My meager "defense" of Roy Moore.....

It should be noted that Moore, as far as I know, has not once denied the charge. And also, one of his supporters used biblical stories to justify a 32 year old banging a 14 year old.

This isn't the first time we've heard this garbage - Remember the Duck Dynasty old fart actually preached this to his church group.

RWNJs are making excuses for him.

Sick sick sick and exactly why children and women keep quiet. Exactly.

Yeah, they will, df: they can't more of the disgusting trumptardia fouling up the Senate as they go into election year. Watch and learn, as the guv appoints another Republican.

I not a real fan, but he deserves a fair shot. It's up to Alabama.

He got his fair shot and showed himself to be anti-America, anti-US Constitution and a wacko rabid fundie nutter.

How could the right possibly go any lower than this jerk?

I shouldn't ask that question. Every time we think trump has hit rock bottom, he proves us wrong.
Given the right’s defense of Trump, a proven misogynist and participant in sexual harassment, conservatives’ defense of Moore comes as no surprise.

Totally irresponsible journalism from, where else, The Washington Bezos Post.
Wrong again, as usual.

“Using Bannon's logic that the whole Moore story was cooked up by the media to get Moore, you must also believe the following things:

* The Post convinced four women, who were willing to put their names forward publicly and risk the scrutiny that comes with that decision, to lie about their interactions with Moore when they were teenagers. The Post was able to do this despite the fact that the four women did not know one another. And they did not reach out to the Post in an effort to get their stories told.

* These women created detailed stories about how they met Moore, where he took them on dates and how he sought to make the relationship more romantic or sexual.

* That these women were motivated by political dislike for Moore (or Republicans) to make up these tales. (Worth noting: Leigh Corfman, the woman at the center of The Post story, voted for the Republican nominee in each of the last three elections -- including for Trump in 2016.) Or that they were paid somehow to do it. Or they just lied to lie. Or something.

* More than two dozen other people who helped corroborate the Post story were also in on this ruse. (The Post said it interviewed more than 30 people who said they knew Moore between 1977 and 1982, which is when these episodes allegedly took place.) That's a whole lot of people to organize into a grand scheme to lie about Moore's sexual misconduct.”

The 4 unbelievable things about Steve Bannon's conspiracy theory on Roy Moore - CNNPolitics

It is totally irresponsible to put out a story like that from nearly 40 years ago with no official record or proof of the incident. I didn't even hear what Steve Bannon said and I don't care. This is character assassination without any basis in proof. It may be true it may be false but the fact that WAPO ran the story has already caused damage to the man and that is fundamentally wrong.

It should be noted that Moore, as far as I know, has not once denied the charge. And also, one of his supporters used biblical stories to justify a 32 year old banging a 14 year old.

He has denied it and he didn't bang any of them, hell it would even have been illegal doing what three of the accusers are saying. So you might want to keep up.

I am a liberal, and those fellow posters on here who either like or hate my posts, can attest to my leanings......

With that preface, I absolutely despise and have contempt for Roy Moore and would readily label him a hypocritical, right wing , slime bucket........HOWEVER, I cannot endorse the barrage of slander and libel heaped upon this guy based solely on the testimony of some women 40 years after the fact.

Moore has NOT been hiding for these last 4 decades and he has blustered his way into Alabaman politics ever since I can remember.....and NOT a peep upon these allegations has ever surfaced.

I hope Moore loses next month's election....BUT, he should lose because he is a scum bag and NOT based on allegations that should have been voiced many, many years ago.
Nat, you have to ask yourself this question: If the allegations are false, why would they say it happened decades ago? Why wouldn’t they just say 6 months ago? Then they could press charges.

The reason why victims wait years or decades to report sexual assault, is because they are deeply ashamed and embarrassed. Imagine, if you were raped by a guy stronger than you. Would you be willing to tell your friends and family about it as soon as it happened? Could you see yourself fully willing to even tell law enforcement? You would like to think you would tell them right away, but imagine how you would actually feel about the whole thing afterwards.

He has denied it and he didn't bang any of them, hell it would even have been illegal doing what three of the accusers are saying. So you might want to keep up.

Why is Bill C automatically a sexual predator but Moore is not even though he has several victims making the claim?

Why is Bill C automatically a sexual predator but Moore is not even though he has several victims making the claim?

Did his victims wait almost 40 years?

Nat, you have to ask yourself this question: If the allegations are false, why would they say it happened decades ago? Why wouldn’t they just say 6 months ago? Then they could press charges.

Well, my friend, I could have [almost] believed the allegations had the expose happened while Moore was fighting it out with Strange just a few months ago......

Again, I want Moore to lose in December, but not on flimsy allegations.

Well, my friend, I could have [almost] believed the allegations had the expose happened while Moore was fighting it out with Strange just a few months ago......

Again, I want Moore to lose in December, but not on flimsy allegations.
Yes, true or not, that sack of white trash needs to lose.

Did his victims wait almost 40 years?

If the allegations are totally fabricated, why wouldn’t those people just say it happened within the statute of limitations?

I am a liberal, and those fellow posters on here who either like or hate my posts, can attest to my leanings......

With that preface, I absolutely despise and have contempt for Roy Moore and would readily label him a hypocritical, right wing , slime bucket........HOWEVER, I cannot endorse the barrage of slander and libel heaped upon this guy based solely on the testimony of some women 40 years after the fact.

Moore has NOT been hiding for these last 4 decades and he has blustered his way into Alabaman politics ever since I can remember.....and NOT a peep upon these allegations has ever surfaced.

I hope Moore loses next month's election....BUT, he should lose because he is a scum bag and NOT based on allegations that should have been voiced many, many years ago.

I disagree with the idea that the allegations should be discounted because they are 40 years old. The question of why these women (and all women in all of the current instances of allegations, men reporting sexual assault and harassment too) didn't speak out earlier has been answered over and over and over again, ad infinitum. They were afraid: afraid they wouldn't be believed, afraid they would be vilified, afraid their lives would be ruined, afraid their families and children would be hurt by public scandal, afraid of losing their jobs, afraid their careers would be ruined, etc.

Why don't you people get it? Here you are discounting their testimony, disparaging them, doing just what they were afraid of. The reason there is such a barrage of accusations recently, the reason the dam has broken is because of a site that was set up called #MeToo (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Me_Too_(hashtag). It has caused those who were afraid to report what happened to them to be emboldened because others were reporting.

This type of sexual harassment and assault has gone on since the beginning of civilization; it's nothing new. But we haven’t talked about it. It's time to talk about it and not continue to sweep it under the rug.

It’s like child abuse. People didn’t talk about it. Children were afraid to report. We didn’t want to believe it. We didn’t trust what the children said. These people reporting sexual assault and harassment are not doing it to get back at someone or for political purposes, or if so it’s very, very few. They are doing it to free themselves of the self imposed guilt, shame and secretiveness, to open this issue up for our society to discuss it honestly.

It's a similar situation with reporting rape: "...out of 1000 rapes, 994 perpetrators will walk free. ...Only 344 out of every 1,000 sexual assaults are reported to police."
The Criminal Justice System: Statistics | RAINN

Stop maligning and denigrating these reporters because they didn’t report it at the time, because they waited years, even decades to report it—understand why they waited and understand why they are reporting now.

What Moore did was illegal; they were reprehensible acts against children. People in public office should be the best of us, not the worst of us. That is why he shouldn’t be re-elected.

Last edited:

The reason why victims wait years or decades to report sexual assault, is because they are deeply ashamed and embarrassed. Imagine, if you were raped by a guy stronger than you. Would you be willing to tell your friends and family about it as soon as it happened? Could you see yourself fully willing to even tell law enforcement? You would like to think you would tell them right away, but imagine how you would actually feel about the whole thing afterwards.

True. Plus, some sort of flood gate has opened like we haven't seen for a long while. Women are sick and tired of hiding and protecting these slime.

Proof or shut up.

True. Plus, some sort of flood gate has opened like we haven't seen for a long while. Women are sick and tired of hiding and protecting these slime.
Yeah, I think it’s fair to assume most of the allegations have truth to them.

Forum List

Back