My meager "defense" of Roy Moore.....

It should be noted that Moore, as far as I know, has not once denied the charge. And also, one of his supporters used biblical stories to justify a 32 year old banging a 14 year old.

He has denied it and he didn't bang any of them, hell it would even have been illegal doing what three of the accusers are saying. So you might want to keep up.

Why is Bill C automatically a sexual predator but Moore is not even though he has several victims making the claim?

Did his victims wait almost 40 years?

Because they were children. Because they're parents knew what they would have been up against. I don't blame them. I know strong, confident women who carry similar stories. If they told, it would be to family and/or friends. If Moore's victims told then or tell now, they are tried and convicted by a national court. Their names and photos are on the front page of newspapers and magazines.

Who would want to go through this?

In very private circumstances, this takes courage.

On the national stage - its admirable beyond your imagination.

Republicans are not......rallying around him. Who can he work with in DC?

Won't matter he will be welcomed with open arms.

I would like to believe that what JakeStarkey wrote ^^^ is true but I suspect you're right.d

This is trump's DC. He bragged about molesting multiple women and, with nothing to offer the country, he got elected.

0ecd935af88629e822c95a90dbaff689.jpg

It should be noted that Moore, as far as I know, has not once denied the charge. And also, one of his supporters used biblical stories to justify a 32 year old banging a 14 year old.

He has denied it and he didn't bang any of them, hell it would even have been illegal doing what three of the accusers are saying. So you might want to keep up.

Why is Bill C automatically a sexual predator but Moore is not even though he has several victims making the claim?

If the allegations are totally fabricated, why wouldn’t those people just say it happened within the statute of limitations?

Because they couldn't just publicly smear him, they would have to fill out police reports and testify under oath. You go to jail for not telling the truth in official proceedings, they get around all that like this. Like I said earlier, there's wasn't even a crime involved with 3 of the 4 accusers.

If the allegations are totally fabricated, why wouldn’t those people just say it happened within the statute of limitations?

Because they couldn't just publicly smear him, they would have to fill out police reports and testify under oath. You go to jail for not telling the truth in official proceedings, they get around all that like this. Like I said earlier, there's wasn't even a crime involved with 3 of the 4 accusers.

That’s a fair point I’ll admit; but there’s actually a really credible psychological reason why victims wait years or decades to make public allegations: embarrassment and shame.

Try this out: imagine you were raped by a guy just strong enough to submit you. There’s always a stronger guy than you. It could happen. Once it happened, would you tell friends, family, or even law enforcement right away? You would like to think you would, but actually picture yourself in that situation. How would you feel? Humiliated perhaps? Wouid you want your buddies to know you got raped?

Because they were children. Because they're parents knew what they would have been up against. I don't blame them. I know strong, confident women who carry similar stories. If they told, it would be to family and/or friends. If Moore's victims told then or tell now, they are tried and convicted by a national court. Their names and photos are on the front page of newspapers and magazines.

Who would want to go through this?

In very private circumstances, this takes courage.

On the national stage - its admirable beyond your imagination.

Makes you wonder how much they are being paid. The only one claiming he committed a crime, has made 3 false allegations and is in big financial trouble. How about we reserve judgment until we see what her financial situation is AFTER the election?

Totally irresponsible journalism from, where else, The Washington Bezos Post.
Wrong again, as usual.

“Using Bannon's logic that the whole Moore story was cooked up by the media to get Moore, you must also believe the following things:

* The Post convinced four women, who were willing to put their names forward publicly and risk the scrutiny that comes with that decision, to lie about their interactions with Moore when they were teenagers. The Post was able to do this despite the fact that the four women did not know one another. And they did not reach out to the Post in an effort to get their stories told.

* These women created detailed stories about how they met Moore, where he took them on dates and how he sought to make the relationship more romantic or sexual.

* That these women were motivated by political dislike for Moore (or Republicans) to make up these tales. (Worth noting: Leigh Corfman, the woman at the center of The Post story, voted for the Republican nominee in each of the last three elections -- including for Trump in 2016.) Or that they were paid somehow to do it. Or they just lied to lie. Or something.

* More than two dozen other people who helped corroborate the Post story were also in on this ruse. (The Post said it interviewed more than 30 people who said they knew Moore between 1977 and 1982, which is when these episodes allegedly took place.) That's a whole lot of people to organize into a grand scheme to lie about Moore's sexual misconduct.”

The 4 unbelievable things about Steve Bannon's conspiracy theory on Roy Moore - CNNPolitics

It is totally irresponsible to put out a story like that from nearly 40 years ago with no official record or proof of the incident. I didn't even hear what Steve Bannon said and I don't care. This is character assassination without any basis in proof. It may be true it may be false but the fact that WAPO ran the story has already caused damage to the man and that is fundamentally wrong.

It is part and parcel of the acts of sexual harassment, sexual assault, rape, and child abuse that there is little or no empirical proof. Even if the girl had tried to report it decades ago, how could she report it, what proof could she offer? There are never any witnesses. The abusers do what they do in private.

You make the case for this kind of thing never being reported, for abused children, abused men and women to keep silent forever. Remember the barrage of accusations against Catholic priests? Those accusations also happened years after the event with no proof except the word of the abused.

People came to accept it as so many reported it happening to them. We need to accept that these accusations are probably truth, and we need to make society aware that the abuse needs to stop.

And BTW, the media is not reporting that these things DID HAPPEN: they are reporting that accusations have been made.

That’s a fair point I’ll admit; but there’s actually a really credible psychological reason why victims wait years or decades to make public allegations: embarrassment and shame.

Try this out: imagine you were raped by a guy just strong enough to submit you. There’s always a stronger guy than you. It could happen. Once it happened, would you tell friends, family, or even law enforcement right away? You would like to think you would, but actually picture yourself in that situation. How would you feel? Humiliated perhaps? Wouid you want your buddies to know you got raped?

The sob would disappear from the face of the earth, I actually know how to make that happen. BTW why would three of them freely date him and feel shame or embarrassment now? Coincidently one of the three is a commiecrat activist, the post failed to report that little fact.

The sob would disappear from the face of the earth, I actually know how to make that happen. BTW why would three of them freely date him and feel shame or embarrassment now? Coincidently one of the three is a commiecrat activist, the post failed to report that little fact.

Lol good god. I was actually predicting you would say something like this. Whatever dude. You’re a big, bad republican tough guy unlike all those snowflake liberals! You and I both know it’s entirely possible you could be raped and you never finding that guy ever again without the help of law enforcement. That’s nothing against you. I could easily be put in the same situation.

Hold on though lol. You said you could make that guy disappear from the face of the earth. Does that mean you would tell someone what happened to you? You would tell someone you were overpowered by a man and raped?

Lol good god. I was actually predicting you would say something like this. Whatever dude. You’re a big, bad republican tough guy unlike all those snowflake liberals! You and I both know it’s entirely possible you could be raped and you never finding that guy ever again without the help of law enforcement. That’s nothing against you. I could easily be put in the same situation.

Hold on though lol. You said you could make that guy disappear from the face of the earth. Does that mean you would tell someone what happened to you? You would tell someone you were overpowered by a man and raped?

Really can you document that prediction, or are you like these women with nothing but a story to tell. Also I don't put myself in a position where that could happen, but just in case, I'm licensed, I carry, with 21 years military experience including Vietnam, one of us ain't walking away.

Really can you document that prediction, or are you like these women with nothing but a story to tell. Also I don't put myself in a position where that could happen, but just in case, I'm licensed, I carry, with 21 years military experience including Vietnam, one of us ain't walking away.

God dude you are so dense. Look, if what you say is true about being a vet, then sure you may have an advantage in some situations. But don’t tell me you are immune to someone catching you off guard and physically over powering you. Your big bad republican tough guy shit wouldn’t save you from that possibility.

God dude you are so dense. Look, if what you say is true about being a vet, then sure you may have an advantage in some situations. But don’t tell me you are immune to someone catching you off guard and physically over powering you. Your big bad republican tough guy shit wouldn’t save you from that possibility.

Well dude I'm 6'-2" 240 pounds and it ain't all fat and I've posted my DD214 on this site, just ask the dude referenced in my sig. I'm not a 5' nothing 100 pound snowflake. Also I don't keep my nose buried in my phone, and stay aware of my surroundings. So keep talking your shit, I really don't care.

I not a real fan, but he deserves a fair shot. It's up to Alabama.
If Trump the pussy grabber can make it anyone can. I think Harvey Weinstein should run for president in 2020....americas moral compass went down the drains. Bullying, racism, Nazism, sexual harassment are ok.

Well dude I'm 6'-2" 240 pounds and it ain't all fat and I've posted my DD214 on this site, just ask the dude referenced in my sig. I'm not a 5' nothing 100 pound snowflake. Also I don't keep my nose buried in my phone, and stay aware of my surroundings. So keep talking your shit, I really don't care.

:banghead::banghead:

Your delusional sense of machismo won’t save you from harm. Do yourself a favor and recognize that. NO ONE is immune to being overpowered in such a situation. Quit being a pussy and admit you are fallible like any other human being.

He didn't remember whether he dated them but he remembers he didn't do anything. That is amazing.

Many of Bill Clinton's accusers did the same thing. They came out years after it happened when Clinton was running for President.

Why don't you shut up you commie. Jerks like you are the reason women are reluctant to come out. This is the new Republican Party. We will support any slimy person as long as we win. The fact is any Republican in Alabama would win. The Republican Party needs to be destroyed. It has become one of the moneychangers that Jesus chased out of the temple.

I am a liberal, and those fellow posters on here who either like or hate my posts, can attest to my leanings......

With that preface, I absolutely despise and have contempt for Roy Moore and would readily label him a hypocritical, right wing , slime bucket........HOWEVER, I cannot endorse the barrage of slander and libel heaped upon this guy based solely on the testimony of some women 40 years after the fact.

Moore has NOT been hiding for these last 4 decades and he has blustered his way into Alabaman politics ever since I can remember.....and NOT a peep upon these allegations has ever surfaced.

I hope Moore loses next month's election....BUT, he should lose because he is a scum bag and NOT based on allegations that should have been voiced many, many years ago.
Very true

Molesting young girls is one of his better qualities

Not surprised to see posts like these from hard leftists. I can see how you would be a Weiner fan.

Last edited:
A person is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, and evidence seems to be lacking here. This is a serious life-changing accusation, from a very very long time ago. We need dates, times, corroborating witnesses, etc, none of this "she said, he said, ask my friend because I told them what happened forty years ago" BS.

That something like this comes out at this point in his political career pings my bullshit detector big time.
Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law

In the court of public opinion.......it takes a lot less
These days, you are guilty until proven innocent. Tragic!
Always been that way
Even OJ was proven innocent but the public always considered him guilty

I am a liberal, and those fellow posters on here who either like or hate my posts, can attest to my leanings......

With that preface, I absolutely despise and have contempt for Roy Moore and would readily label him a hypocritical, right wing , slime bucket........HOWEVER, I cannot endorse the barrage of slander and libel heaped upon this guy based solely on the testimony of some women 40 years after the fact.

Moore has NOT been hiding for these last 4 decades and he has blustered his way into Alabaman politics ever since I can remember.....and NOT a peep upon these allegations has ever surfaced.

I hope Moore loses next month's election....BUT, he should lose because he is a scum bag and NOT based on allegations that should have been voiced many, many years ago.
Very true

Molesting young girls is one of his better qualities

Not surprised to see posts like these from hard leftists. I can see how you would be a Weiner fan.
Weiner never touched them or met them
Horn dog Moore was feeling them up

Why don't you shut up you commie. Jerks like you are the reason women are reluctant to come out. This is the new Republican Party. We will support any slimy person as long as we win. The fact is any Republican in Alabama would win. The Republican Party needs to be destroyed. It has become one of the moneychangers that Jesus chased out of the temple.
Alabama is saying they would rather elect a child molestor than a Democrat

Forum List

Back