My old dog.

earlycuyler

Extra long Bad Ass Cut.
Sep 17, 2011
Drivers seat.
Chopper was found under a trailer in Johnson city TN in November of 1999. He hunted hogs from TN to TX, ran bear in California and was a confirmed chicken assassin and egg theif. He guarded my kids and for over 15 years has been their play mate and family dog. He came with me after the divorce, and up until today, was the guardian and playmate to yet another (his third) generation of children. Today, at 2:30PM, Chopper will go to the happy hunting grounds when there will be bear, hogs, squirrel and deer to run all day every day.

Chopper was found under a trailer in Johnson city TN in November of 1999. He hunted hogs from TN to TX, ran bear in California and was a confirmed chicken assassin and egg theif. He guarded my kids and for over 15 years has been their play mate and family dog. He came with me after the divorce, and up until today, was the guardian and playmate to yet another (his third) generation of children. Today, at 2:30PM, Chopper will go to the happy hunting grounds when there will be bear, hogs, squirrel and deer to run all day every day.

That's heavy. My sympathies.
You're taking it well. RIP Chopper. :salute:

So sorry, Early. (((((((C)))))))

We were just talking about the signs of old age in our shep/collie mix. We all know that day will come, that we will outlive them but it never gets any easier. Domestic pets and wild animals - I've held way too many while the drug took their pain away.

I believe that we owe our companion animals certain things and one of them is a decent end. For some, its difficult to put the needs of the animal before their own grief and its to his credit that the OP is doing exactly that - dealing with his sorrow while giving his dog a decent end.

Thinking of you, bro. Damn, I know how hard that is.

Let's toast to Chopper later, if you are up to it.

I too feel your pain.

Gotta love them and never take them for granted while we have them.
We never have them long enough.

Forum List

Back