My Thoughts On Red Flag Laws

Considering that the Attorney General and FBI have labeled parents at school board meetings "domestic terrorists" hard pass on red flag laws.

He made post on social media about his intentions hours before he shot his grandma in the face and drove to the school.
No. They know the exact timeline. It was 15 minutes before he started shooting in the school that he told one person, a girl he emailed in Germany, whom he had never met in person.

No, they hide what they are up to. Of course.

This Ramos kid corresponded with a girl in Germany, hinted around at a big surprise he had coming, wouldn't tell her what. Until a few minutes before he headed for the school when he told her he was going to shoot his grandma, HAD shot his grandma, and was now going to take out an elementary school. That was minutes before: otherwise, no hint, as far as I've read.

The mom in Germany allowed the press to interview this unlucky teenage girl. I guess she speaks English pretty well.
We should have the right to stop somebody that is clearly losing it.

Red Flag laws are also redundant.

We already have laws on the books to involuntarily commit someone to an insane asylum if they are truly nutting out. And the individual being committed has the right to a hearing to show his sanity within a short period of time.

People are indeed disarmed during the admission process to the loony bin.

I think the whole special "red flag laws" are just a way of libs stirring the pot and making it harder for ordinary, Legally Sane citizens from exercising their rights.
This

Considering that the Attorney General and FBI have labeled parents at school board meetings "domestic terrorists" hard pass on red flag laws.
Show me this is the case.

They only do that if threats are made. 😂😂

I bet you can't.

He should of had a visit by law enforcement and got a time out and a mental exam to find out if he was of his right mind or drunk or what was going on.

I simple visit by Leo would of made all the difference I believe.
How soon do you read every post from everybody on your "friends" list?

Look up your states laws on committing a person.

In my state I had a friend we committed and he signed himself out and was home by dinner.

We should have the right to stop somebody that is clearly losing it.
Well, sure!! I agree, of course.

And sometimes the kids tell their friends, post crazy stuff, leave stuff around ---- there have been a lot of near escapes like that, or maybe they just wanted to be stopped. And they ARE stopped, and it gets into the news and the courts and police stations.

But if the kids or older crazies are smart and secretive and plan carefully, we've got a problem.

Well, sure!! I agree, of course.

And sometimes the kids tell their friends, post crazy stuff, leave stuff around ---- there have been a lot of near escapes like that, or maybe they just wanted to be stopped. And they ARE stopped, and it gets into the news and the courts and police stations.

But if the kids or older crazies are smart and secretive and plan carefully, we've got a problem.
No law is perfect.

There are smart criminals for sure. And in most of these terrorist groups it a cat and mouse game with law enforcement.

lokbbjN.gif

that was only for the parents making violent threats at school officials.

I see your point. There are ways to get rested on social media of these things.
It is quite likely there is technology, computers and algorithms available for an AI to read, examine, interpret every single social media post and incorporating sub routines to alert and mark for action, but do we really want that to be the government monitoring all social media, email and phone conversations in America looking for this but hearing and saving every thing on everybody? No.

lokbbjN.gif

that was only for the parents making violent threats at school officials.

Investigated by the FBI's counterterrorism unit. Garland's Daughter and son in law peddle CRT training for a living. Maybe just a little conflict of interest.

Investigated by the FBI's counterterrorism unit. Garland's Daughter and son in law peddle CRT training for a living. Maybe just a little conflict of interest.
the source for that is Mark Bradman of conservative treehouse, so i'd say its suspect that Panorama Education teaches CRT.

Preventing dangerously impaired people from obtaining firearms and confiscation of firearms are two different issues and should be addressed separately. The authorities should have a court order to confiscate a firearm but Red Flag orders that prevent the purchase of firearms are legitimate when a person is undergoing court ordered psychiatric counseling, under investigation for domestic abuse or a half a dozen other indications of mental instability. The most notorious school shooting in history at Va. Tech (30 people dead) happened because Va. liberals thought the privacy issue in a case where the patient was clearly insane, was more important than the welfare of citizens. Court ordered psychiatric counseling didn't turn up in the instant name check and the maniac was able to "legally" obtain weapons that he used to murder 30 people.

Look up your states laws on committing a person.

In my state I had a friend we committed and he signed himself out and was home by dinner.

Typically a judge declares a person confined for 30 to 90 day observation period.
They can NOT then "sign themselves out".
There is another court hearing after the observation, and the person can be confined permanently then, if the evaluation says so.

They're stupid. Just more of the very same nonsense we are already doing now. Know someone who is a danger to themselves or others and owns guns? Petition the courts to take that person's guns away - while leaving someone who is a danger to others or themselves free to roam around. What is the logic of that? If you can prove they are a danger to others or to themselves enough to take their guns away then you can prove they shouldn't be running around loose in the first place.

Meanwhile, it takes time to go through the court process and even more time to actually confiscate their guns. And, my understanding is that this is for a set amount of time only and then the guns are automatically returned unless you can reprove the person is still a danger to others or to themselves, creating yet another crack things can slip through if the red flag law isn't re-upped.

And, in most cases, someone who is a danger to others or to themselves, generally speaking, never gets cured and will either be a permanent danger to others or to themselves or will always be in danger of having a relapse at any time. Not only will they be able to find guns if they really want to but they don't need guns to commit violent acts. When are we going to wise up and not let these people run around loose in the first place?
You post a pic of you at the range and suddenly the cops kick down your door and take your guns. You’ve lost your Constitutional rights without a trial.

Forum List

Back