My Grampa passed away last night

He had been on hospice for two weeks because of heart failure and kidney failure. He was able to see all of his grandchildren in the past two weeks.

He died at home peacefully at the age of 93. I'll miss him.

Thanks in advance for your condolences.
I am sorry to learn of your loss.

Sorry for your loss, Xo

My Grandfather was from Italy and wanted to die there in his home village of Saracena. He survived a plane crash once and refused to fly ever again so he traveled by boat back and forth about once a year on average. He made it as far as Rome his final trip.

He was a 2 pack a day unfiltered Camel smoker and was in an oxygen tent in the hospital. He'd have the nurses turn off the oxygen at least once a day so he could have a cigarette.

They just don't make them like that any more.

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss.

I hope your visit with him recently was one you will remember joyfully for the remainder of your life.

Immie

He had been on hospice for two weeks because of heart failure and kidney failure. He was able to see all of his grandchildren in the past two weeks.

93 huh? He saw a lot. I hope his dying was made as comfortable as possible. It's tough to lose someone you care about. It's hard for the sensitive posters to hear about it too. It makes us feel bad when we want to insult you. Not me of course...I never insult doctors. Ya never know when you will be under the knife.

Sorry for your lose, X.

Reads to me like his passing was the kind of passing that we would ALL like to have.

Surrounded by loved ones and given time to say our goodbyes.

peace out, man.

I'm so sorry for your loss, xotoxi.

So sorry to hear of your loss, but what a grand description of a life completed.

Sorry for your troubles. I am glad everyone got to say goodby.

Forum List

Back