NAACP announces Its "Unconditional Support" for Cali's Marijuana legalization

You know what you never read about? Stoned Man Hospitalizes Wife in Domestic Dispute
You know what you never read about? "Stoned Man Invents Something".

That's pretty funny. :lol:

Yes it should be legalized. Because after Prohibition ended no one ever came to work drunk or drove while intoxicated. If we legalize dope I'm certain no one will go to work stoned or drive while stoned.

Way to kick the snot out of that strawman you just propped up. :thup:

Face it dopers, there isn't enough support to legalize it so just enjoy it in states that decriminalize it.

But you know what? Every year the pot legalization movement takes another step forward. They are gaining ground in the debate, not losing it.

I applaud this :clap2: . This is how our country works, if you don't like a law get enough people to change it. Our prisons are overrun with nonviolent offenders some of the most inteligent people I've met were behind bars for marijuana offences.

You know what drives me crazy is the dishonesty of these reports about people who are in jail "for simple marijuana possession", it just isn't true. A;pt of them were arrested for some other crime and happened to have pot on them at the time of t heir arrest. A high percentage of these simple possession arrests also are people who were caught with enough weight to be charged with dealing but plea bargained down to simple possession. People once again lying to help bolster their cause...........

I applaud this :clap2: . This is how our country works, if you don't like a law get enough people to change it. Our prisons are overrun with nonviolent offenders some of the most inteligent people I've met were behind bars for marijuana offences.

You know some dumb ass people then.

You know what drives me crazy is the dishonesty of these reports about people who are in jail "for simple marijuana possession", it just isn't true. A;pt of them were arrested for some other crime and happened to have pot on them at the time of t heir arrest. A high percentage of these simple possession arrests also are people who were caught with enough weight to be charged with dealing but plea bargained down to simple possession. People once again lying to help bolster their cause...........

Then you don't know Oklahoma laws Conhog. We have some of the strictest laws in the country for simply possesing marijuana. I work with many prisons in this State and have met some people who were caught dealing and as I said they are some pretty smart people... Just not smart enough not to get caught. Instead of ruining these peoples lives by making them felons we would have done better for them if we had more drug treatment programs.

Then you don't know Oklahoma laws Conhog. We have some of the strictest laws in the country for simply possesing marijuana. I work with many prisons in this State and have met some people who were caught dealing and as I said they are some pretty smart people... Just not smart enough not to get caught. Instead of ruining these peoples lives by making them felons we would have done better for them if we had more drug treatment programs.

Oklahoma, first offense simple possession is a misdemeanor, not a felony, if you're caught a SECOND time, you are one of the biggest idiots known to man.

http://norml.org/pdf_files/state_penalties/NORML_OK_State_Penalties.pdf

Oklahoma, first offense simple possession is a misdemeanor, not a felony, if you're caught a SECOND time, you are one of the biggest idiots known to man.

Either way, they are non-violent criminals and I would not want to use my tax dollars to keep them in prison

Either way, they are non-violent criminals and I would not want to use my tax dollars to keep them in prison

Why not? A guy caught for his second DUI isn't necessarily a violent offender either, but he deserves to be in jail.

And that doesn't address the fact that the guy lied. His specific claim was that he knew a lot of first time possession felons in Oklahoma.

Just as I believe a state should have the right to legalize MJ if they wish, I also believe a state should have the right to throw people in jail for possession if they wish.

But t his notion that the prisons of this country are over flowing with people who did nothing except get caught for their first offense of simple possession is a joke. Anyone with common sense knows that, arguing differently weakens the argument.

exactly the republiklansman like conhog are a dying breed. Educated people no longer believe the reefer madness bs. I don't need some proud narc preaching to me about the 800,000 jailed annually for pot possession. child please

exactly the republiklansman like conhog are a dying breed. Educated people no longer believe the reefer madness bs. I don't need some proud narc preaching to me about the 800,000 jailed annually for pot possession. child please

That's funny, you calling me uneducated. Anyone who reads our respective posts can EASILY tell which of us is the more articulate.

Oh, and I'm not a Republican, I know I've told you that at least 200 times, but I realize your drug addled mind has a hard time remembering things.

Seriously, people on here cringe when they see that your on their "side" in a debate.

Why not? A guy caught for his second DUI isn't necessarily a violent offender either, but he deserves to be in jail.

And that doesn't address the fact that the guy lied. His specific claim was that he knew a lot of first time possession felons in Oklahoma.
Just as I believe a state should have the right to legalize MJ if they wish, I also believe a state should have the right to throw people in jail for possession if they wish.

But t his notion that the prisons of this country are over flowing with people who did nothing except get caught for their first offense of simple possession is a joke. Anyone with common sense knows that, arguing differently weakens the argument.

And where did I state that those I knew were first time possesion offenders?

you protest too much conhog your a narc
and I don't call a finance degree from a shitty college all that educated. Your on the wrong side of this seachange ghestapohog.

You're right people don't go to jail for simple marijuana possession. The fact that it goes on your record though is retarded. It closes doors or can make certain things more difficult than they have to be later in life. If you get picked up for weed it can ruin your career. It's pretty senseless.

you protest too much conhog your a narc
and I don't call a finance degree from a shitty college all that educated. Your on the wrong side of this seachange ghestapohog.

A) Your , you're - learn the difference
B) Bachelors History - College of the Ozarks - look it up, one of the most respected private colleges in the central US
Bachelors Library Sciences University of Arkansas
Masters History University of Arkansas

I don't even know where you got finance degree

You however claim to have an MBA, and yet I have to see you even post a coherent though on this board, let alone write something of a college level.

I want drugs to be legal. Nothing better than having your surgeon stoned when he takes out yer gallbladder? Gallbladder? I thought he was having his leg amputated. this is gonna be so cool. :lol::lol::lol:

I want drugs to be legal. Nothing better than having your surgeon stoned when he takes out yer gallbladder? Gallbladder? I thought he was having his leg amputated. this is gonna be so cool. :lol::lol::lol:

Why waste time with weed when the demerol is right there?

You're right people don't go to jail for simple marijuana possession. The fact that it goes on your record though is retarded. It closes doors or can make certain things more difficult than they have to be later in life. If you get picked up for weed it can ruin your career. It's pretty senseless.

In most cases if it truly is just simple possession you can get it removed from your record by following court rules. The sad thing is that many don't take advantage of that, how dumb is that?

Give you an example. Last year a pretty famous former Razorback was arrested for Cocaine possession. He'd never been arrested for anything before so the judge gave him probation and if he kept his nose clean the charge would be removed from his record. 4 months later the idiots is arrested for drinking beer on a public golf course even though part of his plea agreement was no drinking. That's just stupid and indicitave of how many morons act.

And once again, if you argue that a state should have the right to legalize pot you also have to agree that states can criminalize pot if they wish.

Forum List

Back