My favorite recent TV shows, there are many

Feeding Crows

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2021
I'm not going to count the all time great shows from the past. Just modern stuff that piqued my interest.

Into the Badlands
Preacher
X-Files
Spartacus
Serengeti
Firefly
Battlestar Galactica
The Mandalorian
Yellowstone
Fargo
Game of Thrones
The League
It's Always Sunny in Philedelphia
Peacemaker
Ozark
Vikings

Interesting. Ozark also makes my list, but the final season has gone bat-shit crazy, which is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. The same thing happened with Game of Thrones, where the final season was a ridiculous miss-mash of bad ideas forced together to reach the conclusion that GRRM indicated to the screenwriters.

I agree on GoT. Still waiting to see the final episodes of Ozark in a few months. But I think that it doesn't take away from their overall greatness. Even Spartacus and Vikings really dipped at the end. I think they are still great to watch for their initial greatness. Everything dips at the end. Just like us :)

Oh wait, i put x-files on there... ok, it did go on beyond 2000.... we can take it off if you're going to be strict about it :)

“ Outer Range” “ Miss Scarlett & the Duke” “ Barkskins”
“ Ultra City Smith’s” “ La Brea” “ Ghosts” “ Resident Alien”

One of the best detective series is Bosch. It was done for a number of seasons, finished, and now they have resurrected it for another "final" season. He is now retired from (forced out of) the LAPD and working as a Private Dick. Still excellent.

Worth bingeing. Best police drama of all time: The Wire. Hands down, no question.

The Good Doctor is a pretty good medical drama, although they are running out of story lines.

PBS...Downton Abbey, Poldark, Little Dorrit.

“ Outer Range” “ Miss Scarlett & the Duke” “ Barkskins”
“ Ultra City Smith’s” “ La Brea” “ Ghosts” “ Resident Alien”
I finally finished Ozark! I want so bad to get into Outer Range... I will eventually. I just happen to watch it when I'm tired and fall asleep. Not that it's boring, it's just that I pick the wrong time to watch.

Resident Alien rocks!!!

download (3).jpg

If you haven't watched it, please check out "Into the Badlands".

It has such a mix of martial arts, post-apocalyptic themes, and an almost Matrix feel.

It's The Matrix meets Mad Max meets Kill Bill. It's really that crazy! I love it!!!

The martial arts is as good as any movie, and it's done at least twice per episode. And the cinematography is the most beautiful thing in the world. You can pause any scene and make it a desktop background. And the women are some of the strongest and sexiest women ever put on film.

Here's the trailer. Please watch if you like the premise:

This is just the very first fight of the series, takes place in the first few minutes.

I'm not going to count the all time great shows from the past. Just modern stuff that piqued my interest.

Into the Badlands
Preacher
X-Files
Spartacus
Serengeti
Firefly
Battlestar Galactica
The Mandalorian
Yellowstone
Fargo
Game of Thrones
The League
It's Always Sunny in Philedelphia
Peacemaker
Ozark
Vikings

Best tv show ever. Starts off over the top, and just keeps going.

Forum List

Back