My Objection to Religion

Kagon,
I hope you find peace in the future because that post written is from a complete nutjob. You really need to look around and look at our world from atop a mountain. Man is the only f-cked up element of life. And about wars and all of that. For the record they have been happening since the beginning of time. And reading a history book can be equally as vile and violent as the Bible. So I say this source it totally lost in a time warp. Another hint is this: Religion is man made so get away from religion and you'll find peace. I'm not judging you but I'm saying beware of wolves in sheeps clothing.

Kagom has veered away from religion becuase it contradicts his lifestyle choice.

I feel that those who believe that US Christians are trying to "force" religion on others should spend a year in an Islamic convert-or-die country. IF they could make it that long without being killed, it might give them a new appreciation for the right to free exercise of religion.

Most of us don't attempt to convert anyone, and are busy with their own lives doing the best we can at practicing our faith...I apologize if leading by example makes the non believers uncomfortable, but trying to make us disappear from public life is NOT going to alleviate that.

:clap:

Odd thing about most humans ... they think everyone acts for the same reasons they do. Extremists ALWAYS accuse everyone else of being an extremist because they understand nothing else.

I feel that those who believe that US Christians are trying to "force" religion on others should spend a year in an Islamic convert-or-die country. IF they could make it that long without being killed, it might give them a new appreciation for the right to free exercise of religion.

The "anti" crowd, who denouce Christianity because it inconveniences their human desires, do whatever they can whenever they can to try and call Christians extremists.

One Baptist could be standing on a corner shouting religious extremist comments and they'd be quick to say that person represents ALL Chrisitianity.

Man is not evolving into a peaceful being......to the contrary.......man has never changed........

Increased intellect is not "evolving" of a species. It's just a evidence of self-delusion.

I would offer the same advice, but from a different perspective. For those who believe, great, I'm happy for you that you have found something which provides you a measure of comfort and guidance. So leave those of us who don't believe alone. Stop trying to proselytize the rest of the world.

Why the heck should we? Because you say so? Id rather obey God than man. Simply cause you dont believe doesnt change the truth. Nor does it change the fact that those with knowledge have a responsibility to share it with others. With great power comes great responsibility.

Man is not evolving into a peaceful being......to the contrary.......man has never changed........

Increased intellect is not "evolving" of a species. It's just a evidence of self-delusion.

I see little evidence of Increased intellect. Quite the opposite. I see the same ole' same ole'

Kagom has veered away from religion becuase it contradicts his lifestyle choice.

Bingo and I suspected that but what I didn't want to do is point my finger and say how dare you! That ain't right, but what also isn't right is to string folk along, but this is a process and only time will be the judge and hopefully Kagom will be free of these feelings and possible fears that he maybe experiencing at this time. I will say it is harder to lend a friendly hand of unbiasness than to just pick at the problem with no answers. Because no matter how much reasonable logic and love and care one presents there is another one who will make issues of that logic as wrong or brain washing, and far be it from me to make that call.

I have to repeat myself: I did not leave or become disenchanted with religion because of my sexual orientation.

I have to repeat myself: I did not leave or become disenchanted with religion because of my sexual orientation.

That would be "choice of lifestyle." And you need to go back to Thread One and read everything you have posted concerning religion and your choice of lifestyle, since becomming a member of this board. Rather obvious.

Most of us don't attempt to convert anyone, and are busy with their own lives doing the best we can at practicing our faith...I apologize if leading by example makes the non believers uncomfortable, but trying to make us disappear from public life is NOT going to alleviate that.

Such was not my intention. Those who walk the walk it are indeed doing their best and leading by the example of their lives, and I applaud them one and all. Nor do I widh them to disappear. We need more like them It is the busybodies who loudly proclaim their faith and are firmly convinced that they are right and everyone else is wrong that bother those of us who don't believe. And from my experience, it is those who most loudly proclaim their faith who are hiding the greatest sins.

That would be "choice of lifestyle." And you need to go back to Thread One and read everything you have posted concerning religion and your choice of lifestyle, since becomming a member of this board. Rather obvious.
Sexual orientation. Leaving religion was not a choice made on my sexual orientation. As I have told someone in PM I believe that if you leave a religion just because you're gay or for whatever other reason, you're pathetic.

Sexual orientation. Leaving religion was not a choice made on my sexual orientation. As I have told someone in PM I believe that if you leave a religion just because you're gay or for whatever other reason, you're pathetic.

No such thing until PROVEN otherwise. Hasn't been done, so get over it.

Guess you're kinda' pathetic, huh?

No such thing until PROVEN otherwise. Hasn't been done, so get over it.

Guess you're kinda' pathetic, huh?
You don't know anything about me, Gunny. You assume why I left religion, but you don't know the entire story. I'll make a post about why I left religion later.

And bugger off.

Such was not my intention. Those who walk the walk it are indeed doing their best and leading by the example of their lives, and I applaud them one and all. Nor do I widh them to disappear. We need more like them It is the busybodies who loudly proclaim their faith and are firmly convinced that they are right and everyone else is wrong that bother those of us who don't believe. And from my experience, it is those who most loudly proclaim their faith who are hiding the greatest sins.

I, also, believe that walking one's faith is a better example than loudly proclaiming it, especially if one appears to be judgmental. However, being firmly convinced that one is correct and other faiths are wrong should not bother anyone. That IS what it means to BELIEVE---to be convinced of the truth of something.

Forum List

Back