My Light Bulb Moment Regarding The Debt Ceiling Standoff

Democrats (and everyone else) know a recession is coming. It is unavoidable. Most all economists are predicting it. It has happened mostly due to Democratic policies. What is the best way Democrats can spin this? Let the debt ceiling debacle happen, the economy collapses into a recession, and boom - they try blaming the recession on the debt ceiling standoff with Republicans. Will it work?
That is an interesting “lightbulb” moment. I’m not convinced of it, but I wouldn’t doubt that some of the men behind the puppet Potato think similarly.

Unlike you partisan hacks, I hold both parties accountable for their spending. The federal debt is my number one issue, far and above all others.

I am way ahead of you. Here is a topic I started over a year ago: Biden Smashes Trump's Record Budget

And here is what I said in Biden's first year:

What you hacks have yet to realize is that BOTH parties are spending us into oblivion. I'm so sick of this willful blindness.
If I admit both sides spend, am I allowed to bitch when democrats do it? It isn't like they even pretend to care about spending.

Wrong.

I support the GOP being honest about their overspending.
I think many republicans are well aware of how our leadership sucks. It isn't great that repub leaders pretend to care about spending, but It still galls me that democrat leaders won't even talk about cuts and get mad when they can't spend as much as they want. The shit sandwich is coming, and nobody wants to touch it. Dems just want it to grow faster, that is the only difference, plus their usual authoritarian zeal.

How much was added to the US economy during that time?

Was ending the USSR worth it?

Total GDP rose by 81%. So, we added 180% of debt to get 81% rise in GDP

No. Mostly because it has just gotten worse and worse since then.

If it had been a blip and then we went back to fiscal sanity one could argue it was worth it.

Total GDP rose by 81%. So, we added 180% of debt to get 81% rise in GDP

No. Mostly because it has just gotten worse and worse since then.

If it had been a blip and then we went back to fiscal sanity one could argue it was worth it.
So it’s bad because 180>80? Is that your final answer? Please check again

The USA was on a glide path to start retiring debt when the same group that killedJFK and tried to kill Reagan, carried out 9/11 and blamed it on Islam

Our country has been overeating, bigly. To the tune of $32 trillion of debt.

I would buy the fake conservatives' BULLSHIT if I heard them whining about spending when there is a Republican in the White House.

And yet they went completely radio silent while Trump was adding $8 trillion to the debt in half the time it took Obama.

Dead. Fucking. Silent.

And I gave them plenty of opportunity to say something. They would literally rather die than hold their own team accountable.

I am so sick of this willful blindness.

100% right, but again NEITHER side complains about spending when THEIR party is in office. And in each case, the party griping about the spending is correct.

100% right, but again NEITHER side complains about spending when THEIR party is in office. And in each case, the party griping about the spending is correct.
Only one party threatens to shut down the government and wreck the world economy when they are out of power in the White House.

The government spends $0 dollars on the poor...?
The government spends money on the poor, as it should. They are not to blame for overspending. At all.

Nor are the hard working Americans who achieve wealth through their sweat.

As I keep saying, punishing the poor by the Right and punishing the rich by the Left is wrong in both cases.

Wrong.

I support the GOP being honest about their overspending.

You seem to be more upset over the Republicans lying about spending than the Democrats willingness to spend without discretion. I agree with you about the Republicans, but at least their verbiage is correct, and that's more than we get from the Dems. You have one party that talks but doesn't walk the walk, and the other that gloats as it spends. At least the conservatives have the brought spending to the table. One of the many reasons I despise Trump was his spending, but I also never saw him as a fiscal conservative. And I'm appalled at so many who CLAIM to be fiscally conservative being such fans of Trump.

Recessions always happen on a Republicans watch
As long as we don’t elect Republicans, we should be OK

If Republicans default on debt and we go into recession, They will once again take the blame.
That's because fixing the inflation, false boom from the previous Democrat administration always causes a recession.

You seem to be more upset over the Republicans lying about spending than the Democrats willingness to spend without discretion. I agree with you about the Republicans, but at least their verbiage is correct, and that's more than we get from the Dems. You have one party that talks but doesn't walk the walk, and the other that gloats as it spends. At least the conservatives have the brought spending to the table. One of the many reasons I despise Trump was his spending, but I also never saw him as a fiscal conservative. And I'm appalled at so many who CLAIM to be fiscally conservative being such fans of Trump.
Until the Trump cult starts holding their own team accountable, our debt will continue to climb unrestricted. The GOP of the past would put plans to restrict spending on the table WHEN THEY WERE IN POWER. And they would follow through.

Not today. They only whine now when they are not the ones who get to overspend.

Something has happened to the GOP in the past decade or so. They no longer govern. They just say shit and do NOTHING. Or worse, they do the opposite of what they say.

And the rubes are happy about it so long as it "owns the libs".

It makes me sick.

Yes, I am more critical of the organization formerly known as the Republican Party. It's my party of origin.

Who would you be more critical of? The guy who comes to your house and shits all over YOUR furniture or the guy who goes to your neighbor's house and shits on his furniture?

The Trump cult doesn't get this. They don't even know what true conservatism is. The don't know what honesty is. They especially don't know what integrity is.

Until the Trump cult starts holding their own team accountable, our debt will continue to climb unrestricted. The GOP of the past would put plans to restrict spending on the table WHEN THEY WERE IN POWER. And they would follow through.

Not today. They only whine now when they are not the ones who get to overspend.

Something has happened to the GOP in the past decade or so. They no longer govern. They just say shit and do NOTHING. Or worse, they do the opposite of what they say.

And the rubes are happy about it so long as it "owns the libs".

It makes me sick.

Yes, I am more critical of the organization formerly known as the Republican Party. It's my party of origin.

Who would you be more critical of? The guy who comes to your house and shits all over YOUR furniture or the guy who goes to your neighbor's house and shits on his furniture?

The Trump cult doesn't get this. They don't even know what true conservatism is. The don't know what honesty is. They especially don't know what integrity is.
Right. So Republicans are supposed to make all the cuts and Democrats get a blank check to spend whatever they want?

When did Democrats ever propose spending cuts?

Blow it out your ass, douchebag.

You were never a Republican.

Right. So Republicans are supposed to make all the cuts and Democrats get a blank check to spend whatever they want?

When did Democrats ever propose spending cuts?

Blow it out your ass, douchebag.

You were never a Republican.
While Trump was president, when did Republicans threaten to shut down the government and not raise the debt ceiling until cuts were made?

They didn't.

You've been so thoroughly hoaxed you have become completely blind to their theatrics which are designed just for idiots like you.

Forum List

Back