My Favorite Christian Posters

I'm wondering about this. So you have "sins of thought"?

Sure, don't we all?

Sky is currently contemplating this because I recently told her she was judging and proposing the persecution of certain individuals based upon what she thought was their "thoughts".

The Bible quote has already been provided that adulterous thoughts are equal to adultery.

So roughly 100% of the time certain bigotted christians or other bigotted religious people attack gays for their sin, they're just doing it because they're insecure and need a way of deflecting from their own long list of sins.

Sure, don't we all?

Sky is currently contemplating this because I recently told her she was judging and proposing the persecution of certain individuals based upon what she thought was their "thoughts".

The Bible quote has already been provided that adulterous thoughts are equal to adultery.

So roughly 100% of the time certain bigotted christians or other bigotted religious people attack gays for their sin, they're just doing it because they're insecure and need a way of deflecting from their own long list of sins.

You are right that sometimes christians meanly attack homosexuals personally, which is wrong, as we ALL got a "plank" in our eye. To even "think" of another with lust, is adultery, as you referred to above. However only pointing out that christians as being bigotted isnt fair, imo, anyway. There are unbelievers who can be just as bigotted.

The Bible also says that if those who are spiritual see a brother in fault, to gently try to restore, instead of attacking viciously. (Gal 6:1) But if someone is not a believer, they probably wouldn't listen anyway and they will just think they are being attacked, instead of cared for.

For the most part however, most christians I know are not trying to attack the PERSON. Though it seems to come across that way sometimes. Most of them agree that homosexuality is a sin, but not to attack the person, as we all have sin we are strugging with.

But what is a concern for alot of christian I think, is the new movement of saying it's NOT a sin, teaching it in schools, children, etc. It totally goes against what christians believe. Though, the Lord did warn us that there would be an increase in sin.

I think sometimes that "concern" causes people to overly fear others, and then to react wrongly to others. "Fear of man can prove to be a snare" as the Bible says. I know out of fear (instead of love) I've reacted wrongly to others, its sometimes too easy to do.

Homosexuality has just boomed in the USA in last 20 years or so. It kind of reminds me of Sodom and Gomorrah. Homosexuality wasn't the only sin, but it was prevelant.

My belief is that our nation is in a heck of alot of trouble, when people are saying something ISNT a sin, when we know clearly from God's Word that it IS a sin.

What was the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah?

In light of the passage, the most common response to the question "What was the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah?" is that it was homosexuality. That is how the term "sodomy" came to be used to refer to anal sex between two men, whether consensual or forced. Clearly, homosexuality was part of why God destroyed the two cities. The men of Sodom and Gomorrah wanted to perform homosexual gang rape on the two angels (who were disguised as men). At the same time, it is not biblical to say that homosexuality was the exclusive reason why God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. The cities of Sodom and Gomorrah were definitely not exclusive in terms of the sins in which they indulged.

Sorry if typos, etc, hope it all made sense, lol...I was typing fast, gotta run. And I'm sorry Sky, I hope its ok to post here. I know this isn't topic, but since they were talking about it, I hope its fair that I did too.

Last edited:

You are right that sometimes christians meanly attack homosexuals personally, which is wrong, as we ALL got a "plank" in our eye. To even "think" of another with lust, is adultery, as you referred to above. However only pointing out that christians as being bigotted isnt fair, imo, anyway. There are unbelievers who can be just as bigotted.

The Bible also says that if those who are spiritual see a brother in fault, to gently try to restore, instead of attacking viciously. (Gal 6:1) But if someone is not a believer, they probably wouldn't listen anyway and they will just think they are being attacked, instead of cared for.

For the most part however, most christians I know are not trying to attack the PERSON. Though it seems to come across that way sometimes. Most of them agree that homosexuality is a sin, but not to attack the person, as we all have sin we are strugging with.

But what is a concern for alot of christian I think, is the new movement of saying it's NOT a sin, teaching it in schools, children, etc. It totally goes against what christians believe. Though, the Lord did warn us that there would be an increase in sin.

I think sometimes that "concern" causes people to overly fear others, and then to react wrongly to others. "Fear of man can prove to be a snare" as the Bible says. I know out of fear (instead of love) I've reacted wrongly to others, its sometimes too easy to do.

Homosexuality has just boomed in the USA in last 20 years or so. It kind of reminds me of Sodom and Gomorrah. Homosexuality wasn't the only sin, but it was prevelant.

My belief is that our nation is in a heck of alot of trouble, when people are saying something ISNT a sin, when we know clearly from God's Word that it IS a sin.

In light of the passage, the most common response to the question "What was the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah?" is that it was homosexuality. That is how the term "sodomy" came to be used to refer to anal sex between two men, whether consensual or forced. Clearly, homosexuality was part of why God destroyed the two cities. The men of Sodom and Gomorrah wanted to perform homosexual gang rape on the two angels (who were disguised as men). At the same time, it is not biblical to say that homosexuality was the exclusive reason why God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. The cities of Sodom and Gomorrah were definitely not exclusive in terms of the sins in which they indulged.

Sorry if typos, etc, hope it all made sense, lol...I was typing fast, gotta run. And I'm sorry Sky, I hope its ok to post here. I know this isn't topic, but since they were talking about it, I hope its fair that I did too.

I said certain bigotted christians, the great thing about most younger and upcoming christians is they're leaving the gay hating and the homophobia in the past. I work in an office full of mostly christians who work side by side with gays and treat them the same as everyone else.

It's taken a long while, but people are taking Jesus's idea of love and forgiveness (and as far as I've seen he never speaks out against being gay) and putting those principles above hating gays for being gay.

I'm not a christian, but there's enough character flaws and ongoing sins of the person in front of the mirror, each individual I would think should take those flaws more seriously than the ones of the flaws in their neighbor's mirror.

(btw I don't view being gay as being a flaw, just saying for those who do)

We live in plurality. We are many races, creeds and ethnic backrounds. We have religious freedom. That means Fundamentalist Christians can believe that homosexuality is a sin, and Buddhists can know that it isn't. We know that the same standards of sexual misconduct apply to heterosexuals and homosexuals.

We can learn to live in peace, and to co-exist in our country.

Forum List

Back