NAACP announces Its "Unconditional Support" for Cali's Marijuana legalization

Art I truly am interested in an answer to my question. Do you support a state's right to vote to criminalize pot in their state?

This message is hidden because WillowTree is on your ignore list.
I have reached the promise land

Common sense for one thing. Just because Alcohol is legal doesn't mean I start my day with a bloody mary.

Whoa whoa whoa ...

Easy on the logic there.

yep, plain and simple logic, cigarettes are legal. trouble is no one wants to be around a cigarette smoker ,they are socially unacceptable, have to stand out in the rain and on the corner in the freezing cold. I suppose it will be different though for marijuana smokers in your utopian world. hell, we might even be able to sneak a regular smoke in there without getting caught.

.... I don't even know how to debate this... this gibbirish. I don't equate pot smoking to cigarette smoking Willowtree more like alcohol and like most people with common sense they know when it's feasible to drink.

So your defense for keeping marijuana usage illegal is because if it were decriminalized everybody would start using it? Using it before work or during work?

Yes, she is that thick headed that she doesn't understand that that shit already goes down and that legalizing it would put in place regulations that, IMO, would curtail a lot of that stuff.

You of course realize that many of those who are currently breaking the law in regards to smoking pot would just go ahead and break those regulations to? That's just not a viable argument for the legalization.

Yes, I do. I agree that's its not very viable standing alone. Stoners will still do what they do just like boozers but Willow's argument is one big fat logical fallacy. It's ridiculous to argue that suddenly everyone will wake and bake every day. Regulations that would need to be put in place should it get legalized would have a net benefit. An ID required to purchase ... 21 to buy, some form of test for driving stoned or a more sophisticated one than whatever they use now. Tax revenue, unclogging the courts. Things of that nature.

Last edited:
Art I truly am interested in an answer to my question. Do you support a state's right to vote to criminalize pot in their state?

Legalize it, sell it on the open market and tax the hell out of it

Yes, she is that thick headed that she doesn't understand that that shit already goes down and that legalizing it would put in place regulations that, IMO, would curtail a lot of that stuff.

You of course realize that many of those who are currently breaking the law in regards to smoking pot would just go ahead and break those regulations to? That's just not a viable argument for the legalization.

Yes, I do. I agree that's its not very viable standing alone. Stoners will still do what they do just like boozers but Willow's argument is one big fat logical fallacy. It's ridiculous to argue that suddenly everyone will wake and bake every day. Regulations that would need to be put in place should it get legalized would have a net benefit. An ID required to purchase ... 21 to buy, some form of test for driving stoned or a more sophisticated one than whatever they use now. Tax revenue, unclogging the courts. Things of that nature.

No, I don't buy into the argument that everyone who smokes would be smoking at inappropriate times either, but some would, just as some drink on the job or whatever. That was my point.

I just think that people on BOTH sides are using fallacies and hyperbole to argue their argument.

Hell fire it boils down to this.

Pot is dangerous and it DOES impair, anyone who argues that is a liar, PERIOD.

We already have a legal equivalent as far as impairment goes, and there is at least a pretty good argument that they are equal in terms of danger to the user. Anyone who argues that is also a liar.

So it boils down to , do you want another legal substance that impair on the market? Either you do or you don't. All this dishonesty about oh look how many non violent pot users are in prison is just that dishonesty, just as the hand wringing that pot users will be blazing up at every opportunity is.

Whoa whoa whoa ...

Easy on the logic there.

yep, plain and simple logic, cigarettes are legal. trouble is no one wants to be around a cigarette smoker ,they are socially unacceptable, have to stand out in the rain and on the corner in the freezing cold. I suppose it will be different though for marijuana smokers in your utopian world. hell, we might even be able to sneak a regular smoke in there without getting caught.

.... I don't even know how to debate this... this gibbirish. I don't equate pot smoking to cigarette smoking Willowtree more like alcohol and like most people with common sense they know when it's feasible to drink.

oh really? you got that all figured out do ya? there will be no end to the regulations and laws passed to ban pot smoking in certain times and certain places once it's "legal" :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Up until there is a federal law or decision legalizing it, yes.

I don't think the federal government should pass ANY law concerning pot; and I find it odd that you would be ok with a a federal law legalizing it while not being okay with a federal law criminalizing it, that screams "I only care about what I want"

Hell, if they legalize it smart people will grow their own.

which is why they haven't. politicians make far too much money from drugs and its associated businesses to let people have legit access to it

go ahead legalize it. I'll grow something more productive than tomatos next year. Stupid people.

If they legalized Willow, POT would be less expensive than tomatoes.

Hell!~ it would be less expensive than Zuchinni, and let's face it, you can't GIVE AWAY zuchinni when they're in season.

The ONLY thing sustaining the price of pot is the illegality of it.

Its a freakin' WEED, for goodness sakes.

or wait.. the police are stoned as crap,, respond to a call? wait a minute, need more marijuana,, nurse not answering your light?? Marijuana makes her hungry. It's legal ya know? Judge can't hear you wail. He's stoned. Your honor. Electrician stoned, can't hook up the air today sorry..

So your defense for keeping marijuana usage illegal is because if it were decriminalized everybody would start using it? Using it before work or during work?

I'm thick headed? Hell they can't control the damn border. What makes you think they are savvy enough to control pot smokers? What are they gonna do if you break their "rules" Same thing they are doing now doyathink? That just what you dummies need more rules and regulations..

go ahead legalize it. I'll grow something more productive than tomatos next year. Stupid people.

If they legalized Willow, POT would be less expensive than tomatoes.

Hell!~ it would be less expensive than Zuchinni, and let's face it, you can't GIVE AWAY zuchinni when they're in season.

The ONLY thing sustaining the price of pot is the illegality of it.

Its a freakin' WEED, for goodness sakes.

If you grow your own you won't have to pay tax on it. Not to mention you'll know what you are smoking.

Young blacks use marijuana at lower rates than young whites. Yet from 2004 through 2008, in every one of the 25 largest counties in California, blacks were arrested for marijuana possession at higher rates than whites, typically at double, triple or even quadruple the rate of whites,” the report concluded. “acks were arrested for simple marijuana possession far out of proportion to their percentage in the total population of the counties. In the 25 largest counties as a whole, blacks are 7% of the population but 20% of the people arrested for possessing marijuana.”

It is ridiculous that we fill our prisons with non-violent offenders

Good for the NAACP

Few marijuana possesors go to jail. It is the dealers that might go to jail. Saying jails are full of people with simple possession isn't true.

Hell, if they legalize it smart people will grow their own.

which is why they haven't. politicians make far too much money from drugs and its associated businesses to let people have legit access to it

Oh, I think you're completely wrong there. Pretty strong argument that taxes collected on marijuana would far exceed fine money collected by the government from those arrested for it. Unless of course you aren't talking about government income, but are instead implying that some within our government are illegally profiting from the MJ industry?

I also think the argument that most would grown their own is a bit of a fallacy. A lot would sure, but many wouldn't want to mess with it any more than they want to mess with a micro brewery when they can just go buy beer.

Hell we aren't supposed to ask illegals for an ID and you want us to show ID to buy pot? What is the matter with you? And unclog the courts? Where are the regulation breakers gonna go?

Forum List

Back