N.J. High School Students Planning Cafeteria Boycott To Protest Obama Guidelines

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bripat9643, Sep 28, 2012.

1. bripat9643

bripat9643 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,449
    NJ High School Students Are Planning A Cafeteria Boycott Over Reduced Portion Sizes « CBS New York

PARSIPPANY, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — Students at Parsippany Hills High School held a strategy session on Thursday to discuss a potential lunch strike, on Friday, over what they have called inadequately sized meals.

“This year you’re eating lunch and you’re like ‘Did I even eat?’ You’re not even full,” senior Brandon Faris told CBS 2′s Derricke Dennis.

New federal guidelines stemming from first lady Michelle Obama’s “Let’s Move” campaign have resulted in limits on protein and bread, and an increase in vegetables and fruits. The changes have also come at an increased cost.

All of it has also sparked a student campaign that has included online parody videos of students falling sleep in class and performing sluggishly in sports.

They hope to further their efforts with a cafeteria boycott that will cost the school money, and students like Faris said they want to know why they are paying the price for other people’s problems.

. . . . . . .

2. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,542
    Just bring lunch from home. I rarely ever ate the food in the school cafeteria. It was nasty and unhealthy.

3. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    I work in a school cafeteria, this has been a nightmare

the Obama's and his administration are STRAVING your children

4. daveman

daveman Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,759
    But they know better than the kids and their parents and you what's best for the kids.

Just ask them.

5. RoadVirus

RoadVirus <insert pithy title here>

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +583
    Can't. The School Food Gestapo will demand it be searched and, if necessary, confiscated.