My own experience with for profit "death panels"

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
About ten years ago my mother suffered a stroke and fell into a coma. She was 85 years old. She was rushed to a for profit hospital which cared for her for about a week or so. Then she came to the point where her insurance would no longer pay for her hospital stay, and the for profit hospital informed my father and I that she would have to be moved to a public hospital 100 miles away. The reason was purely financial. She wouldn't be bringing in the money for their books. So they loaded her into an ambulance and shipped her out. From that point forward, my 78 year old father had to drive an hour and a half both ways every day to visit my mother.

When I talked to the hospital supervisor who made these decisions, I felt like I was dealing with something that was pure evil.

Meet some of the medical directors for the insurance companies. They are the real death panels who decide who gets treated/saved and who doesnt. It was strange to talk to them as real human beings knowning what they did for a living.

Humana used to pay a bonus to the doctor with the most denials.

45,000 more Americans will die every year so the fucking health insurance companies and their paid todies can keep their money.

Join Kuncinich.us and sign the petition for health care to become a civil right.

Forum List

Back