My speech about a solution on how to fix our nation

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pvsi., Jan 10, 2012.

1. pvsi.

pvsi. Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +41
    This is my speech on how to fix America. very straightforward. unlike all the other political speeches it's not about electing me, or collecting donations, or signing up on some mailing list. it is simply a solution.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G05Z7y3NwBo]2012 speech jan9 - YouTube[/ame]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. HUGGY

HUGGY I Post Because I Care Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    Your video shows some well intentioned effort. Unfortunately the volume of contributors to this medium is just as much of a sink hole as the money to exclude all but the interests of those that have gamed the system is to corporate owned media.

One cannot cure the patient in a test tube or an electronicly publicly viewed petrie dish.

The patient is us and the cancer is among us. Radical surgery is the only cure. The real question that remains is "are there more cancer cells than not?" Perhaps the majority of us are the cancer and the patient is doomed. Nature has eliminated many millions of species that evolved into unsustainable organisms. Perhaps it is past the point of no return.

Good luck with your wishfull thinking though. Now I must go across the street and mainline some Krispy Kreme proccessed sugar and if I make it to the next door without having a coronary I can contribute to the fortune of Jack.

3. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617

English isn't your first language, is it?

I'm guessing your mother tongue was one of the Slovak languages.

4. WatertheTree

WatertheTree Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    That hits the nail on the head on two points. #1 Americans with generational ties here have no fucking clue at all how bad things are getting. Frog in the water syndrome.

The other is the media and money in elections is the problem. It needs to be eliminated entirely so anyone can run a campaign on a minimal amount of money. Its time the people had choice. The internet will be a great tool for this, but it will never happen. Corporate power will bitch and complain and use already set in stone perversions of the law to assure of that.

5. naturegirl

naturegirl Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +862
    I can't watch the video right now but imagine the $ spent on campaigning going in to the national till to really help people that are struggling. How many houses could be saved, how much groceries could be bought. How much gas could be put it autos to get back and forth to a job.

All of us have truly lost when more money is spent on elections than helping people.

6. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,395
    I like that cieling.

7. pvsi.

pvsi. Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +41
    that's the point

8. Soggy in NOLA

Soggy in NOLA Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,513
    Good grief, where was this shot, a ballroom at a Hilton that hasn't been remodeled since 1972?

9. LibertyForAll

LibertyForAll Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Actually the money goes to TV networks, newspapers, polliing companies, paper companies, printing companies, merchandise manufacturers, petition takers, videographers, security firms and many others I can't think of right now. These companies employ a lot of people. So while I get your point, I think the people with jobs are being rewarded by being able to keep working even if the value of the work is suspect.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. naturegirl

naturegirl Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +862
    Ok, I'll give you that but I still think the spending on elections is completely out of control.