

This is a legitimate use of force.

But I am wondering if Darrell Issa is drawing up impeachment papers as we speak.:lol:

This is a criminal use of force. The Constitution authorizes military for the defense of the United States, and this isn't it. Congress has no basis to declare war for that reason either. There is no Constitutional authority for our involvement in this no matter how you slice it.

You basically just described every military action after WWII and quite a few before it.
"If the Nuremberg laws were applied, then every post-war American president would have been hanged.

"By violation of the Nuremberg laws I mean the same kind of crimes for which people were hanged in Nuremberg.

"And Nuremberg means Nuremberg and Tokyo. So first of all you've got to think back as to what people were hanged for at Nuremberg and Tokyo."

Chomsky agrees.

You wanna see some real dishonesty & hypocrisy coming from the Lefty loons on this Board? Wait til their Hero Michael Mooron comes out and criticizes the Hopey Changey One on this. Heads will explode fo sho. They'll turn on him almost as fast as they've turned on ole Ralph Nader. The Left/Democrats are completely clueless at this point. Cheerleading for bombing & killing Libyans? What a bunch of shallow hypocrites.

No.

This is a legitimate use of force.

But I am wondering if Darrell Issa is drawing up impeachment papers as we speak.:lol:

This is a criminal use of force. The Constitution authorizes military for the defense of the United States, and this isn't it. Congress has no basis to declare war for that reason either. There is no Constitutional authority for our involvement in this no matter how you slice it.

I love how a mental midget like you is a constitutional expert! Art 1 Sec 8 Cl 11 gives Congress the Power to Declare War and back during the Bush Administration right after 9/11 they gave the President the authority to take military action in Afghanistan! We were attacked by Afghanistan, you remember that little thing called 9/11!

Art 3 Sectio 2 Cl 1 - "The President shall be Commander in Chief Military and Navy of the United States and of the Militias of the United States..."

It is widely know by any constitutional scholar that the Commander in Chief has extremely BROAD discretionary powers!
We weren't attacked by Afghanistan.
We were attacked by Al Qa'ida who planned some of the attack in Afghanistan.
Some of the attack was planned in Florida.
If they're on the table, I say we wait 'till late August and start carpet bombing in Gainesville.
See if that slows these guys down a litttle (or just makes them mad)

I love how a mental midget like you is a constitutional expert! Art 1 Sec 8 Cl 11 gives Congress the Power to Declare War and back during the Bush Administration right after 9/11 they gave the President the authority to take military action in Afghanistan! We were attacked by Afghanistan, you remember that little thing called 9/11!

Art 3 Sectio 2 Cl 1 - "The President shall be Commander in Chief Military and Navy of the United States and of the Militias of the United States..."

It is widely know by any constitutional scholar that the Commander in Chief has extremely BROAD discretionary powers!
We weren't attacked by Afghanistan.
We were attacked by Al Qa'ida who planned some of the attack in Afghanistan.
Some of the attack was planned in Florida.
If they're on the table, I say we wait 'till late August and start carpet bombing in Gainesville.
See if that slows these guys down a litttle (or just makes them mad)

Hey as long as you go after The Gators and leave the 'Noles alone, I suspect half the state will be cheering you on. ;)

Immie

I don't agree with Nader on much but i understand where he's coming from on this. This Libyan War especially,is unjustified & wrong. Not to defend the Iraq War,but at least with Saddam Hussein you had a guy who brutally gassed his people and invaded other Nations. Libya is in the midst of a Civil War. That's an internal conflict. Gaddafi hasn't ever invaded any Nations in the region. These bombings are just wrong. Can't go with Nader on the War Crimes thing though. That's a stretch at best.
"Former presidential candidate Ralph Nader says President Obama should be impeached for committing 'war crimes' in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"The consumer advocate and former presidential candidate said in an interview that aired Friday that Obama has committed 'war crimes' on the same level as President Bush."

Noam Chomsky makes a pretty convincing case that every US president since the end of WWII could be convicted of war crimes under Nuremberg Laws.

I'm still thinking that Ralph v Ron Paul (Libertarian) for the 2012 White House would mobilize millions of voters who will likely stay home if it's Obama v Generic Republican.

Goldman Sachs is certainly getting its moneys worth from Obama.

you're more ignorant than i even thought you were.

ron paul and ralph nader are both unelectable idiots... though they do share a hatred for israel.

maybe that's why you love them both so much.

You did not answer the question:
Are you arguing that The Obama, The Constitutional Professor, is wrong about the Constitution?

If you're -so- right, why are you -so- cowardly?

I already answered you. You were ignorant and insulting. I think that pretty much ended any possibility at actual discussion.

so i figure that puts me ahead of the game. and i'm pretty sure i'm the only person here who's admitted to practice before the supreme court.

i had no idea... then, if you have argued before the u.s. supreme court, you are by all means accomplished, and entitled to utmost respect in my mind, and i stand in awe. apologies.

Last edited:
Claiming that "innocents are being slaughtered" in Afghanistan and beyond, former presidential candidate Ralph Nader called for impeaching President Obama for committing war crimes.

"Why don't we say what's on the minds of many legal experts; that the Obama administration is committing war crimes and if Bush should have been impeached, Obama should be impeached,.."

The Hill...

Oh, please. Who in the hell cares what Ralph Nader thinks???
Noam Chomsky?

Along with at least 2,000,000 more Americans who voted for him in 2000.

The phony Left/Democrats will be turning on ole Kucinich pretty soon too. He's been out there criticizing the Hopey Changey One on this as well. You'll be seeing them ripping him on this Board any minute now. Never ever trust Leftists. "Anti-War Leftists" are a myth. There are very few real Anti-War people out there. They don't hate War. They just hate Republicans/Conservatives. A 'D' is in there doing the bombing now so everything is just fine. Now if an 'R' was in there right now? Well you know what you would be hearing from these frauds. That 'Impeachment' word would be flying. Kudos to Kucinich & Nader. At least they're honest & brave.

Do you ever say anything that isn't made up, poor lunaticnow?

1. if dems loved nader, he'd have been nominated by dems for the presidency. he wasn't.

2. if dems loved kucinich, he'd have gotten the dem nomination. he didn't.

Demotivator__Epic_Fail.jpg

Yea i think we get it. A 'D' is doing the bombing & killing so everything is just fine. It really isn't any more complicated than that. It is very sad though.

Claiming that "innocents are being slaughtered" in Afghanistan and beyond, former presidential candidate Ralph Nader called for impeaching President Obama for committing war crimes.

"Why don't we say what's on the minds of many legal experts; that the Obama administration is committing war crimes and if Bush should have been impeached, Obama should be impeached,.."

The Hill...

Noam Chomsky?

which begs the question "who cares what noam chomsky thinks".

i'm pretty sure that the people who stupidly tossed their protest vote to nader realize they helped saddle us with baby bush. you have to be a moron to do that.

oh right... you are.

oh... and pssssst... nader got 668,000 votes in 2008... about a third of what he got in 2,000 since most people have caught on that he's a nutbar.

Last edited:
Noam Chomsky?

i'm pretty sure that the people who stupidly tossed their protest vote to nader realize they helped saddle us with baby bush. you have to be a moron to do that.

oh right... you are.

seems obama is follwing in baby bush's footsteps....

illegal wars...war crimes....spending like a drunken sailor....

Just saw that idiot Spitzer on CNN claiming these bombings are 'Humanitarian." Oh yea,bombing & killing people is real "Humanitarian." I wonder if that idiot would be saying that if an 'R' was in the White House right now? What you think?

Noam Chomsky?

oh right... you are.

oh... and pssssst... nader got 668,000 votes in 2008... about a third of what he got in 2,000 since most people have caught on that he's a nutbar.
I thought lawyers never asked a question they didn't know the answer to.

"Who cares what Noam Chomsky thinks?"

As many as those who care what Chaucer, Plato, Freud, Marx and Shakespeare and Cicero thought. Noam's regarded as the 8th most widely quoted author of all time.

Obviously he's not high on your reading list because he expects Israel and the US to conform to the same moral standards they preach incessantly to the rest of humanity.

btw, baby bush's baby brother saddled us with Dubya...along with all the Democratic morons who couldn't tell tweedledum from tweedledee.

Would you be one of those...

Noam Chomsky?

oh right... you are.

They are both reading from the same Wall Street script.

It hasn't changed much in over 5000 years.
Socialize the cost through war and usurious interest rates.
Privatize the profit for 1% - 10% of the total population.

This CAN'T change if you limit your "choice" at the polls to Democrat OR Republican as both parties depend on the richest 1% of voters to fund their campaigns.

I don't agree with Nader on much but i understand where he's coming from on this. This Libyan War especially,is unjustified & wrong. Not to defend the Iraq War,but at least with Saddam Hussein you had a guy who brutally gassed his people and invaded other Nations. Libya is in the midst of a Civil War. That's an internal conflict. Gaddafi hasn't ever invaded any Nations in the region. These bombings are just wrong. Can't go with Nader on the War Crimes thing though. That's a stretch at best.

How about those soldiers killed by Ghadafi in a bombing in Europe?
And his support and training for many a terrorist operation in and out of Libya including the downing of passenger aircraft.
All over north Libya there are dozens of terrorist camps training right now.
Kill them all and let Allah sort them out.
I do agree that Gates and his urging for caution is always the best remedy at first but Bush, and I was no supporter of how he conducted the Iraq war, was right about what would happen to the region if Iraq fell.
Hit them hard with air strikes and watch us almost bow out other than air support. Huge amounts of weapons are being transported intoLibya now for these rebels, many on the Egyptian border. Take out C&C, AAA, air bases, transport support and HQ and the field will be about even. 5th SFG out of Ft. Campbel Ky. are already all over north Libya. You will not hear that anywhere but they are there. Let the Libyans then fight it out in their own civil war. Ghadafi will fall eventually and go to somecountry with 2 billion in cash. What they have after that is no worse than him anyway and the remains will be less of a threat to the region. The Saudis and Egypt will be happy and oil will go to under $80 a barrell for a few years anyway.
That is what matters anyway sports fans. Reality is a bitch. If we would quit filling the fucking Hummers up and dos omething about our energy habit none of this would matter much anyway.
Here's another possibility:

"Largest Military Undertaking since the Invasion of Iraq

"A military operation of this size and magnitude, involving the active participation of several NATO member and partner countries is never improvised.

"Operation Odyssey Dawn was in the advanced stages of military planning prior to the protest movement in Egypt and Tunisia.

"Public opinion was led to believe that the protest movement had spread spontaneously from Tunisia and Egypt to Libya.

"The armed insurgency in Eastern Libya is directly supported by foreign powers. Rebel forces in Benghazi immediately hoisted the red, black and green banner with the crescent and star: the flag of the monarchy of King Idris, which symbolized the rule of the former colonial powers. (See Manlio Dinucci, Libya-When historical memory is erased, Global Research, February 28, 2011)

"The insurrection was also planned and coordinated with the timing of the military operation. It had been carefully planned months ahead of the protest movement, as part of a covert operation.

"US, British special forces were reported to be on the ground 'helping the opposition' right from the outset..."

There's a difference of opinion on the Left about that flag raised by the rebels.

Gilbert Achcar holds this view:

"This flag is not used as a symbol of the monarchy, but as the flag that the Libyan state adopted after it won independence from Italy.

"It is used by the uprising in order to reject the Green Flag imposed by Gaddafi along with his Green Book, when he was aping Mao Zedong and his Little Red Book. In no way does the tricolor flag indicate nostalgia for the monarchy.

"In the most common interpretation, it symbolizes the three historic regions of Libya, and the crescent and star are the same symbols you see on the flags of the Algerian, Tunisian and Turkish republics, not symbols of monarchism."

And I care about what Nader says because...?
Glad you asked.

"In 1999, an NYU panel of eminent journalists ranked Nader's book Unsafe At Any Speed 38th among the top 100 pieces of journalism of the 20th century.[88] In 1990, Life magazine named Nader one of the 100 most influential Americans of the 20th century.[89]

"The same year, Ralph Nader was inducted into the Academy of Achievement, which writes that 'Ralph Nader is American's most renowned and effective crusader for the rights of consumers and the general public.'

"Quoting Nader in interview, 'A good citizen is not just a person who votes all the time. A good citizen works between elections to take on an injustice, or participate in a local, state, or national institutions.' [90]

"Former judge, libertarian, legal analyst and author of Lies the Government Told You Andrew Napolitano hails Ralph Nader as 'a hero'".[91]"

you're more ignorant than i even thought you were.

ron paul and ralph nader are both unelectable idiots... though they do share a hatred for israel.

maybe that's why you love them both so much.

You did not answer the question:
Are you arguing that The Obama, The Constitutional Professor, is wrong about the Constitution?

If you're -so- right, why are you -so- cowardly?

I already answered you.
No, you avoided me, as per the norm.
Nothing in your post constituted an honest attempt at a response.
Of course, having to admit that The Obama, your secular messiah, is wrong would take honesty and courage, traits you have yet to display, so your failure to respond was expected.

You do know that He won't actually see your response, and that you can say He's wrong and still be a groupie - right?

You were ignorant and insulting.
Apparently these words mean something different to people who lie about their education and credentials, such as yourself - all I did was ask you a question and then call you on your lie.

I think that pretty much ended any possibility at actual discussion.
Well, no, that's made impossible by your lack of capacity to do so.

Last edited:
Noam Chomsky?

oh right... you are.

I'd ask the liberals and Democrats how that Hope and Change is working for them, but few, if any will respoond.

I do applaud those that -are- unhappy with Bush^2 and are willing to admit it.

:clap2:

Forum List

Back