My partner is afraid to marry me because of my debt.’ I’m 35 and have $380K in student loans.

At the same time starting out making $15 per hour is a horrific way to start. One cannot even feed themselves on that even if it's full time. Although for that I strongly advise one to put in minimal effort.

I grew up poor and my mom always managed to fix healthy/balanced meals after working all day. It was pretty simple fare, garden stuff, staples, and what dad would kill or raise. Then again there was not much in the way of fast food in my AO at the time....The Tastee-Freeze was about it and believe me when I say at was a once in a while treat.
Yeah. lots of inner city poor can raise a garden and hunt for their own food! Dumbass!

Who is stupid enough to rack up that kind of debt? Two Masters's Degrees and she can't make a living, AND is having kids? I'm sure she voted for Biden to get her debt forgiven.

What gets me is that he's even bitching about the tax liability if the loans are forgiven.

That said the average tax liability for him would be around $137K.....Stupid should hurt.
write them a letter and tell them to go fluck themselves they cant do shit except try to scare you nobody forced them to give you the money

Question: “I’m 35 years old, I have one kid and another on the way. My partner is afraid to marry me because of my debt, and I don’t have a steady income. I have two masters degrees, and I owe $380K in student loans. I’m on the income program already and am worried about what happens when payments resume in January. I can’t afford to have the loans forgiven, because I think it’s a taxable event. Is there anything I can do to protect my family and lessen the blow for me?”

LINK.... archive.md

LOL.... The French Foreign Legion comes to mind.
Just live together as people have done for thousands of years, until some greedy church dudes invented marriage licenses.
Make a contract defining everything to protect each other. Instead of calling her a wife, call her a concubine.... in reality they are the same. Don't by into the word marriage. It is a modern invention designed to restrict people.

Most importantly love her and discover all the wonderful treasures of her character, and remember a Man is a male who loves Truth, Mercy and Faith, the weightier matters of the Law.

Don't sign anything as man & wife, don't present yourselves to the public as man and wife, or the system will use that against you.

At the same time starting out making $15 per hour is a horrific way to start. One cannot even feed themselves on that even if it's full time. Although for that I strongly advise one to put in minimal effort.
For about the hundredth time, where do you get off saying $15.00 is too low a wage? I would wager at least 75% of my friends, family, and neighbors might make that much. I make $14.00 an hour as a government contractor. My wife make slightly more than $15.00 an hour as a 25 year experienced call center worker and supervisor, plus she has to commute 65 miles each way to work and home. My daughter gets paid less than $15 an hour as an emergency medical technician. Her husband is a government firefighter on an Army post, with 20 years experience, and he makes less than $20 per hour.

Why don't you wake up a smell the coffee that out here in flyover country, our cost of living is so much lower that we get by on less that $15 an hour? If you are in the megalopolis on the east coast, the west coast, and in some major urban enclaves scattered throughout the country, $15 an hour is a decent wage.

Of course with Biden inflation what you claim could very well come true.

Yeah. lots of inner city poor can raise a garden and hunt for their own food! Dumbass!
Why do you insist on the name-calling? It cheapens any argument you try to make.

You must have more than to brain cells to rub together to realize that hinterland living is different from city living.

Even then with today's EBT the parent of a inner-city child has every opportunity to buy healthy foods over junk food, they just choose not to.

Why do you insist on the name-calling? It cheapens any argument you try to make.

You must have more than to brain cells to rub together to realize that hinterland living is different from city living.

Even then with today's EBT the parent of a inner-city child has every opportunity to buy healthy foods over junk food, they just choose not to.
I will tell you why you are dumbass. You don't think things through and make false assumptions. For example, your idiotic statement about EBTs making healthy foods available to inner-city kids. EBT is a payment method. Nothing more, and nothing less. The ability to afford nutritious food has not changed, because the benefits in SNAP have not significantly changed.

My daughter was left with two toddlers when my now ex-son-in-law abandoned them for greener pastures when he left the Army. He provided no child support for at least 5 years and when he did it was spotty at best, because he could not hold a job very long because he was a dumbass too! She was destitute and had to move back in with us. Grandma and grandpa provided childcare while she worked for the TSA, but even that income allowed her SNAP and for a short time WIC benefits. She commuted nearly 50 miles to work, often leaving the house at 3 AM. I know about those benefits because we shopped at the Army Commissary to stretch her dollars even more. When her ex left the military, even that was no longer an option.

The cost of nutritious food is ridiculously high for someone without gainful employment. I just paid almost $9.00 for a package of strawberries because I have to eat fresh fruit because of my illness. I could buy three times that amount in frozen strawberries for the same price and have to suffer with all the other ingredients they add to frozen fruit. Since my illness came upon me over 2 years ago, the grocery bill for just me and my wife alone has tripled.

That's why you are dumbass for making broad brush, false assumptions and general ignorance about things you decide to pontificate about!

I will tell you why you are dumbass. You don't think things through and make false assumptions. For example, your idiotic statement about EBTs making healthy foods available to inner-city kids. EBT is a payment method. Nothing more, and nothing less. The ability to afford nutritious food has not changed, because the benefits in SNAP have not significantly changed.

My daughter was left with two toddlers when my now ex-son-in-law abandoned them for greener pastures when he left the Army. He provided no child support for at least 5 years and when he did it was spotty at best, because he could not hold a job very long because he was a dumbass too! She was destitute and had to move back in with us. Grandma and grandpa provided childcare while she worked for the TSA, but even that income allowed her SNAP and for a short time WIC benefits. She commuted nearly 50 miles to work, often leaving the house at 3 AM. I know about those benefits because we shopped at the Army Commissary to stretch her dollars even more. When her ex left the military, even that was no longer an option.

The cost of nutritious food is ridiculously high for someone without gainful employment. I just paid almost $9.00 for a package of strawberries because I have to eat fresh fruit because of my illness. I could buy three times that amount in frozen strawberries for the same price and have to suffer with all the other ingredients they add to frozen fruit. Since my illness came upon me over 2 years ago, the grocery bill for just me and my wife alone has tripled.

That's why you are dumbass for making broad brush, false assumptions and general ignorance about things you decide to pontificate about!
I'm sorry about your daughter's bad luck but as you continue to name-call I'll just put you on ignore. I don't have time for your immature, contrarian, and surly nature.....Out.

I'm sorry about your daughter's bad luck but as you continue to name-call I'll just put you on ignore. I don't have time for your immature, contrarian, and surly nature.....Out.
I call it like I see it! There is much simpler solution. Don't want to be called a dumbass, then don't act like a dumbass! My contrarian nature comes because I hate stupid!

Forum List

Back