Lesbian couple takes exception to service from jeweler

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Sep 26, 2007
Bridge, USS Enterprise
Jewelry store sign prompts same-sex couple to ask for refund - Newfoundland Labrador - CBC News

Same sex couple wants to commission wedding rings from jeweler who is openly against same-sex marriage.
Jeweler agrees to the commission takes a deposit, makes the rings
Couple later finds the jeweler is against same-sex marriage, gets upset, wants a refund

In other words..."How dare you do business with me if you oppose my marriage??!?"

These people (specifically and generally) can never be made happy - they have some apparent need to be a victim.

If the guy has the appropriate signage up, they are out of luck and no court will rule otherwise. No refunds on custom jewelry, every jewelry store I've ever been in has a sign up with that policy.

One of the pitfalls of being in business and dealing with the public......it ain't just a ghey issue you have to deal with...........try the elderly...

One of the pitfalls of being in business and dealing with the public......it ain't just a ghey issue you have to deal with...........try the elderly...

But you have to agree that this

"I have no issues with them believing in what they believe in. I think everyone's entitled to their own opinion. But I don't think they should put their personal beliefs inside their business."

is ridiculous. It's HIS fucking business. He should be able to put whatever beliefs he wants in it.

I mean I know this wasn't in this country, but I hope it is one day. I want things to get to the point where people just repeal the entirety of so called public accommodation laws.

Jewelry store sign prompts same-sex couple to ask for refund - Newfoundland Labrador - CBC News

Same sex couple wants to commission wedding rings from jeweler who is openly against same-sex marriage.
Jeweler agrees to the commission takes a deposit, makes the rings
Couple later finds the jeweler is against same-sex marriage, gets upset, wants a refund

In other words..."How dare you do business with me if you oppose my marriage??!?"

These people (specifically and generally) can never be made happy - they have some apparent need to be a victim.
They're pissed because they can't sue.

I can't wait until a 19 year old sues me for age discrimination.

The whole thing just boggles my mind. I mean being a person who actually values freedom, if I go into a business and they don't want my business. I go fucking elsewhere. I'm sure not going to force someone to take my money.

Non-issue, they were treated nice, they entered into a contract and the couple needs to finish their deal. No refund, the store owner completed the contract.

They probably actually knew he was against gay marriage in advance, and were hoping to file a lawsuit when he refused to make the rings.
Since he agreed and spoiled their plans, they now want their money back.
Tough shit lesbos, pay up !

Sounds a bit like the story of someone spraining an ankle claiming all sorts of pain and suffering then going
out dancing and mountain climbing while your attorney files a multi million dollar lawsuit.

Sounds a bit like the story of someone spraining an ankle claiming all sorts of pain and suffering then going
out dancing and mountain climbing while your attorney files a multi million dollar lawsuit.
That is Al Sharpton 's daughter.

To the Social Justice Special Snowflakes: You're Damned If You Do and Damned If You Don't.

The whole thing just boggles my mind. I mean being a person who actually values freedom, if I go into a business and they don't want my business. I go fucking elsewhere. I'm sure not going to force someone to take my money.

Can you imagine the outrage if a straight married couple got pissed or sued a work out facility because same sex couples can shower together, but they can't?

Can you imagine the outrage if a straight married couple got pissed or sued a work out facility because same sex couples can shower together, but they can't?
Wow you all are getting desperate

What I would like to know is why business was even done with the couple in the first place if this is what the people of the store stand for. To me, it sounds rather hypocritical of them to sell engagement/wedding rings to same sex couples if they are against such relationships.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back