ER visit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trinity, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Trinity

Trinity VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +79
    Well today I had to make that dreadful, awful visit to the ER. My 8 year old who is under the impression that he is Peyton Manning, was tossing the football in the house, which he has been told NOT to do at least 100 times. Today as he tossed and dove to catch his football, his forehead was introduced to my desk. :bang3: Needless to say he now is the proud owner of 4 new stitches.

As for our ER visit, Doc was great! :clap1: Same one who did his stitches 5 years ago when he was 3, I couldn't believe it! We were in and out of there in an hour!! :mm:

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Um when my middle one was 3, he had to go 3 times in one day. :eek: Needless to say, social services wanted to speak with us. He then proceeded to fly off the examining table and hit his head again. End of questioning. He was uhhh, very hyperactive. Good luck. Hey, he's 21 now, and it's at least 10 years since the last stitches!

3. Joz

Joz Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +221
    I got a spike you can hang him on! Glad to hear he's ok. How are YOU?

4. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    My Ma would have put a butterfly on it and sent me to my room to think about it while she got the wooden spoon out for my punishment.

I remember hearing that drawer open, then slam shut.

Well, I am glad the boy is okay and that you actually took him to the hospital. :D

5. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Glad it's only stitches for him... unfortunately it was heart failure for you. :(

6. Joan

Joan Mommy Dearest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Well mom always said don't play ball in the house!

Then why is it Sir Evil that you insist on starting a ball throwing contest (or anything throwing contest) every time you are in my home with the kids????

7. Trinity

Trinity VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +79
    I am fine! Thank you! Fortunetly for me and my children, I tend to handle crisis pretty well. However as for throwing the football in the house, that has been :banned:

He has been WARNED, next football I see fly through the air, will be popped with a sharp object!

8. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    an HOUR???!!! I spent almost 6 hours in the ER for 8 stitches above my son's eyebrow. the cut was all the way to the bone (i could see it), and it didn't seem to want to entirely stop bleeding. Yet we still had to sit there.

your son plays football with himself too? i thought my youngest brother was the only one who did that. we used to tease him about it.

9. Trinity

Trinity VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +79

I live out in a rural area, and went to the ER around 2pm. Thankfully they were not busy. which is why I was out of there in an hour. If I would have taken him to Children's hospital down in Cincinnati, I would have probably been there 4 to 6 hours.

Yes my son play's football with himself, he is the quarterback, wide reciever, and kicker all in one! :laugh:

10. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Sounds like this kid is as accident prone as I am. If I hold myself at the right angle, I look like a war veteran.