My Verdict is in

What I find laughable is the lock-step acceptance that the first proposal of a negotiation is a line in the sand. Recent history tells us that it's the Republicans that have drawing lines, not the Democrats. I'm afraid your analysis is a FAIL, IMO, since the story isn't over by a long shot.
When the first proposal of "negotiation" is delivered by surrogates and toadies, while you're jetting about the country staging campaign rallies, then your "negotiation" is a fraud.

Face it...Your Boiking is too much of a gutless dilettante to get involved with honest political negotiations.

Wanna give us the Cliff Notes., Chumlee?

Sure. It is about 4 trillion dollars in proposed budget cuts.....with specifics.....set forth by the Obama administration.

Great reading.

And....I am more a Rick than a Chumlee.

Yes set forth by Obama and he could not even get 1 Democrat vote for it in the Dem Controlled Senate.

yet another non starter.

So after the election, I said in here, and I meant it. That I was hopeful that now that he was back in Office Obama would start worrying about legacy and less about his base and he might actually get serious about Balancing the Budget and Reforming Entitlements.

His plan, he out lined today blows that Hope right out of the water. It confirms to me that he is still as far left as ever, and has no intentions for working with the other side.

It's really a laughable plan, with no spending cuts at all, and another 50 Billion stimulus. then there is how he wants congress to give him the power to raise the Debt limit all on his own.

Clearly that is not a serious proposal, and he knows full well the GOP could never agree to it.

So, as I feared Obama actually wants us to go over the Cliff. He wants everyone's taxes to go up, and Defense spending to be gutted. He knows he can get both with out any of the blame simply by not compromising with the GOP now.

But, I don't really blame him. The GOP did this to themselves when they set up this fucking Cliff BS. They should have been able to predict that Obama would actually want it to happen.

That way he can blame taxes going up on all people on the GOP, and start calling for "new" tax cuts for the Middle and lower brackets after the first of the year.

It's going to be a very long 4 years, It is crystal clear to me now which direction Obama intends to go, the one I always thought he would go, despite holding out hope I was wrong.

Enjoy it America, You voted for it.

What I find laughable is the lock-step acceptance that the first proposal of a negotiation is a line in the sand. Recent history tells us that it's the Republicans that have drawing lines, not the Democrats. I'm afraid your analysis is a FAIL, IMO, since the story isn't over by a long shot.

Yeah we shall see sweet heart.

I am telling you right now, Obama wants to go over the cliff and blame the GOP for it.

I see no evidence to convince me I am wrong.

Of course it's not a serious proposal...That's the point.

Then he can go out and call the republicans intransigent (even though only his toady underlings have ever met face-to-face with them) and his media buttbois will help him blame everything on the republicans.

It's 1995 all over again, dude.

Yeah sure, like you know what's serious or not. If the Republicans are being called intransigent, it's because of reactions like this. Get real. This is the first step in a negotiation and you're painting it as the final word. Jump the gun much?

When your starting point is as Laughable as Obama's it is pretty hard to have any hope they will come to a reasonable agreement. Especially when you, like me, are beginning to think Obama does not want to avoid the cliff.

I mean are you for real dude? His starting point for negotiations is raise taxes, no cuts, 50 Billion in new stimulus, and oh by the way give me the power to raise the debt limit all on my own, to infinity.

That is the very definition of a joke, and a non starter.

If the GOP falls for this shit again, and gives in to Obama with only his word that later on we will talk about cuts, they are even stupider than I thought to begin with.

Last edited:
Charles Main: "It's really a laughable plan, with no spending cuts at all, and another 50 Billion stimulus. then there is how he wants congress to give him the power to raise the Debt limit all on his own."

If so, and he won't budge, fiscal cliff. No deal. Screw him with daveman's tool.

When the first proposal of "negotiation" is delivered by surrogates and toadies, while you're jetting about the country staging campaign rallies, then your "negotiation" is a fraud.

Face it...Your Boiking is too much of a gutless dilettante to get involved with honest political negotiations.

You expect people to keep falling for that same old rap? Look, you've had your time, but people are getting sick of the same shit over and over again. It hasn't worked and it's time the Republicans came up with something new. The only fraud I see here is the notion that those that think like you ever intended to negotiate in good faith. I certainly hope Boehner and company play it a little smarter. I think this has gone way beyond your pay grade.

Charles Main: "It's really a laughable plan, with no spending cuts at all, and another 50 Billion stimulus. then there is how he wants congress to give him the power to raise the Debt limit all on his own."

If so, and he won't budge, fiscal cliff. No deal. Screw him with daveman's tool.

You don't get it. That is what he wants. we will go over the cliff. Taxes will go up on everyone, Defense will be cut to the Bone, and Obama will not be blamed for any of it.

Then he can start pushing for a "new" Tax cut for the Middle Class and lower Brackets and play the hero.

It seems so clear to me, I don't see why more people can't see it.

You expect people to keep falling for that same old rap? Look, you've had your time, but people are getting sick of the same shit over and over again. It hasn't worked and it's time the Republicans came up with something new. The only fraud I see here is the notion that those that think like you ever intended to negotiate in good faith. I certainly hope Boehner and company play it a little smarter. I think this has gone way beyond your pay grade.

I have never had my time, Bank on that.

Obama and the Dems have been fully in control of this bus ride for a long time now, and still you can't seem to hold them accountable for shit.

To me that makes you a partisan hack not worth even talking to.

So after the election, I said in here, and I meant it. That I was hopeful that now that he was back in Office Obama would start worrying about legacy and less about his base and he might actually get serious about Balancing the Budget and Reforming Entitlements.

His plan, he out lined today blows that Hope right out of the water. It confirms to me that he is still as far left as ever, and has no intentions for working with the other side.

It's really a laughable plan, with no spending cuts at all, and another 50 Billion stimulus. then there is how he wants congress to give him the power to raise the Debt limit all on his own.

Clearly that is not a serious proposal, and he knows full well the GOP could never agree to it.

So, as I feared Obama actually wants us to go over the Cliff. He wants everyone's taxes to go up, and Defense spending to be gutted. He knows he can get both with out any of the blame simply by not compromising with the GOP now.

But, I don't really blame him. The GOP did this to themselves when they set up this fucking Cliff BS. They should have been able to predict that Obama would actually want it to happen.

That way he can blame taxes going up on all people on the GOP, and start calling for "new" tax cuts for the Middle and lower brackets after the first of the year.

It's going to be a very long 4 years, It is crystal clear to me now which direction Obama intends to go, the one I always thought he would go, despite holding out hope I was wrong.

Yeah we shall see sweet heart.

I am telling you right now, Obama wants to go over the cliff and blame the GOP for it.

I see no evidence to convince me I am wrong.

I see no evidence that you're not trying to have the Republicans do what you're accusing Obama of. To treat a first proposal as if were the final word is dishonest and not bargaining in good faith. Broad pronouncements of what will definitely happen in the future reminds me of guarantees of a Romney victory. You're blinded by your own prejudices.

Obama and the Dems have been fully in control of this bus ride for a long time now, and still you can't seem to hold them accountable for shit.

Then you're nothing but a cowardly wuss, because I could say the exact same thing about your "pronouncements". That's the problem, somebody makes strong argument against your position and suddenly they're "partisan hacks". PUH-LEASE, get over yourself. Look in a mirror if you're looking for a hack. It's the argument that says I can't really defend my position.

No, I'm asking you for specifics and you're deflecting and yammering incoherently like the aforementioned pop culture tool.

I'm not going to pour through an acre of disingenuous fucking White House boilerplate.

Willful Ignorance Alert!

Where are the cuts made, are they real cuts (as opposed to reductions to baseline increases), over what time frame are they proposed, and how much to what programs/agencies?

We can be sure there will be no cuts to the salary and benefits to members of Congress. Has anyone noticed those entitlements have not been mentioned by Boehner, McConnell or Ron and Rand Paul. Fucking hypocrites.

Why don't you find out which Congresscritters RETURN money to the Treasury before making bullshit accusations?

I think Congress should get a wage equal to the median US income. I think they should give up their retirement and health benefits and have them replaced with Soc Sec and Medicare.

And I think you're an ignorant hack to try and lay shit on Ron & Rand Paul when THEY'RE the guys giving money BACK!

Fucking asshole!

And I think you're an asshole. Maybe the Paul's give money back, maybe not. I have no idea but it's clear to me they have not offered a bill in their respective chambers to change the compensation for all members of Congress; yet, they're willing to cut entitlements to the average American.

BTW, I think you're signature suits you just fine.

Wry

I'm looking at the same shit over again...It's the 1995 redux.

The sequester came about because of this sacred "compromise" thingy that lolberal hacks like you claim as political Nirvana....Now that what y'all claimed you wanted is finally coming to a head, you're trying to weasel out of it and shift the blame for a deal that your side was a part of.

SSDD.

We can be sure there will be no cuts to the salary and benefits to members of Congress. Has anyone noticed those entitlements have not been mentioned by Boehner, McConnell or Ron and Rand Paul. Fucking hypocrites.

Why don't you find out which Congresscritters RETURN money to the Treasury before making bullshit accusations?

I think Congress should get a wage equal to the median US income. I think they should give up their retirement and health benefits and have them replaced with Soc Sec and Medicare.

And I think you're an ignorant hack to try and lay shit on Ron & Rand Paul when THEY'RE the guys giving money BACK!

Fucking asshole!

And I think you're an asshole. Maybe the Paul's give money back, maybe not. I have no idea but it's clear to me they have not offered a bill in their respective chambers to change the compensation for all members of Congress; yet, they're willing to cut entitlements to the average American.

BTW, I think you're signature suits you just fine.

Wry

I don't give a rat's ass what you think, you ignorant fucking hack. A quick Google search will verify the assertion I've made if you're smart enough to know how to do that.

Ron Paul was the ONLY Presidential candidate to offer a plan to SAVE Medicare & Social Security for those currently and soon to be dependent on it, along with a way to PAY for it.

Fucking ignorant motherfuckers LIKE YOU, on BOTH sides of the aisle, couldn't be bothered to LEARN anything, couldn't be bothered to READ anything, couldn't be bothered to THINK about anything if it wasn't spoon fed to you by your most trusted talking heads in the media.

Piss off, bitch!

I see. You are going to be a straight-up dick in this thread too. So much for witty pawn shop humor.

Read the fucking thing. It is there for you. Take the time to learn about the topic that you claim is so important to you. Spending cuts.......outlined and everything.

Here is is again.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/budget/fy2013/assets/ccs.pdf
No, I'm asking you for specifics and you're deflecting and yammering incoherently like the aforementioned pop culture tool.

I'm not going to pour through an acre of disingenuous fucking White House boilerplate.

Willful Ignorance Alert!

Where are the cuts made, are they real cuts (as opposed to reductions to baseline increases), over what time frame are they proposed, and how much to what programs/agencies?

No shit...do you know any other job on the planet where you get vested at five years?

I didn't call 83 bn from raising rates on the 'rich' serious, on folk who make over 250K which some of the leftys here denied last year btw, saying they meant millionaires only:rolleyes:

This pdf you keep posting shows 25bn a year in savings and thats based on a budget he submitted that was blown out of the water with ZERO votes and 97 against...hello.

so that 50 Bn he wants up front blows that and then blows it again, and they earmarked what, 19 bn in one year? dude please.

this wasn't a gop idea charles, just sayin' I agree going along was not a good call, but, at that time and place the debt ceiling, the media beating the shit out of them..*shrugs*

Bob Woodward sequester book could bolster GOP attack on W.H. - POLITICO.com

Then you're nothing but a cowardly wuss, because I could say the exact same thing about your "pronouncements". That's the problem, somebody makes strong argument against your position and suddenly they're "partisan hacks". PUH-LEASE, get over yourself. Look in a mirror if you're looking for a hack. It's the argument that says I can't really defend my position.

Your kidding me right? I have been around this place long enough to know a Partisan Hack when I see one bud.

I don't have a position to defend by the way. I have an Opinion, that so far Obama is proving right.

Forum List

Back