Nader: Impeach Obama for War Crimes.

my billable hours say otherwise.

and i really truly and without equivocation couldn't care less what subliterate rightwingnuts think.

i'm funny that way. :thup:

you are funny sometimes and i'm guessing your billables aren't related to interpreting the constitution. LOL unless your the invisible 10th member of the supremes. don't feel badly, i'm not sure obama knows the constitution that well.

Obama the Global Military Expansionist (His Words) | Young Americans for Liberty

well, i don't spend my time obsessing about the "constitution" like the rightwingnuts. but i also haven't forgotten my studies. And I certainly understand constitutional construction and resent, heavily, the rightwinnut loons' diminishing the document by trying to interpret it in some self-serving manner not based on any of our 200 years of caselaw.

so i figure that puts me ahead of the game. and i'm pretty sure i'm the only person here who's admitted to practice before the supreme court.

so i don't know, does getting paid to oppose petitions for certiorari count?

i'm pretty sure it does.
You did not answer the question:
Are you arguing that The Obama, The Constitutional Professor, is wrong about the Constitution?

No.

This is a legitimate use of force.

But I am wondering if Darrell Issa is drawing up impeachment papers as we speak.:lol:

This is a criminal use of force. The Constitution authorizes military for the defense of the United States, and this isn't it. Congress has no basis to declare war for that reason either. There is no Constitutional authority for our involvement in this no matter how you slice it.

You basically just described every military action after WWII and quite a few before it.

Agreed

my billable hours say otherwise.

and i really truly and without equivocation couldn't care less what subliterate rightwingnuts think.

i'm funny that way. :thup:

you are funny sometimes and i'm guessing your billables aren't related to interpreting the constitution. LOL unless your the invisible 10th member of the supremes. don't feel badly, i'm not sure obama knows the constitution that well.

Obama the Global Military Expansionist (His Words) | Young Americans for Liberty

well, i don't spend my time obsessing about the "constitution" like the rightwingnuts. but i also haven't forgotten my studies. And I certainly understand constitutional construction and resent, heavily, the rightwinnut loons' diminishing the document by trying to interpret it in some self-serving manner not based on any of our 200 years of caselaw.

so i figure that puts me ahead of the game. and i'm pretty sure i'm the only person here who's admitted to practice before the supreme court.

so i don't know, does getting paid to oppose petitions for certiorari count?

i'm pretty sure it does.

hey sweets........not for nothing but you can never say you're "ahead of the game" when your political perspective is beyond fringe. The constitution doesnt matter to the hyper-progressives........people realized that, thus, the sea of red this past election cycle.:boobies::fu::boobies::fu::boobies::fu:

gotta love it, and something useful from the corvair guy, good job trotsky

Even though my political agreement with him is pretty close to zero, Nader is one of the few liberals I respect. Liberals will say not to trust politicians, then worship Democrats. They will say politicians are the same, then mindlessly incant liberal talking points and challenge them on nothing, even when they don't do what they said. But Nader has been one who actually says Democrats are the same as Republicans and he actually doesn't support them for that reason. The same path I followed leaving the Republican party when I realized they really weren't different. The parties are tweedle dum and tweedle dee with the only difference being one lies to the Left and the other lies to the Right. But in the end, the same.
And for millions of voters across the US with established third party candidates already appearing on their ballots BOTH Republican AND Democratic incumbents could be FLUSHED by the hundreds from DC in November of 2012.

Political leap of faith?

You bet.

Keep "choosing" between Republican OR Democrat and the American Republic vanishes from the page of time.

I love how a mental midget like you is a constitutional expert!
You're a very gifted and eloquent writer. You must have attended a fine liberal arts college.

Art 1 Sec 8 Cl 11 gives Congress the Power to Declare War and back during the Bush Administration right after 9/11 they gave the President the authority to take military action in Afghanistan! We were attacked by Afghanistan, you remember that little thing called 9/11!

Art 3 Sectio 2 Cl 1 - "The President shall be Commander in Chief Military and Navy of the United States and of the Militias of the United States..."
Well, someone as knowledgable as you must be aware that having a title doesn't authorize what you and here is what the Constitution says on the use of the military. AND BTW it's a power of Congress:

"To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions"

Attacking al Qaeda was I agree one of the few Constitutional uses of the military in the past decades, but toppling the Taliban and invading the country wasn't.

It is widely know by any constitutional scholar that the Commander in Chief has extremely BROAD discretionary powers!
That we've ignored the Constitution isn't justification for continuing to do so

Nader's done alot of good. Many of the consumer protections we now enjoy are due to Nader. That said he's as loony as Ron Paul.
Is Obama a war criminal?

No.

This is a legitimate use of force.

But I am wondering if Darrell Issa is drawing up impeachment papers as we speak.:lol:
Is Bush Jr a war criminal?
How about Poppy?
Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter??

Noam Chomsky believes ALL US presidents qualify as war criminals.

Do you?

Last edited:
It is widely know by any constitutional scholar that the Commander in Chief has extremely BROAD discretionary powers!
That we've ignored the Constitution isn't justification for continuing to do so
The obvious comment here, the one that young Jillian is avoiding, is that GHook's statement holds true - so long as the CinC has a (D) next to his name.

The discussion here should not center on the powers of the CinC, but of The Obama, His statement regarding thr Constitutional limitations of the CinC, His actions that clearly ignore His statement, and His groupies giving Him a pass on it.

You basically just described every military action after WWII and quite a few before it.

Well said. So you either support unconsititutional use of force or you don't. I'm glad I'm on the don't side.

There is a difference between the declaration of war and a Commander in Chiefs discretion in authorizing the use of Military Force.

Of course, now that Obama is president, the right wants to remove the discretion that every other President has had
Not ALL of them, RW; I certainly do not, and that is precisely the point I have been arguing all day, (to the apparent displeasure of BOTH sides here)

gotta love it, and something useful from the corvair guy, good job trotsky

Even though my political agreement with him is pretty close to zero, Nader is one of the few liberals I respect. Liberals will say not to trust politicians, then worship Democrats. They will say politicians are the same, then mindlessly incant liberal talking points and challenge them on nothing, even when they don't do what they said. But Nader has been one who actually says Democrats are the same as Republicans and he actually doesn't support them for that reason. The same path I followed leaving the Republican party when I realized they really weren't different. The parties are tweedle dum and tweedle dee with the only difference being one lies to the Left and the other lies to the Right. But in the end, the same.
And for millions of voters across the US with established third party candidates already appearing on their ballots BOTH Republican AND Democratic incumbents could be FLUSHED by the hundreds from DC in November of 2012.

Political leap of faith?

You bet.

Keep "choosing" between Republican OR Democrat and the American Republic vanishes from the page of time.

The problem with two parties is that the easier path to power is to tear the other one down more then they tear you down. So they both "scare" their voters for this point exactly, don't vote for me and you get "them." You can't risk that. It's only when you realize they are pointing in a mirror you realize....you can....

You listen to Chumsky, Jimmy Carter and now Nader, LOL is there any discredited moron you don't listen to. And you wonder why people view you as a joke on this board! :cuckoo:

Claiming that "innocents are being slaughtered" in Afghanistan and beyond, former presidential candidate Ralph Nader called for impeaching President Obama for committing war crimes.

"Why don't we say what's on the minds of many legal experts; that the Obama administration is committing war crimes and if Bush should have been impeached, Obama should be impeached,.."

The Hill...
I already know killing women and children is something your god (and Moses) told you to do. (as long as it's not Jews, of course)

The rest of us might want to read a little about collective punishment before deciding if any US presidents deserve a long stay in supermax:

"Article 33. No protected person may be punished for an offense he or she has not personally committed.

"Collective penalties and likewise all measures of intimidation or of terrorism are prohibited.

"Pillage is prohibited.

"Reprisals against protected persons and their property are prohibited.

"Under the 1949 Geneva Conventions collective punishments are a war crime."

So much for the delusion that Nadar is a DEMCORATIC tool, eh?
I'm still thinking that Ralph v Ron Paul (Libertarian) for the 2012 White House would mobilize millions of voters who will likely stay home if it's Obama v Generic Republican.

LOL, because the Greens and the Libertarians do SSSSOOO well in elections. They will fight for 1/10 of a percent! Have fun with that!
How likely is it the 30% to 40% of eligible voters who don't see enough difference between Republican AND Democrat to bother voting in most presidential elections will show up to vote AGAINST both wings of Wall Street's DC enablers?

FLUSH 100 Dems and Reps from the House and Change & Hope turn into Obama's worst nightmare.

gotta love it, and something useful from the corvair guy, good job trotsky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTP7mK6nShM
If Ralph has proven anything over the last half-century, it is that he is NOT for sale to the highest bidder.

Because he has nothing to sell! Nadar is like you, a big pile of shit and smell like well shit. Why would anyone want to invest in a pile of shit!
Ralph's Wiki

"Ralph Nader (pronounced /ˈneɪdər/; born February 27, 1934)[2][3] is a Lebanese American attorney, author, lecturer, political activist, and four-time candidate for President of the United States, having run as a Green Party candidate in 1996 and 2000, and as an independent candidate in 2004 and 2008."

Yours?

Maybe you should stick to defending shit who kill children for target practice.

I'm still thinking that Ralph v Ron Paul (Libertarian) for the 2012 White House would mobilize millions of voters who will likely stay home if it's Obama v Generic Republican.

Goldman Sachs is certainly getting its moneys worth from Obama.

you're more ignorant than i even thought you were.

ron paul and ralph nader are both unelectable idiots... though they do share a hatred for israel.

maybe that's why you love them both so much.

I love watching Lefty nutters on this board attacking Nader. It's pretty hilarious considering he's one of them. These same Lefty nutters quote him and praise him whenever they think it's convenient. So i'm just gonna sit back and enjoy their dishonesty & hypocrisy on this one. It really is good fun. :)

Goldman Sachs is certainly getting its moneys worth from Obama.

you're more ignorant than i even thought you were.

ron paul and ralph nader are both unelectable idiots... though they do share a hatred for israel.

maybe that's why you love them both so much.

You did not answer the question:
Are you arguing that The Obama, The Constitutional Professor, is wrong about the Constitution?

If you're -so- right, why are you -so- cowardly?

Gotta love Nader..

The man who gave us George Bush while fighting on a Green Party Platform
Nader didn't give us the lying BushWacker, the Extreme Court did.
People smart enough to vote for Nader would not be stupid enough to vote for Gore if Nader was not on the ballot.

It was the few pitiful votes that Nader drew in Florida that turned the state to Bush. Without Nader, there would have been no need for the Supreme Court
If Al Gore's brother had been governor of Florida in 2000, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation:

"Here's how to estimate the effect of spoilage on the election outcome.

"For fun, let's take Florida 2000. We know from comparison of census tracts to precincts that 54% of the 179,855 ballots 'spoiled' were cast by African-American voters, that is, 97,000 of the total.

'Every poll put the Black vote in Florida for Al Gore at over 90%.

"Reasonably assuming 'spoiled' ballots matched the typical racial preferences, Gore lost more than 87,000 votes in the spoilage pile. Less than 10% of the African-American population voted for Mr. Bush, i.e. Bush lost no more than 10,000 votes to spoilage. The net effect: Gore had a plurality of at least 77,000 within the uncounted ballots cast by Black citizens."

Greg Palast...

LOL, because the Greens and the Libertarians do SSSSOOO well in elections. They will fight for 1/10 of a percent! Have fun with that!

I thought doing something because others do it was something grown ups weren't supposed to do?

Voting on principles, a lost art in america.
If Americans would simply vote in their own economic self interest, only 1% - 10% of voters would cast their ballots for Democrat OR Republican.

Both major parties are wholly owned subsidiaries of Wall Street.

Huey Long saw that in the 1930s when he compared DC to a restaurant that served only one dish. There were Republican waiters along one wall and Democrat waiters lining the opposite, but whichever party delivered your order, "all the grub came from Wall Street's kitchen."

Things haven't gotten any better lately, nor will they until US voters start FLUSHING Republicans AND Democrats from office.

Nader didn't give us the lying BushWacker, the Extreme Court did.
People smart enough to vote for Nader would not be stupid enough to vote for Gore if Nader was not on the ballot.

It was the few pitiful votes that Nader drew in Florida that turned the state to Bush. Without Nader, there would have been no need for the Supreme Court
If Al Gore's brother had been governor of Florida in 2000, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation:

"Here's how to estimate the effect of spoilage on the election outcome.

"For fun, let's take Florida 2000. We know from comparison of census tracts to precincts that 54% of the 179,855 ballots 'spoiled' were cast by African-American voters, that is, 97,000 of the total.

'Every poll put the Black vote in Florida for Al Gore at over 90%.

"Reasonably assuming 'spoiled' ballots matched the typical racial preferences, Gore lost more than 87,000 votes in the spoilage pile. Less than 10% of the African-American population voted for Mr. Bush, i.e. Bush lost no more than 10,000 votes to spoilage. The net effect: Gore had a plurality of at least 77,000 within the uncounted ballots cast by Black citizens."

Greg Palast...

INdeed..........imagine where this country would be now??

By the way.........anybody seen Al Gore? It was cold as shit acorss the US this winter and of course, that fraud always goes into hiding until the first heat wave hits!!:lol:

"Spoilage pile"..........WTF..........who the fcukk every heard of it? Eleven years later, the nut balls are still obsessed with that election............

Anyway......wasnt this a thread about "war crimes"?

Forum List

Back