My partner is afraid to marry me because of my debt.’ I’m 35 and have $380K in student loans.

And Joe will fail to forgive student loan debt like he promised...no way will dems running for re election vote to remove debt from rich families and their university age children when poor folks can't afford food gas clothes and housing.....

By the looks of the "poor" around here they could do without so much food.....Damn land whales.

Put wedded bliss out of your mind.

You need to get a handle on things, and you need to do it in a hurry. As others have commented, I'm having a difficult time figuring out what you spent $400 large on to learn and why you can't make a comfortable living after having spent so much to learn it. I have a high school diploma and earn into the high six figures. $380K just on student loans?? Man, I should be fetching your coffee.

Get your head around this. I've been rich and I've been poor and, trust me, rich is better. Get a financial advisor; one with a long history of success. Have him climb up the asshole of your finances to figure out the best path to put all of this behind you. He will likely charge you a handsome sum for this. Pay it. Pay it because, in the long run, you'll be better of for it.

If you don't mind my asking, where did you go to school, and what are your degrees in?
LOL.....It's not me it's some idiot on another message board.....A link was provided but it's right small.

I too would like to know what those two master degrees are in.

1srelluc It's been the perfect storm for government sponsored debtor's prison. Colleges have become clubs that people have been programmed to believe that getting in at any price is OK. You have colleges who happily jack up their board and tuition fees as the demand remains high. You have the Federal government handing individuals hundreds of thousands of dollars for degrees such as art history or women's studies.

The student loan crisis is kind of like the drug crisis. Yes individuals are responsible for their bad personal decisions, but the government shouldn't be involved dangling the bait in front of them.

Question: “I’m 35 years old, I have one kid and another on the way. My partner is afraid to marry me because of my debt, and I don’t have a steady income. I have two masters degrees, and I owe $380K in student loans.
He's a perpetual student, first of all. (This is a man, I'm betting.) No steady income? Incredible debt? Two illegitimate children? Already 35 years old? Two degrees, no job? Uh-huh, this is the kind of guy every mother tells a girl to avoid. A total loser and will never amount to anything. Flee, girls, FLEE!

By the looks of the "poor" around here they could do without so much food.....Damn land whales.
Maybe so...but the cheapest way to feed a family for working parents is fast food...and fast food makes you fat....

Maybe so...but the cheapest way to feed a family for working parents is fast food...and fast food makes you fat....
I grew up poor and my mom always managed to fix healthy/balanced meals after working all day. It was pretty simple fare, garden stuff, staples, and what dad would kill or raise. Then again there was not much in the way of fast food in my AO at the time....The Tastee-Freeze was about it and believe me when I say at was a once in a while treat.

As others have commented, I'm having a difficult time figuring out what you spent $400 large on to learn and why you can't make a comfortable living after having spent so much to learn it. I have a high school diploma and earn into the high six figures. $380K just on student loans??
First question always (I'm training myself) --- Is it real?

Naaaaaaaah. He doesn't have student loans to that amount. A perpetual student is going to have very high loan amounts and be in his mid-thirties when the university finally realizes what he's up to, never leaving, but probably he's been living on plastic a lot of the time. Either as part of the $380,000 or in addition to it.

This sounds like that Marketwatch agony column from the Wall Street Journal. He answers hair-pulling but financially involved questions like this.

Sure. The definition of poverty always for the entirety of the human race incl. all of Africa now included emaciation. If now they are fat, they ain't poor. Just shiftless.

Of course leftists want to blame whitey for their being fat, sure, as if.

Looks like that expensive education was worthless. Sue the college for gouging you.

And here you voted for the guy that was going to let you foist that debt onto the american public. Tell me. When it got to 100,000 didn't you start worrying about the debt you were incurring and if it was worth it?

What are you doing right now? and what was your major?

Question: “I’m 35 years old, I have one kid and another on the way. My partner is afraid to marry me because of my debt, and I don’t have a steady income. I have two masters degrees, and I owe $380K in student loans. I’m on the income program already and am worried about what happens when payments resume in January. I can’t afford to have the loans forgiven, because I think it’s a taxable event. Is there anything I can do to protect my family and lessen the blow for me?”

LINK.... archive.md

LOL.... The French Foreign Legion comes to mind.
The logical thing to do is file for bankruptcy, and start over again.

I grew up poor and my mom always managed to fix healthy/balanced meals after working all day. It was pretty simple fare, garden stuff, staples, and what dad would kill or raise. Then again there was not much in the way of fast food in my AO at the time....The Tastee-Freeze was about it and believe me when I say at was a once in a while treat.

I also grew up poor, and we almost never ate fast food. There were many nights we had oatmeal or plain spaghetti for dinner, but not fast food. McDonald's was a very rare treat.

Question: “I’m 35 years old, I have one kid and another on the way. My partner is afraid to marry me because of my debt, and I don’t have a steady income. I have two masters degrees, and I owe $380K in student loans. I’m on the income program already and am worried about what happens when payments resume in January. I can’t afford to have the loans forgiven, because I think it’s a taxable event. Is there anything I can do to protect my family and lessen the blow for me?”

LINK.... archive.md

LOL.... The French Foreign Legion comes to mind.
Two Masters and no steady income? That seems odd.

Forum List

Back