My speech about a solution on how to fix our nation

pvsi.

Nov 17, 2011
This is my speech on how to fix America. very straightforward. unlike all the other political speeches it's not about electing me, or collecting donations, or signing up on some mailing list. it is simply a solution.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G05Z7y3NwBo]2012 speech jan9 - YouTube[/ame]

Your video shows some well intentioned effort. Unfortunately the volume of contributors to this medium is just as much of a sink hole as the money to exclude all but the interests of those that have gamed the system is to corporate owned media.

One cannot cure the patient in a test tube or an electronicly publicly viewed petrie dish.

The patient is us and the cancer is among us. Radical surgery is the only cure. The real question that remains is "are there more cancer cells than not?" Perhaps the majority of us are the cancer and the patient is doomed. Nature has eliminated many millions of species that evolved into unsustainable organisms. Perhaps it is past the point of no return.

Good luck with your wishfull thinking though. Now I must go across the street and mainline some Krispy Kreme proccessed sugar and if I make it to the next door without having a coronary I can contribute to the fortune of Jack.

This is my speech on how to fix America. very straightforward. unlike all the other political speeches it's not about electing me, or collecting donations, or signing up on some mailing list. it is simply a solution.

2012 speech jan9 - YouTube

English isn't your first language, is it?

I'm guessing your mother tongue was one of the Slovak languages.

That hits the nail on the head on two points. #1 Americans with generational ties here have no fucking clue at all how bad things are getting. Frog in the water syndrome.

The other is the media and money in elections is the problem. It needs to be eliminated entirely so anyone can run a campaign on a minimal amount of money. Its time the people had choice. The internet will be a great tool for this, but it will never happen. Corporate power will bitch and complain and use already set in stone perversions of the law to assure of that.

I can't watch the video right now but imagine the $ spent on campaigning going in to the national till to really help people that are struggling. How many houses could be saved, how much groceries could be bought. How much gas could be put it autos to get back and forth to a job.

All of us have truly lost when more money is spent on elections than helping people.

I can't watch the video right now but imagine the $ spent on campaigning going in to the national till to really help people that are struggling. How many houses could be saved, how much groceries could be bought. How much gas could be put it autos to get back and forth to a job.

All of us have truly lost when more money is spent on elections than helping people.
that's the point

Good grief, where was this shot, a ballroom at a Hilton that hasn't been remodeled since 1972?

Actually the money goes to TV networks, newspapers, polliing companies, paper companies, printing companies, merchandise manufacturers, petition takers, videographers, security firms and many others I can't think of right now. These companies employ a lot of people. So while I get your point, I think the people with jobs are being rewarded by being able to keep working even if the value of the work is suspect.

Actually the money goes to TV networks, newspapers, polliing companies, paper companies, printing companies, merchandise manufacturers, petition takers, videographers, security firms and many others I can't think of right now. These companies employ a lot of people. So while I get your point, I think the people with jobs are being rewarded by being able to keep working even if the value of the work is suspect.

Ok, I'll give you that but I still think the spending on elections is completely out of control.

Actually the money goes to TV networks, newspapers, polliing companies, paper companies, printing companies, merchandise manufacturers, petition takers, videographers, security firms and many others I can't think of right now. These companies employ a lot of people. So while I get your point, I think the people with jobs are being rewarded by being able to keep working
For special interests, who's interests more often then not, conflicts with the interest of the rest of society: you see constant artificial conflicts, like the last debate they spent 20 minutes arguing about gay marriage, why don't they talk about which way toilet paper should be hanged in the bathrooms? special interests can make a serious issue even out of that - anything for controversy, while what society needs is a leader and not conflict.

Actually the money goes to TV networks, newspapers, polliing companies, paper companies, printing companies, merchandise manufacturers, petition takers, videographers, security firms and many others I can't think of right now. These companies employ a lot of people. So while I get your point, I think the people with jobs are being rewarded by being able to keep working
For special interests, who's interests more often then not, conflicts with the interest of the rest of society: you see constant artificial conflicts, like the last debate they spent 20 minutes arguing about gay marriage, why don't they talk about which way toilet paper should be hanged in the bathrooms? special interests can make a serious issue even out of that - anything for controversy, while what society needs is a leader and not conflict.

While I agree with some things you said I disagree with your conclusion. Yes, there is a lot of smoke and mirrors being used to confuse the electoral process. People arguing about gay marriage is keeping people from talking about the economy or thinking about how many wars we are in/contemplating. I don't think one person is going to make a difference. It will take a movement that will say "Enough is Enough!". Only then will things start to change. I think we see the beginnings of this now. I hope so at least. I also hope that the intent is subverted to the goals of the status quo like so many other movements have been.

While I agree with some things you said I disagree with your conclusion. Yes, there is a lot of smoke and mirrors being used to confuse the electoral process. People arguing about gay marriage is keeping people from talking about the economy or thinking about how many wars we are in/contemplating. I don't think one person is going to make a difference. It will take a movement that will say "Enough is Enough!". Only then will things start to change. I think we see the beginnings of this now. I hope so at least. I also hope that the intent is subverted to the goals of the status quo like so many other movements have been.
Agree. I should instead have pointed out that "a movement without a leader, will always be discredited or destroyed".... I will redo it later. this realization came to me after seing how tea party and the OWS movements both got derailed, because it was not clear who is their real leadership, so then... (you can read in my site)

Hey Puss.net - the vid looks like it was filmed in the Blue Oyster Bar.
Oh, and you're fat and ugly too.

Last edited:

TS: have you studied Plato? I ask because I want you to know that you are not alone even though it may seem as if you are. This is the parable from Book VI of The Republic:

The fact is, that what happens to the finest philosophers in their relation to cities is hard; there is no single thing in the world like it, but one must compile a parable from all sorts of things to defend them, like a painter painting a centaur and other such mixtures. Imagine a ship or a fleet of ships in the following state. The captain is above all on board in stature and strength, but rather deaf and likewise rather short-sighted, and he knows navigation no better than he sees and hears. The crew are quarrelling about pilotage; everyone thinks he ought to be pilot, although he knows nothing of the art, and cannot tell us who taught him or where he learnt it. Besides, they all declare that it cannot be taught, and they are ready to tear in pieces anyone who says it can; they all keep crowding round the solitary captain, begging and praying and doing anything and everything to get him to hand over the helm to them. Sometimes one party fails but another succeeds better; then one party kills the other, or throws them overboard, and the good, honest captain they bind hand and foot by some opiate or some intoxicant or some other means and take command the ship. They use up all the stores, drinking and feasting, and make such a voyage as you might expect with such men. Besides, they have their votes of thanks: one has a testimonial as Good Navigator, another is a Born Pilot and Master Mariner. These are for any who are good hands at backing them up when they try to persuade or compel the captain to let them rule; for those who will not they have a vote of censure, Good For Nothing, and the true pilot is nowhere -- they won't listen to him. They fail to understand that he must devote his attention to year and seasons, sky and stars and winds, and all that belongs to his art, if he is really to be anything like a ruler of the ship; but that as for gaining control of the helm, with the approval of some people and the disapproval of others, neither art nor practice of this can be comprehended at the same time as the art of navigation. With such a state of things on board the ships, don't you believe the true-born pilot would be dubbed star-gazer, bibble-blabbler, Good For Nothing, by those afloat in ships so provided?

I don't suppose you want us to examine the parable bit by bit, and so to see how this is exactly what happens between the true philosopher and the city; I think you understand what I mean.

Well then, if anyone is surprised that philosophers are not honoured in a city, first teach him this parable, and try to persuade him that it would be much more surprising if they were. And tell him he is quite right in saying that the finest philosophers are useless to the masses; but tell him it is their fault for not using them, no fault of these fine philosophers. For it is not natural that a pilot should beg the sailors to be ruled by him; nor that the wise should wait at the rich man's door. No, the author of that neat saying told a lie, but the truth is that the sick man must wait at the doctor's door, whether he is rich or poor; and anyone who needs to be ruled should wait at the door of one who is able to rule him, not that the ruler should petition the subjects to be ruled, if there is truly any help in him. But you will make no mistake in likening the present political rulers to the sailors I described just now, and those whom they call Good For Nothing and stargazing babblers to the true pilots.

Well then, if anyone is surprised that philosophers are not honoured in a city, first teach him this parable, and try to persuade him that it would be much more surprising if they were. And tell him he is quite right in saying that the finest philosophers are useless to the masses; but tell him it is their fault for not using them, no fault of these fine philosophers. For it is not natural that a pilot should beg the sailors to be ruled by him; nor that the wise should wait at the rich man's door. No, the author of that neat saying told a lie, but the truth is that the sick man must wait at the doctor's door, whether he is rich or poor; and anyone who needs to be ruled should wait at the door of one who is able to rule him, not that the ruler should petition the subjects to be ruled, if there is truly any help in him. But you will make no mistake in likening the present political rulers to the sailors I described just now, and those whom they call Good For Nothing and stargazing babblers to the true pilots.
All the drunken sailors, like the popsicle here, are as meaningful as a chicken in a chicken farm.

Forum List

Back