My photos of a templar historical reconstitution in my région Vienne/France

Thanks for those. I knew historical recreation societies were big in parts of Europe, but never heard or saw much re France.
Hello, there a lot of différent recreation societies in France like Napoléon , Moyen age, WW2, Far west.

I would definitely do the Napoleonic era thing if I were living there. The 'Far West' thing surprises me, though; it was such a short era, and not at all like the Hollywood nonsense, for Europeans to be interested in. That's kind of funny to me.
Hello, yes the Far West have some reconstitution too and i do have pictures of a reconstitution of the Far West it was for a wedding.

It seems, sometimes in a some places Far West was also a full of cossacs, and was named as Far East :))))))))))

5bda3a87fe64ee996d82e66ab1633753.jpg

Yes. A lot of Brits, Germans, Irish, and Eastern Europeans came here during their famines and also for the mining booms and gold rushes and headed for the far west, which in the U.S. is really over half of the country, starting at the Mississippi river. By the 20th century all kinds of myths were already widespread. Even Adolph Hitler had a romanticized fetish for the western Indian tribes, and was influenced by all the 'dime novels' written by and for Europeans, as are modern hippies here with their romantic fantasies of them. I just find it funny that Euros would find them that interesting, given how long and deep their own history is, with so much to choose from that is far more interesting, at least to me, kind of like most Americans find it hilarious that many of the French seem to think the American comedian Jerry Lewis was a 'Genius'.

I like European historical recreations!
Especially when they has to do with Medieval Knights or Ancient Warriors :)

Yeah, it's very interesting :) And also you can watch a great brutal sport entertainment, like this:

Битва Наций | World Championship in Historical Medieval Battle 2016
Thanks Sbiker!
I like it! :)

cпасибо :bye1:

Hope to see Vietnam team at some next BOTN :) It's very young sports, maybe ten years or more...

Yeah, it's very interesting :) And also you can watch a great brutal sport entertainment, like this:

Thanks Sbiker!

Hope to see Vietnam team at some next BOTN :) It's very young sports, maybe ten years or more...
Maybe we could win! Lol :dance:

Thanks Sbiker!

Maybe we could win! Lol :dance:

It would mean, not only Russia organize professional league for this sport :) But, I bet US will first, who win tournament instead of Russia next years - because I hope, this event will provide a progress in battle techniques and make a great intrigue to next tornaments :)

Beautiful photos, thanks.

Those look a lot like the armor used in "Kingdom Of Heaven".
Bonsoir, there are different Templiars ( Templiars Knights, Hospices Knights, Teutonics Knights )

initially for that time, we'll talk that over Helms helmets ....

Take into account also for these "styles" or "models" in order question..either Templars or Hospices Teutonic or even the order of Lazarus etc ...

Note also the grade of the holder of the helmet and of course of the years époque..clothes and protections evolved.

For example some names helmets or helmets (I do not currently have all the images to accompany the names).

=> Bascinet
=> Headphones salad
=> Headphones and haubert
=> Barbute
=> Conical helmet or helmet Sugarloaf
=> Headset / helmet and nasal Cervelière

en Français :

=> Bacinet
=> Casque salade
=> Casque et haubert
=> Barbute
=> Casque conique ou heaume pain de sucre
=> Casque/heaume cervelière et nasale

:) Most of this helmets, as I know, anachronism for Templars, because they exist till 1307 year. Bascinet - a helmet of XIV century (after 1320), Barbute and Salad - of XV century (Joan of Ark knew more about them l)))... Even Shugarloaf is a "high-tech" for Templars :)

I see a quantity of mistakes at this photo.... only because I took part at reconstruction of Templars here :)))) Instead of all this moments, I very glad to see interest to historic reconstruction in all countries and hope to take part in any big event in future :))))
Hello, the résumé that i give is from one of my members of my forum that participed at the reconstitution i know him and others that are a part of those reconstitution that happen every year in my région.
They are historical reconstructions with the objects and the clothes of the time of the Templars but I think that there is not much information on certain details about the Templars if I do not deceive?

First, send him a big greetings :)

Yes, we have a few information about Templars time, so it's a root problem of reconstruction. And also we need a lot of research, to analyse manuscripts, statues, finds and other, to reconstruct a typical view of people and define, what was at this time and what wasn't. I took part for a some years in a forum of 13th century reconstruction in Russia (it oriented to European style, because before 1240 Russia was a cultural part of Europe, then were a century of breakdown and then Russia had a big specific in culture). So, if your friends have interest, we can change our opinions and researched staff anywhere in forums. Now I'm not an active participant of live reconstruction, but still interesting of it :)))

P.S. Here an example, what we have to use to reconstruct a people view of 13th century :)))

mac03vA.jpg
Thank you I would tell them but they only speak French and I looked a little more on the information they have transmitted to me and thank you for the image :)

From one my member : Thermopyles

Translate French to English Google Translate.

Les Croisades

The Knights of Christ.

The never-ending source of reinforcements for the Frankish states of the Levant came from military orders. Directly dependent on the Pope, they had their own laws and became a powerful semi-independent military society in the Holy Land. They were also the most implacable enemies of the Muslims.

The main military orders, the Templars and the Knights of St. John of Jerusalem, called the Hospitallers were originally created to assist the pilgrims and treat the sick. These two orders, and some others, especially the Teutonic Knights, were initially organized as monasteries, their members being called "brothers." They transformed men religiously motivated into soldiers who became the main defenders of the Frankish states of the Levant.

While they retained their independence from the king and other princes, the military orders benefited from frequent donations of land and fortresses during the twelfth century, as well as legal and financial privileges. In 1244, the Hospitallers had 29 castles in the Holy Land; The Templars had nearly as much.

These encouragement were necessary to the Frankish states, for the kingdom was incapable of surviving without the orders and their military strength. These two orders, and some other smaller organizations, also had great possessions in Europe, given by grateful benefactors. All this assured them financial as well as political independence.

The Order of the Temple, the Templars was founded in 1115 by two knights who shared their horse in sign of poverty. Their aim was to protect the pilgrims who went to the Holy Land. Their image became the symbol of order. Originally known as "Poor Knights", their first installation in the temple of Solomon in Jerusalem gave them their name. The rule of the Templars reflected strictly that of the monks of Citeaux, the Cistercians, relying on the three vows of chastity, poverty and obedience.

Knights Templars.

The Templars quickly became recognized financial agents throughout Europe and the States of the Levant. Their role as bankers grew thanks to the unanimous recognition of their scrupulous honesty. But above all, their strict discipline, their courage and Christian fanaticism made the Templars one of the major pieces in the arsenal of the Crusades.

Decimated in Hattin.

At the battle of Hattin, the order was almost totally destroyed, and many castles fell into the hands of the Muslims in the months following the disaster. The order survived until the fourteenth century by managing its vast estates in Europe. But jealousy, both from ecclesiastics and lay people, caused him to be accused of all evil, a heresy as homosexuality, and Pope Clement V denounced it in 1307. The Templars were prosecuted, imprisoned, tortured, their lands and Their confiscated treasures.

The hospitallers bore the name of a Jerusalem hospital reserved for pilgrims before the first crusade. Following the capture of the city by the Crusaders, this hospital was entrusted to the Benedictines. In 1113, placed under the papal protection, its members formed the order of the Hôpital-de-Saint-Jean. In 1120, the order extended, taking charge of several hospitals through the Frankish states of the Levant.

Costume hospitalier knight late twelfth-early thirteenth

While the number of caregivers remained large, the order gradually took on a more warlike character. In 1136, it received the fortress of Gibelin (Jabalah), and its military evolution became more and more apparent during the XIIth century.
In 116, the term Chevalier de Saint-Jean fell into disuse and was replaced by that of Chevaliers Hospitaliers.At the battle of Hattin, they were recognized as completely military orders and in 1206, when they were still encountered in The hospitals, the organization of the knight brothers had become an independent military formation.

Although the military orders relocated to the Holy Land at the time of the Third Crusade, they were all weakened. Nor had they recovered the property they had before the catastrophic battle at Hattin where almost all the knights of the Frankish states had been killed.

In 1291, following the fall of Acre, the Hospitallers settled in Cyprus, then in Rhodes, becoming a naval power that ruled Malta until 1798.

The third order to intervene in the Holy Land was that of the Teutonic Knights, founded during the siege of Acre in 1189-1190 to cure the Germanic crusaders. He was recognized by the Pope in 1191 and became a military order seven years later. The Teutonic Knights, stationed in the north of the Free States of the Levant, suffered a severe defeat in 1210, prompting the surviving knights to come to Acre. The order had a significant number of castles but remained in the shadow of the Templars and the Hospitallers. However, when they were sent to the north of Europe to christianize the pagan tribes of Prussia and the Baltic countries, the knights turned into fanatical and merciless conquerors.

Chevaliers Teutoniques

Sources :
Atlas historique. Les Croisades de Angus Konstam.
Osprey armées et batailles. Les Croisés.
Liens web :
http://compagnonsdevalerien.bbactif.com/creation-de-costume-f8/costume-chev…

From one my member : Thermopyles

Translate French to English Google Translate.

Les Croisades

The Knights of Christ.

The never-ending source of reinforcements for the Frankish states of the Levant came from military orders. Directly dependent on the Pope, they had their own laws and became a powerful semi-independent military society in the Holy Land. They were also the most implacable enemies of the Muslims.

The main military orders, the Templars and the Knights of St. John of Jerusalem, called the Hospitallers were originally created to assist the pilgrims and treat the sick. These two orders, and some others, especially the Teutonic Knights, were initially organized as monasteries, their members being called "brothers." They transformed men religiously motivated into soldiers who became the main defenders of the Frankish states of the Levant.

While they retained their independence from the king and other princes, the military orders benefited from frequent donations of land and fortresses during the twelfth century, as well as legal and financial privileges. In 1244, the Hospitallers had 29 castles in the Holy Land; The Templars had nearly as much.

These encouragement were necessary to the Frankish states, for the kingdom was incapable of surviving without the orders and their military strength. These two orders, and some other smaller organizations, also had great possessions in Europe, given by grateful benefactors. All this assured them financial as well as political independence.

The Order of the Temple, the Templars was founded in 1115 by two knights who shared their horse in sign of poverty. Their aim was to protect the pilgrims who went to the Holy Land. Their image became the symbol of order. Originally known as "Poor Knights", their first installation in the temple of Solomon in Jerusalem gave them their name. The rule of the Templars reflected strictly that of the monks of Citeaux, the Cistercians, relying on the three vows of chastity, poverty and obedience.

Knights Templars.

The Templars quickly became recognized financial agents throughout Europe and the States of the Levant. Their role as bankers grew thanks to the unanimous recognition of their scrupulous honesty. But above all, their strict discipline, their courage and Christian fanaticism made the Templars one of the major pieces in the arsenal of the Crusades.

Decimated in Hattin.

At the battle of Hattin, the order was almost totally destroyed, and many castles fell into the hands of the Muslims in the months following the disaster. The order survived until the fourteenth century by managing its vast estates in Europe. But jealousy, both from ecclesiastics and lay people, caused him to be accused of all evil, a heresy as homosexuality, and Pope Clement V denounced it in 1307. The Templars were prosecuted, imprisoned, tortured, their lands and Their confiscated treasures.

The hospitallers bore the name of a Jerusalem hospital reserved for pilgrims before the first crusade. Following the capture of the city by the Crusaders, this hospital was entrusted to the Benedictines. In 1113, placed under the papal protection, its members formed the order of the Hôpital-de-Saint-Jean. In 1120, the order extended, taking charge of several hospitals through the Frankish states of the Levant.

Costume hospitalier knight late twelfth-early thirteenth

While the number of caregivers remained large, the order gradually took on a more warlike character. In 1136, it received the fortress of Gibelin (Jabalah), and its military evolution became more and more apparent during the XIIth century.
In 116, the term Chevalier de Saint-Jean fell into disuse and was replaced by that of Chevaliers Hospitaliers.At the battle of Hattin, they were recognized as completely military orders and in 1206, when they were still encountered in The hospitals, the organization of the knight brothers had become an independent military formation.

Although the military orders relocated to the Holy Land at the time of the Third Crusade, they were all weakened. Nor had they recovered the property they had before the catastrophic battle at Hattin where almost all the knights of the Frankish states had been killed.

In 1291, following the fall of Acre, the Hospitallers settled in Cyprus, then in Rhodes, becoming a naval power that ruled Malta until 1798.

The third order to intervene in the Holy Land was that of the Teutonic Knights, founded during the siege of Acre in 1189-1190 to cure the Germanic crusaders. He was recognized by the Pope in 1191 and became a military order seven years later. The Teutonic Knights, stationed in the north of the Free States of the Levant, suffered a severe defeat in 1210, prompting the surviving knights to come to Acre. The order had a significant number of castles but remained in the shadow of the Templars and the Hospitallers. However, when they were sent to the north of Europe to christianize the pagan tribes of Prussia and the Baltic countries, the knights turned into fanatical and merciless conquerors.

Chevaliers Teutoniques

Sources :
Atlas historique. Les Croisades de Angus Konstam.
Osprey armées et batailles. Les Croisés.
Liens web :
http://compagnonsdevalerien.bbactif.com/creation-de-costume-f8/costume-chev…

:) Osprey is a good series of books about all history, but I can point some mistakes or not proved things here...

First - a templier crux in "dovetail" style (first crux in your post :))). There are a few historical images of templars, but look here, how their crux looks like :))

800px-knightstemplarplayingchess1283.jpg

"by two knights who shared their horse " - lulz... There were nine knights in the beginning... Maybe, with 4-5 horses :))

"At the battle of Hattin, the order was almost totally destroyed" - a giant approximation :) After battle near the Corns of Hattin order was a strong player in a middle east region for a century, till the Acre falling. Kingdom of Heaven movie is about Hattin battle too :))

The picture of Hospitallier equipment is good, I only have questions to cotton armor elements (the type of quilts as "squares" is not found and proved till the 15th century. It's just a hypothesis, based on this figures (but most researches have an opinion, it was just a style of chain main imagination):

Screen-shot-2014-03-10-at-11.01.34.png

So, the quilted stocking of this construction are not proved too - only a cutted from shin to hip :)

P.S. As for movies, I VERY like movies with a good reconstruction, but there are a few of them, unfortunately :(( Last movie with an awesome reconstruction was Master and Commander ()...

Hello i quote this ( there were a bug so i try again )

a templier crux in "dovetail" style (first crux in your post :))). There are a few historical images of templars, but look here, how their crux looks like :))

For the Templars the number nine had a meaning underneath their clothes their wore a rope with nine knots

La tenue des Templiers

2235568689_1.jpg

In general, the Templars wore white coats (with red crosses). Their clothes were plain (white, brown, black). They had two shirts, two pairs of breeches, two breeches, a leotard, a pelisse, two cloaks, one with fur for the winter, a cope, a tunic, and a belt. The color of the coat indicated their rank: white for knights, black for chaplains, sergeants and squires. The red cross, on the other hand, appeared on all the coats. They wore beards and mustaches and shoes without spikes or laces.
The brothers slept with their under garments on a sack or mattress. They were entitled to a shroud, or sheet, as well as to two blankets: a stamen and a carpet. The campaign dress included a hauberk and iron breeches, a helmet, espalieres, armor shoes, a skirt to arm. The armament consisted of a wooden shield covered with leather, a sword, a lance, a Turkish mass and a knife. Two bags were used to carry all this equipment. No weapons or shields should be painted or pitted.

1e7bb66f3c72bc514d1acf7e41bff821.jpg

This seal of the Templars, which shows two of the knights sharing the same horse, reflects the early idealism of the Poor Soldiers of Jesus Christ before they became rich and powerful.

The original order consisted of Hugues de Payens and eight knights, two of whom were brothers and all of whom were his relatives by either blood or marriage:Godfrey de Saint-Omer, Payne de Monteverdi, Archambaud de St. Agnan, Andre de Montbard, Geoffrey Bison, and two men recorded only by the names of Rossaland Gondamer. The ninth knight remains unknown, although some have speculated that it was Count Hugh of Champagne himself — despite the Count returning to France in 1116 and documentary evidence showing that he joined the Knights on his third visit to the Holy Land in 1125.

Hello i quote this ( there were a bug so i try again )

a templier crux in "dovetail" style (first crux in your post :))). There are a few historical images of templars, but look here, how their crux looks like :))

For the Templars the number nine had a meaning underneath their clothes their wore a rope with nine knots

La tenue des Templiers

2235568689_1.jpg

In general, the Templars wore white coats (with red crosses). Their clothes were plain (white, brown, black). They had two shirts, two pairs of breeches, two breeches, a leotard, a pelisse, two cloaks, one with fur for the winter, a cope, a tunic, and a belt. The color of the coat indicated their rank: white for knights, black for chaplains, sergeants and squires. The red cross, on the other hand, appeared on all the coats. They wore beards and mustaches and shoes without spikes or laces.
The brothers slept with their under garments on a sack or mattress. They were entitled to a shroud, or sheet, as well as to two blankets: a stamen and a carpet. The campaign dress included a hauberk and iron breeches, a helmet, espalieres, armor shoes, a skirt to arm. The armament consisted of a wooden shield covered with leather, a sword, a lance, a Turkish mass and a knife. Two bags were used to carry all this equipment. No weapons or shields should be painted or pitted.

1e7bb66f3c72bc514d1acf7e41bff821.jpg

This seal of the Templars, which shows two of the knights sharing the same horse, reflects the early idealism of the Poor Soldiers of Jesus Christ before they became rich and powerful.

The original order consisted of Hugues de Payens and eight knights, two of whom were brothers and all of whom were his relatives by either blood or marriage:Godfrey de Saint-Omer, Payne de Monteverdi, Archambaud de St. Agnan, Andre de Montbard, Geoffrey Bison, and two men recorded only by the names of Rossaland Gondamer. The ninth knight remains unknown, although some have speculated that it was Count Hugh of Champagne himself — despite the Count returning to France in 1116 and documentary evidence showing that he joined the Knights on his third visit to the Holy Land in 1125.

Yeah, it seems, I cannot find any significant mistake here :))

Bonsoir à tous,
Between 13 October 1307 and 8 January 1308, the Templars went unmolested in England. During this period many fugitive Templars, seeking to escape torture and execution, fled to apparent safety there. But after repeated pressure from Philip IV and Clement V on Edward II, a few half-hearted arrests were made. During a trial running from 22 October 1309 until 18 March 1310 most of the arrested Templars were forced to acknowledge the belief that the Order's Master could give absolution was heretical, and were officially reconciled with the church, many entering more conventional monastic Orders.

Most Templars in England were never arrested, and the persecution of their leaders was brief. The order was dissolved due to damaged reputation, but given the pope and church's judgement of the order as free from guilt, all members in England were free to find themselves a new place in society. Templar lands and assets were given to the Order of the Hospital of Saint John, a sister military order—though the English crown held onto some assets until 1338. The largest portion of former Templars joined the Hospitallers, while other remaining members joined the Cistercian order, or lived on pension as lay members of society. The loss of theHoly Land as a base for war against the heathen had removed the primary reason for Templar existence, and the dissolved order now faded into history, in England as well as the rest of Europe. No clandestine secret-keeping, hiding, or underground organizations were necessary, though stories from later centuries often make use of the idea of a continuing, secret Templar presence.

800px-TempleChurch-Effigies.jpg

Marble effigies of medieval knights in the Temple Church.
Wikipédia.

Forum List

Back