My Memorial Day

usmcstinger

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2011
For me, it is a Solemn Day of Recognition. I have not forgotten my Father's two cousins Sidney and Theodore KIA WWII.

Those Marines I served with at I Co. 3rd Bn 2nd Marines before we were ordered to different units in Vietnam.These Marines gave their lives Carl (my best friend) , Tiago (Navy Cross Posthumously), and Mike.

Those I served along side of at the 2nd Plt. C Co. 1st Bn 4th Marines in Vietnam: My Squad Leader Jim, Joe and Tom who never got the chance to be Veterans. Rest in Peace. Semper Fidelis

I see Memorial Day as a day to celebrate the lives of the heroes who gave their all for us. That we honor them, celebrate their lives, and set the day apart for them. It is a time to reflect and be grateful for the great sacrifice they and their families made for America. There is no greater love than for a man or woman to lay down their own life for others.

For me, it is a Solemn Day of Recognition. I have not forgotten my Father's two cousins Sidney and Theodore KIA WWII.

Those Marines I served with at I Co. 3rd Bn 2nd Marines before we were ordered to different units in Vietnam.These Marines gave their lives Carl (my best friend) , Tiago (Navy Cross Posthumously), and Mike.

Those I served along side of at the 2nd Plt. C Co. 1st Bn 4th Marines in Vietnam: My Squad Leader Jim, Joe and Tom who never got the chance to be Veterans. Rest in Peace. Semper Fidelis

Thank you for your service, usmcstinger. May the LORD be with the families of these people you have honored today. God bless them.

Along with honoring the dead how about a day of celebration for those who opposed wars and in the case of Vietnam in particular, helped end wars SAVING veteran lives?

It's a day to reflect on those who served and sacrificed.

Today we need to reflect on how they changed our lives and how poorly we have treated those that came home. We have a VA administration that is inefficient and have long waiting lines and slow processes and yet instead of giving them resources to he.p those who sacrificed. We are more concerned about making sure illegal immigrants get the money and services they need.

We are wrong in the way we treat those who served. We need to use this day as a day of reflection.

Along with honoring the dead how about a day of celebration for those who opposed wars and in the case of Vietnam in particular, helped end wars SAVING veteran lives?
No one opposes war more than any combat veteran, but any combat veteran would do it all over again if necessary. It's called - Duty - Honor - Country. There is a day of celebration for war opponents who desecrate the veterans. It's called Judgement Day.

No one opposes war more than any combat veteran, but any combat veteran would do it all over again if necessary. It's called - Duty - Honor - Country. There is a day of celebration for war opponents who desecrate the veterans. It's called Judgement Day.
Amen, Hossfly. On that note I want to thank you for your service in the United States military. God bless you!

I'm a combat veteran and you are full of shit...
Those of us 17 and 18 year olds joined up for money to become college educated, see the world and challenge ourselves, we never thought of any stupid assed glory about fighting and dyeing so that rich bitched could get richer from our blood and naivety.

The only honor was covering your squads back so that they were safe and that code came from the necessity of survival and friendship.

When the smoke cleared, most of us wish we were home. We only stayed because of our friends and comrades.

I truly appreciate anyone who seeks a resolution to conflict other than war so on this Memorial Day I also salute those who decry war.

Those of us 17 and 18 year olds joined up for money to become college educated, see the world and challenge ourselves, we never thought of any stupid assed glory about fighting and dyeing so that rich bitched could get richer from our blood and naivety.

The only honor was covering your squads back so that they were safe and that code came from the necessity of survival and friendship.

When the smoke cleared, most of us wish we were home. We only stayed because of our friends and comrades.

I truly appreciate anyone who seeks a resolution to conflict other than war so on this Memorial Day I also salute those who decry war.

Hell yeah

Idiot

Please respect this thread. Without having gone to war you could be speaking another language right now. Thank you for your service - even though you appear to have not understood what it was all about.

I like this post. :up:

Idiot
You served when and where...if it wasn't an Infantry Unit don't even bother.

Idiot

Please respect this thread. Without having gone to war you could be speaking another language right now. Thank you for your service - even though you appear to have not understood what it was all about.
Pray tell...what language would that be???...please explain to me what I was fighting about before I was 20 years old.

Idiot
You served when and where...if it wasn't an Infantry Unit don't even bother.

Idiot
Idiot

You are dismissed. You are a disgrace to the nation.

Hell yeah

You too, maggot.

Forum List

Back