Nader: Impeach Obama for War Crimes.

Is Obama a war criminal?

No.

This is a legitimate use of force.

But I am wondering if Darrell Issa is drawing up impeachment papers as we speak.:lol:

This is a criminal use of force. The Constitution authorizes military for the defense of the United States, and this isn't it. Congress has no basis to declare war for that reason either. There is no Constitutional authority for our involvement in this no matter how you slice it.

I love how a mental midget like you is a constitutional expert! Art 1 Sec 8 Cl 11 gives Congress the Power to Declare War and back during the Bush Administration right after 9/11 they gave the President the authority to take military action in Afghanistan! We were attacked by Afghanistan, you remember that little thing called 9/11!

Art 3 Sectio 2 Cl 1 - "The President shall be Commander in Chief Military and Navy of the United States and of the Militias of the United States..."

It is widely know by any constitutional scholar that the Commander in Chief has extremely BROAD discretionary powers!

No.

But I am wondering if Darrell Issa is drawing up impeachment papers as we speak.:lol:

This is a criminal use of force. The Constitution authorizes military for the defense of the United States, and this isn't it. Congress has no basis to declare war for that reason either. There is no Constitutional authority for our involvement in this no matter how you slice it.

You basically just described every military action after WWII and quite a few before it.

Well said. So you either support unconsititutional use of force or you don't. I'm glad I'm on the don't side.

You basically just described every military action after WWII and quite a few before it.

Well said. So you either support unconsititutional use of force or you don't. I'm glad I'm on the don't side.

There is a difference between the declaration of war and a Commander in Chiefs discretion in authorizing the use of Military Force.

Of course, now that Obama is president, the right wants to remove the discretion that every other President has had

I don't agree with Nader on much but i understand where he's coming from on this. This Libyan War especially,is unjustified & wrong. Not to defend the Iraq War,but at least with Saddam Hussein you had a guy who brutally gassed his people and invaded other Nations. Libya is in the midst of a Civil War. That's an internal conflict. Gaddafi hasn't ever invaded any Nations in the region. These bombings are just wrong. Can't go with Nader on the War Crimes thing though. That's a stretch at best.

Claiming that "innocents are being slaughtered" in Afghanistan and beyond, former presidential candidate Ralph Nader called for impeaching President Obama for committing war crimes.

"Why don't we say what's on the minds of many legal experts; that the Obama administration is committing war crimes and if Bush should have been impeached, Obama should be impeached,.."

The Hill...

Oh, please. Who in the hell cares what Ralph Nader thinks???

So much for the delusion that Nadar is a DEMCORATIC tool, eh?

Are you kidding? Biden is instigating this for Nader. It is the only way in hell (barring the death of the President that is) that Biden will ever succeed Obama to the Presidency.

Okay... I'll move myself to eot's dominion. I wonder if his has any spare tinfoil hats? :lol:

Immie

Last edited:
I don't agree with Nader on much but i understand where he's coming from on this. This Libyan War especially,is unjustified & wrong. Not to defend the Iraq War,but at least with Saddam Hussein you had a guy who brutally gassed his people and invaded other Nations. Libya is in the midst of a Civil War. That's an internal conflict. Gaddafi hasn't ever invaded any Nations in the region. These bombings are just wrong. Can't go with Nader on the War Crimes thing though. That's a stretch at best.

How about those soldiers killed by Ghadafi in a bombing in Europe?
And his support and training for many a terrorist operation in and out of Libya including the downing of passenger aircraft.
All over north Libya there are dozens of terrorist camps training right now.
Kill them all and let Allah sort them out.
I do agree that Gates and his urging for caution is always the best remedy at first but Bush, and I was no supporter of how he conducted the Iraq war, was right about what would happen to the region if Iraq fell.
Hit them hard with air strikes and watch us almost bow out other than air support. Huge amounts of weapons are being transported intoLibya now for these rebels, many on the Egyptian border. Take out C&C, AAA, air bases, transport support and HQ and the field will be about even. 5th SFG out of Ft. Campbel Ky. are already all over north Libya. You will not hear that anywhere but they are there. Let the Libyans then fight it out in their own civil war. Ghadafi will fall eventually and go to somecountry with 2 billion in cash. What they have after that is no worse than him anyway and the remains will be less of a threat to the region. The Saudis and Egypt will be happy and oil will go to under $80 a barrell for a few years anyway.
That is what matters anyway sports fans. Reality is a bitch. If we would quit filling the fucking Hummers up and dos omething about our energy habit none of this would matter much anyway.

Claiming that "innocents are being slaughtered" in Afghanistan and beyond, former presidential candidate Ralph Nader called for impeaching President Obama for committing war crimes.

"Why don't we say what's on the minds of many legal experts; that the Obama administration is committing war crimes and if Bush should have been impeached, Obama should be impeached,.."

The Hill...

Oh, please. Who in the hell cares what Ralph Nader thinks???

you beat me to it. i, personally, couldn't care less what that megalomanic thinks.

Nader's done alot of good. Many of the consumer protections we now enjoy are due to Nader. That said he's as loony as Ron Paul.

Good point, anyone who's anti-war in 2011 will now and forever in the future be deemed as loony.

To be a mainstream politician in america today you have to be pro-war, as well as to be a mainstream voter.

Pro-war is something to aim for now? :cuckoo:

No.

Red Herring.
That doesn't make the current action any less criminal.

Red Herring.
That doesn't make the current action any less criminal.

Legal and Constitutional precedent does

What's Obama' exit strategy?
What's the time-line for cessation of hostilities?
What constitutes victory?

Is Obama a war criminal?

No.

May I suggest a course in Constitutional law?

or perhaps this book might help?

66468985.JPG

The Complete Idiot's Guide to the US Constitution, Complete Idiot's Guide Series, Timothy Harper, (9781592576272) Paperback - Barnes & Noble

Impeachment for "War Crimes" is a stretch but these bombings are wrong. I mean Saddam Hussein was gassing his people and invading Nations. I'm not defending the Iraq Wars but i can see some kind of argument there. This Libyan War is a Civil War. It's an internal conflict. Our Government shouldn't have anything to do with it. Gaddafi has never invaded other Nations either. So this latest Intervention is definitely wrong but it's not an Impeachable offense.

Last edited:
No.

May I suggest a course in Constitutional law?
According to the guy who, we are SO often told, used to be a professor of Constitutional law:
The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation.

As Commander-in-Chief, the President does have a duty to protect and defend the United States. In instances of self-defense, the President would be within his constitutional authority to act before advising Congress or seeking its consent.
-The Obama
Obama on presidential war-making powers - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

or perhaps this book might help?
It appears it would help --you-- quite a lot.

Forum List

Back