My opinion as an Indian American

dfens

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2016
I'm an Indian American (as in India, not native american). I grew up in America since age 4, and I'm an American citizen.

I wanted to share my thoughts on a couple of things.
1) I don't want to turn America into India. I don't hate myself or my people, but I recognize America is a different country. And I'm opposed to any country having so many immigrants. I think immigration needs to be very limited. I do cringe a little when I see so many Asians, Indians, Mexicans, etc. coming here and speaking their languages, acting so smug and overconfident. So I just wanted to let you know what it's not just white people that are tired of immigration. Other races have our opinion on this as well.
2) I don't like Muslims, I don't like blacks, in general. It's the way they act, the way they are. I'm a darkie myself, I fully know that I'm not white. I don't apologize for this opinion, if you don't like Hindu Indians, feel free to vent your hate here at me. I won't silence you, though the moderators might.
With all other groups, it sort of depends on the individual. With white people, if you act comfortably and friendly around me, I will do the same. If you are racist or abusive, I reserve the right to defend myself.

Last edited:
We all have the right to defend ourselves. I don't give skin color much consideration. It's way over hyped for political gain.

I'm an Indian American (as in India, not native american). I grew up in America since age 4, and I'm an American citizen.

1) I don't want to turn America into India. I don't hate myself or my people, but I recognize America is a different country. And I'm opposed to any country having so many immigrants. I think immigration needs to be very limited. I do cringe a little when I see so many Asians, Indians, Mexicans, etc. coming here and speaking their languages, acting so smug and overconfident. So I just wanted to let you know what it's not just white people that are tired of immigration. Other races have our opinion on this as well.
2) I don't like Muslims, I don't like blacks, in general. It's the way they act, the way they are. I'm a darkie myself, I fully know that I'm not white. I don't apologize for this opinion, if you don't like Hindu Indians, feel free to vent your hate here at me. I won't silence you, though the moderators might.
With all other groups, it sort of depends on the individual. With white people, if you act comfortably and friendly around me, I will do the same. If you are racist or abusive, I reserve the right to defend myself.

I have REALLY horrific news for you-----Punjabi. INDIANS from India----as in
the hindu kind-----are considered by anthropologists to be CAUCASION. ----
even the gorgeous little elegant dravidians. Of course so are muslims of
south-east asia Do not hate them-----most of them used to be you. It is
the BRITS who call Indians---"brown"------or ('god' help us) ---"WOGS"

I have encountered many a 1st and 2nd gen desi

work hard
stay out of trouble
do very good in school
affable

model citizens

You are that guy I talked to at AT&T aren't you?

Sounds like you're conflating "race" with "culture" here. Your OP is basically about the latter, yet seems to be trying to latch onto the former as a crutch.

Also infected with blanket generalizations --- "I don't like Muslims" (which Muslims?). Hey, I don't like (some) Christians, (some) Jews or (some) atheists either but it's got nothing to do with what they do in private. I think that's your first thing to work on.

Forum List

Back