My Memorial Day

Along with honoring the dead how about a day of celebration for those who opposed wars and in the case of Vietnam in particular, helped end wars SAVING veteran lives?
No one opposes war more than any combat veteran, but any combat veteran would do it all over again if necessary. It's called - Duty - Honor - Country. There is a day of celebration for war opponents who desecrate the veterans. It's called Judgement Day.
I'm a combat veteran and you are full of shit...
Those of us 17 and 18 year olds joined up for money to become college educated, see the world and challenge ourselves, we never thought of any stupid assed glory about fighting and dyeing so that rich bitched could get richer from our blood and naivety.

The only honor was covering your squads back so that they were safe and that code came from the necessity of survival and friendship.

When the smoke cleared, most of us wish we were home. We only stayed because of our friends and comrades.

I truly appreciate anyone who seeks a resolution to conflict other than war so on this Memorial Day I also salute those who decry war.
You are dismissed. You are a disgrace to the nation.
"Dismissed"???...I wouldn't allow you into my presence.

Along with honoring the dead how about a day of celebration for those who opposed wars and in the case of Vietnam in particular, helped end wars SAVING veteran lives?
No one opposes war more than any combat veteran, but any combat veteran would do it all over again if necessary. It's called - Duty - Honor - Country. There is a day of celebration for war opponents who desecrate the veterans. It's called Judgement Day.
Those of us 17 and 18 year olds joined up for money to become college educated, see the world and challenge ourselves, we never thought of any stupid assed glory about fighting and dyeing so that rich bitched could get richer from our blood and naivety.

The only honor was covering your squads back so that they were safe and that code came from the necessity of survival and friendship.

When the smoke cleared, most of us wish we were home. We only stayed because of our friends and comrades.

I truly appreciate anyone who seeks a resolution to conflict other than war so on this Memorial Day I also salute those who decry war.
We don't want to be in your presence, idiot.

Sadly, you are right, Hossfly. He is. While I appreciate his signing up for the military I am grieved over his blindness and disrespect. That is what communism does to people. It blinds them to the truth. Very sad.

That's the problem with stupid veterans...they believed in mom and apple pie and were too stupid to look around them.
I served with the stupid as well as the intelligent and it made no difference what our views were when we were in each other's company.

Idiots like housefly was the type of guy that brought dissension into a unit if you did not agree with him, usually casualties went up right after his type arrived in a unit.

However I thank all the Men and Women who served Honorably AND to those who believed that there was an alternative solution to war.

We don't want to be in your presence, idiot.

Still waiting on the line unit you served in...

Sadly, you are right, Hossfly. He is. While I appreciate his signing up for the military I am grieved over his blindness and disrespect. That is what communism does to people. It blinds them to the truth. Very sad.
i see you failed to answer my previous question...exactly what language would I be speaking had I failed to serve...or are you simply unable to back up your claim???

Veterans to stupid to ask questions...the Republican's wet dream come true.

Please respect this thread. Without having gone to war you could be speaking another language right now. Thank you for your service - even though you appear to have not understood what it was all about.
Pray tell...what language would that be???...please explain to me what I was fighting about before I was 20 years old.
German, Japanese, Russian or all of the above. If you don't know what you were fighting about, thats a pitiful shame.

Please respect this thread. Without having gone to war you could be speaking another language right now. Thank you for your service - even though you appear to have not understood what it was all about.
Pray tell...what language would that be???...please explain to me what I was fighting about before I was 20 years old.
At 20, you could have been forgiven your youth and ignorance. Today, not so much...

Regardless -- Thank you for the service you rendered, even if it was rendered reluctantly.

A real soldier does not ask his commander in chief what he will be fighting about before going into battle. A real soldier obeys the orders of those in authority over him and does not ask questions. As a soldier in the army of God I can assure you that I do not demand an explanation from my Commander in Chief, Jesus Christ before He leads me into the battle. What you have is a failure to understand the definition of the word "submit" and "authority". You missed two very important lessons from your experience.

A real soldier does not ask his commander in chief what he will be fighting about before going into battle. A real soldier obeys the orders of those in authority over him and does not ask questions. As a soldier in the army of God I can assure you that I do not demand an explanation from my Commander in Chief, Jesus Christ before He leads me into the battle. What you have is a failure to understand the definition of the word "submit" and "authority". You missed two very important lessons from your experience.
Well, no. That's not true. A military person will always ask, if not their commander then themselves, if what they are about to go into is the right thing to do. However, asking or not, they do what they are asked....

The questions about morality are usually answered prior to joining. Because men and women of integrity know what it is they are signing up for.

German, Japanese, Russian or all of the above. If you don't know what you were fighting about, thats a pitiful shame.

Six and half million Jewish men, women and children tortured and slaughtered in death camps and he wants to know what he went to war for? There are none so blind as those who refuse to see! God have mercy on such ignorance! God have mercy. My soul is grieved just thinking of it.

1381590367.jpg

And, THAT, my friends is exactly why we ALL served.
To protect everyone's right to say how we feel.
I was a peacetime Sailor, Mark, so I blush on Veterans' Day.
I spent my time cruising the seas and getting drunk and laid in foreign ports.

But then, almost a year to the day, after my enlistment 47 of my shipmates paid that ultimate price.
Turret number 2 was my GQ station, if not rotated to the helm, and it could have been me in that powder mag, surrounded by110# bags of black powder that day.
So I completely feel the weight of this day, as I personally knew more than a dozen of the names on that list of 47.

Thank you for your service, Mark, and I salute your brothers that didn't come back
:salute:

Are you really that stupid??? Russia and Germany attacked America???

At 20, you could have been forgiven your youth and ignorance. Today, not so much...

Regardless -- Thank you for the service you rendered, even if it was rendered reluctantly.
Actually I made a very informed decision. money for college, a chance to see the world and the camaraderie of my fellow Marines.

Your assumption that my choice was made in ignorance because I didn't join due to propaganda is to be expected.

My choice was never reluctant, simply made without rose colored glasses.

Last edited:
Now, now, Reconmark....don't rob these chickenhawks of their romantic notions of what it's like to do battle. They need to feel this surge of patriotism a few times per year.....so they can look at themselves in the mirror when they pull the lever for idiots who will send some of our kids to their death.

Six and half million Jewish men, women and children tortured and slaughtered in death camps and he wants to know what he went to war for? There are none so blind as those who refuse to see! God have mercy on such ignorance! God have mercy. My soul is grieved just thinking of it.
The US didn't enter WWll in order to help the Juden. ... :cuckoo:

Actually I made a very informed decision. money for college, a chance to see the world and the camaraderie of my fellow Marines.

Your assumption that my choice was made in ignorance because I didn't join due to propaganda is to be expected.

Mu choice was never reluctant, simply made without rose colored glasses.
Nevertheless your reasons. Thank you for the service.

Mu choice was never reluctant, simply made without rose colored glasses.

So like private Benjamin you thought that you joined for a condo, a getaway vacation and were left wondering where your sandals were so you could to go out to lunch with your civilian friends.

Instead you got boots, rations and came under enemy fire seeing what you never thought you would.

Sounds like the wide road sleeping church of today. Incredible.

Reluctantly I would have to state that your post is one of the stupidiest post I have read on this board as well as one of the most blasphemous...
I don't elevate ANY MAN to the same status as Jesus Christ...how theologically ignorant of you.
A real soldier resulted in the justice afforded to the survivors of My Lai;

In one of the most horrific incidents of violence against civilians during the Vietnam War, a company of American soldiers brutally killed the majority of the population of the South Vietnamese hamlet of My Lai in March 1968. Though exact numbers remain unconfirmed, it is believed that as many as 500 people including women, children and the elderly were killed in the My Lai Massacre.. Higher-ranking U.S. Army officers managed to cover up the events of that day for a year before revelations by a soldier who had heard of the massacre sparked a wave of international outrage and led to a special investigation into the matter. In 1970, a U.S. Army board charged 14 officers of crimes related to the events at My Lai; only one was convicted.

A real soldier is always to ask questions...

Forum List

Back