My nephew died like a dog.

I'm sorry for your loss Ray, but people shouldn't politicize fentanyl or the opiod crisis. They occurred regardless of what political party was in power.

I'm sorry for your loss Ray, but people shouldn't politicize fentanyl or the opiod crisis. They occurred regardless of what political party was in power.
One party opened the borders to allow a virtual unlimited flow of Fentanyl in primarily through Mexico so yes, it's political.

One party opened the borders to allow a virtual unlimited flow of Fentanyl in primarily through Mexico so yes, it's political.
get off your tiny horse, tex

The border was never closed and the virtually unlimited supplies of wanted contraband will continue to travel mostly along the trade routes, hidden in cargo, just like before.

That's funny though, thinking Trumpyberra closed the border.

Don't think so.
Fentanyl is a commonly used prescription drug.
{...
Fentanyl is a synthetic opioid that is 80-100 times stronger than morphine. Pharmaceutical fentanyl was developed for pain management treatment of cancer patients, applied in a patch on the skin. Because of its powerful opioid properties, Fentanyl is also diverted for abuse. Fentanyl is added to heroin to increase its potency, or be disguised as highly potent heroin. Many users believe that they are purchasing heroin and actually don’t know that they are purchasing fentanyl – which often results in overdose deaths. Clandestinely-produced fentanyl is primarily manufactured in Mexico.
...}
If used in careful doses, it is not deadly.
So whenever someone dies, it is because the purity was unknown.
If drugs were legalized, then all purity would be known, and no one would die from fentanyl.
That's nice, but the reality is people are dying everyday from ingesting Fentanyl unknowingly. Of course most of that is from illegally produced drugs coming from Mexico. The potency of this drug is incredible, it takes just a few grains laced into a pill to make it lethal. That is poisoning not overdosing.

That's nice, but the reality is people are dying everyday from ingesting Fentanyl unknowingly. Of course most of that is from illegally produced drugs coming from Mexico. The potency of this drug is incredible, it takes just a few grains laced into a pill to make it lethal. That is poisoning not overdosing.
But that wasn't really the OP, or was it? Rigby's point was that if heroin was legal, people wouldn't get fentanyl, or if they did, it would be in "safe" doses, produced in a US monitored lab. I'm not sure legalizing heroin is a good idea. But .... it would remove the profit motive for smugglers.

Nobody has, and nobody ever will "seal" the border to something as lucrative and easy to smuggle as fentanyl. THAT is not a political issue.

Terrible thing to hear and my commiserations for your family. Fentanyl has replaced occi as the go to drug.

They would have to be legal, untamed and free. The states that have legalized Marijuana have both a legal Marijuana trade and a much larger Marijuana trade.
I think you meant to say "and a much larger illegal marijuana trade?"

If so, you are correct. The reason is that states that have legalized marijuana did it as a compromise that included so much red tape that the purchasers have to go through. They think, 'my weed dude don't ask for a picture ID."

Again, illegal alien immigrants are NOT the source of drugs in the US.
They can barely carry enough water and food in order to survive.
And their odds of being searched are way too high.
They are not going to take the risk for what little they could carry.

Sure, but if legalized, then purity would be ensured to be low enough to not be lethal.
There would still be problems, but it would be taxes, safer, and not supporting armed gangs.

You have to be wrong. The mules are caught on a daily basis.

Sure, but if legalized, then purity would be ensured to be low enough to not be lethal.
There would still be problems, but it would be taxes, safer, and not supporting armed gangs.
Marijuana is legal in California. No one wants to pay the taxes. Nor do they care about purity. Dealers develop a personal relationship with users. A user can get a freebie by bringing in a new customer. The state Marijuana store won't do that.

"My nephew died like a dog". What do you think he was comparing his nephew to?

I can't believe I have to explain this. What are you, 12?

DIED like a dog. Not died like a DOG. As in the way something is killed. An old saying that comes from the way people used to put their animals down. Usually by just shooting them, for what ever reason? Illness, old age or was just too aggressive. Instead of the more humane way they do it now. A shot, that puts them to sleep then stops all their organs, like the heart.

It's the same exact way they used to put all animals and even people down. Remember execution, used to be either by guns or electrocution.

You're either a millennial or GenZ.

LMAO.. tax tax tax... Legalizing drugs so the government can collect more taxes. That's retarded.
And yes, there would still be black market drugs, because they'd be cheaper. Druggies are usually broke and want the cheapest crap they can get.

Druggies are either losers, or people that will soon become losers.

A few ounces of fentanyl are enough to kill everyone in every major city in the US.

Illegals are interdicted muling dope every day.

Even over the counter drugs can be dangerous or fatal if you take a handful at a time.

What are you going to do require people to go to the pharmacy daily for a singe dose of their favorite recitational drugs?

Since the cartels immediately dove in head over heels to the legal MJ trade to control as much of it as possible your assertion simply has no basis in fact.

Forum List

Back