My wife just called me at work...

no1tovote4 said:
Do you get points for dragging along an unwilling husband?
Let me know if you do. I've been shopping once with Musicman. He needed a suit jacket at the last minute. We went into the store, he tried it on, we left. End of story.

Shattered said:
Hey, now.. Purse shopping IS a sport.. Just like shoe shopping.

We have standards, you know. Just any old thing won't do.

Oh the exxxxxcstacy in finding the right bag, one that has pockets for everything, but isn't too large, or too small, and the feel of the leather has to be just right, the way it sits ont he shoulder..................... :tng: :tng:

Bonnie said:
Oh the exxxxxcstacy in finding the right bag, one that has pockets for everything, but isn't too large, or too small, and the feel of the leather has to be just right, the way it sits ont he shoulder..................... :tng: :tng:
Ya....
I would for sure just tell you...
"I'll be by the video games"

Joz said:
Let me know if you do. I've been shopping once with Musicman. He needed a suit jacket at the last minute. We went into the store, he tried it on, we left. End of story.

This is because men don't shop they buy.

Man needs a shirt, he goes to the store with shirts, selects one and buys it. Leaves. 10 minutes and $40.

Woman needs a shirt, she goes to the mall spends several hours walking around and looking at shoes, purses, jewelry, paintings, etc. Tries on about everything in the clothing store, buys a shirt and shoes, purses, perfume, pants that go with the shoes and shirt, etc. 4 hours and $400.

no1tovote4 said:
T
Man needs a shirt, he goes to the store with shirts, selects one and buys it. Leaves. 10 minutes and $40.
The only reason MM went to the store was because we didn't have time to do otherwise. I buy his shoes, shirts, pants, underwear, sweats...... If they don't fit, I return/exchange them. Oh, and he looks nice. I don't dress him in those funny striped, little boy shirts that tag him as 'taken'.

Woman needs a shirt, she goes to the mall spends several hours walking around and looking at shoes, purses, jewelry, paintings, etc. Tries on about everything in the clothing store, buys a shirt and shoes, purses, perfume, pants that go with the shoes and shirt, etc. 4 hours and $400.
Not all women.

Joz said:
The only reason MM went to the store was because we didn't have time to do otherwise. I buy his shoes, shirts, pants, underwear, sweats...... If they don't fit, I return/exchange them. Oh, and he looks nice. I don't dress him in those funny striped, little boy shirts that tag him as 'taken'.

Yeah, thank the little gods that my wife does this for me as well. I hate going to the store.

Joz said:
Not all women.

Of course not, but those that don't are the exceptions that prove the rule.

Joz said:
Can you explain to me why?

I should have said I hate shopping.

I think this likely goes back to Hunter-Gathering days.

I don't like spending any time finding "just the right shirt and shoe combo". I just want to buy and go do something more useful with my life...

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Ya....
I would for sure just tell you...
"I'll be by the video games"

Unless your wife was headed to the Victoria's Secret store and wanted your opinion????

no1tovote4 said:

I don't like spending any time finding "just the right shirt and shoe combo". I just want to buy and go do something more useful with my life...

Probably, but....I have had some boyfriends that loved to shop and could walk circles around me. And also had very strong opinions about what I should be buying. ;)

no1tovote4 said:
I don't relish the idea myself. There are some women (& men..I know a few) Who love to shop. I know one man who dresses impecably. Says he has tons of sweaters he's never even worn before; Owns 13 coats. To some it's finding that bargain or relieves stress. My mother could go to a mall, spend the afternoon, and leave with nothing more than to have eaten an icecream cone. I don't mean to insult anyone but what a waste. But I hate going to the grocery even more. I'd be rich if I didn't have to eat.

Joz said:
I don't relish the idea myself. There are some women (& men..I know a few) Who love to shop. I know one man who dresses impecably. Says he has tons of sweaters he's never even worn before; Owns 13 coats. To some it's finding that bargain or relieves stress. My mother could go to a mall, spend the afternoon, and leave with nothing more than to have eaten an icecream cone. I don't mean to insult anyone but what a waste. But I hate going to the grocery even more. I'd be rich if I didn't have to eat.

Right, once again, the exception that proves the rule. And you are right the Grocery is just as bad. Walking up and down aisles looking for the can of whatsit that is on a list is just mind numbing.

Joz said:

There is always the online shopping option?

Bonnie said:
.... And also had very strong opinions about what I should be buying. ;)
So, did you wear what they wanted you to?
I talked to one woman who had just broken up with her boyfriend and she was trying to figure out what to do with all the leather she had!! And it wasn't outter wear.

no1tovote4 said:
... Walking up and down aisles looking for the can of whatsit that is on a list is just mind numbing.
I like going for a particular item only 'that' store carries, only to be out of it and they won't be getting a shipment for another 4 days.

Joz said:
So, did you wear what they wanted you to?
I talked to one woman who had just broken up with her boyfriend and she was trying to figure out what to do with all the leather she had!! And it wasn't outter wear.

That depended on the who the what and the when, I always made the final decision, but I was struck at how much of an interest was being taken.

Bonnie said:
That depended on the who the what and the when, I always made the final decision, but I was struck at how much of an interest was being taken.

You were dating, right?

This is one of the things that will change when you get married to them. They no longer need to impress you by pretending...

:D

no1tovote4 said:
You were dating, right?

This is one of the things that will change when you get married to them. They no longer need to impress you by pretending...

:D

Actually I was married to one of them, and it got worse after the wedding :smoke: LOL go figure. All I know is I had an awful lot of under things in my drawer after the divorce.......LOL

Bonnie said:
Actually I was married to one of them, and it got worse after the wedding :smoke: LOL go figure. All I know is I had an awful lot of under things in my drawer after the divorce.......LOL

:whip3:

I hope they were all good things....

Forum List

Back