My Favorite Christian Posters

Let's talk about how much Buddhists support the gay lifestyle, I wouldn't mind talking about that.

There is no such thing as a ‘gay lifestyle,’ but if Buddhists respect all people – including gay individuals – then that’s a very admirable aspect of the faith.

And this is a subject most Christians may want to avoid, as it showcases their intolerance.
It is not intolerance when you know the truth that homosexuallity is a sin and condemned by God.

Let's talk about how much Buddhists support the gay lifestyle, I wouldn't mind talking about that.

There is no such thing as a ‘gay lifestyle,’ but if Buddhists respect all people – including gay individuals – then that’s a very admirable aspect of the faith.

And this is a subject most Christians may want to avoid, as it showcases their intolerance.
It is not intolerance when you know the truth that homosexuallity is a sin and condemned by God.

Then God isn't going to be happy with these folks!

List of Christian evangelist scandals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When did God or Jesus tell you that?
I am sure you treat smokers the same way you do gays. :lol::lol:

The Bible lays out the rules and guidelines when you marry your slave. How old they can be and when you can beat them.
So since the Bible said it it has to be true and has to be accepted as fact and how we live our lives.
Total BS.

No such thing as a gay lifestyle?

Being gay isn't a "lifestyle" any more than being heterosexual is a "lifestyle". How did this thread get into homosexuality? The topic is "my favorite Christian posters".

Last edited:

Or how effective you are as a counselor of ptsd patients with your own obvious issues. Do you bait them, too? Do you encourage people to attack them?

I'll bet you do.

Dear Allie: Actually, I DID want to hear from Sky why you are one of her favorite posters.

And about two points you make above

A. about PTSD counselors

you don't have to be perfect to be a good counselor
some people shy away from perfect role models because they feel judged and intimidated
some people only learn from people when they think they are the teacher in the relationship
I've seen it all

I'm sure the people who respond to Sky work with her
and those who don't would stay away like you would!

I have one friend who is a gay atheist but he teaches the abundance of free grace, encourages people to forgive and not waste time or energy keeping inventory on people,
and is extremely effective BECAUSE he admits he has flaws and has to forgive constantly

In many ways he succeeds where Christians who seem better role models fail to reach their audience
So to each his own!

I trust Sky works on her issues simultaneously while helping others to heal
Changes happen in tandem, we learn and grow together
So what

I wish you had the same faith in Sky that you have in your approaches working
for the people you are able to help effectively. I know I've said this before, that you can cover more ground that way: you addressing people who need THAT approach, and Sky addressing her peers, and me mine, etc.

I see this diversity as good, as being to help more people

B. as for the gay issue

1. I had posted an article where the Dalai Lama mentions it is generally acknowledged that homosexuality is "not natural"

2. however, the path in Buddhism is focusing on people taking responsibility for their own development and awareness in life, so each person has to come to their own terms and reasoning

you may well be right, Allie, that Sky's homosexual nature may be unnatural and not her true nature, could be.

But the point of her path is for her to work that out, and for you and me to work out our path, etc.

so it is not neglecting or condoning it, it is just keeping it THAT person's responsibility
to deal with as part of their karma or dharma to sort out in life

3. I could go into more detail on the DIFFERENCES between
a. cases of unnatural sexual behavior even addictions caused by abuse
that are healed and changed, where these are NOT natural to the person
b. cases of sexual behavior that is "made by God" or manifestations of
past spiritual patterns, some of which may be healed/changed and some may not be

I believe science and spiritual study will lead to research that can reconcile these
points, but until then, people have different paths for studying the causes and effects.

Again, it is not to neglect or to deny something unnatural is involved here,
but it is recognizing that people's paths are different

I understand you believe in using direct confrontation to stop the denial.

I tend to be somewhere in between you and Sky, where I confront also,
but try to focus from within people's system and comfort zones, and avoid
conflicts or attacks from outside as adversaries which I find shuts down the relations.

I believe as you point out that conflicts should be addressed not denied or skirted over.
I believe as with Buddhist tolerance not to indoctrinate or impose, but allow things to
open up naturally to receive truth but not force it, to work on ourselves first and foremost.

Whatever it takes, I trust our paths are crossing for a reason!
Maybe it will take a combination of our different approaches!

Thanks Allie
Your ways of confrontation are different
but I can see how this would work effectively
for those who need that!

With Sky she seems not to respond well to the bitchslap method,
but seems to work more from the inside out, coming from within herself.
So I would work within that paradigm in order to connect the points with
where she is coming from and where she is going.

Most people I know work from the inside out.
But for the ones who have a tough hide or protective shell, maybe I will
refer them to you to slap around a little and get them to open up more!

I tend to use humor for that, but whatever works, hey!

Last edited:
The Bible lays out the rules and guidelines when you marry your slave. How old they can be and when you can beat them.
So since the Bible said it it has to be true and has to be accepted as fact and how we live our lives.
Total BS.

You really are an idiot. It was true and a fact when it was written. And as a matter of course, it still goes on today, doesn't it?

Total BS.

OK so don't have slaves and then you are not under this law!

Same with state/secular laws.

If you look at the prison system, especially the convoluted criminal justice system in Texas, you would be horrified that this is considered justice! Sending someone
through that nightmore is like sending someone through hell.

However, if you don't commit crimes or abuses, if you don't hold anger
or hatred, but resolve all conflicts to maintain peaceful relations at all times,
then you would not be subjected to the criminal laws.

In both cases, if you live by the SPIRIT of the laws
you don't have to fear being oppressed by the LETTER.

It can be inferred from Gadawg's post, that he is showing that the Bible supported the practice of slavery. I'm referring to the passages he refers to that instruct on how to treat slaves.

Pro-slavery advocates and abolitionists have both used the Bible to justify their respective opposite positions on slavery.

Last edited:

So is judgmentalism. So is Greed. So is a host of other things that you may or may not be committing. So why is Homosexuality "different" than any other sin? Let those without sin cast the first stone.

So is judgmentalism. So is Greed. So is a host of other things that you may or may not be committing. So why is Homosexuality "different" than any other sin? Let those without sin cast the first stone.

Thanks. It is interesting the amount of energy that goes into opposing the "sin" of homosexuality.

The sin that is actually mentioned in the Ten Commandments is not to committ adultery. That makes the Ten Commandments quite close to the Buddhist precepts on sexual miscondut.

Nothing is said about homosexuality in the Ten Commandments.

Thanks. It is interesting the amount of energy that goes into opposing the "sin" of homosexuality.

The sin that is actually mentioned in the Ten Commandments is not to committ adultery. Nothing is said about homosexuality.

The most often quoted passage towards the sin of Homosexuality is in the book of Leviticus. It states that Homosexuality is an abomination. However... what the anti-queer crowd doesn't tell you that Homosexuality is but one small part of a large laundry list of dos and don'ts that go to the depths of eating rabbit and other animals that are deemed unclean.

Besides... A real Christian understands that we are all sinners and God sees no difference between one sin or another. Heck, I've seen it written that even thinking about sex with a woman other than your wife is the equivalent of Adultery. If so... I've been guilty of Adultery many times over. So who am I to judge another for who they sleep with?

It's hypocrisy... plain and simple.

The sin that is actually mentioned in the Ten Commandments is not to committ adultery. Nothing is said about homosexuality.

The most often quoted passage towards the sin of Homosexuality is in the book of Leviticus. It states that Homosexuality is an abomination. However... what the anti-queer crowd doesn't tell you that Homosexuality is but one small part of a large laundry list of dos and don'ts that go to the depths of eating rabbit and other animals that are deemed unclean.

Besides... A real Christian understands that we are all sinners and God sees no difference between one sin or another. Heck, I've seen it written that even thinking about sex with a woman other than your wife is the equivalent of Adultery. If so... I've been guilty of Adultery many times over. So who am I to judge another for who they sleep with?

It's hypocrisy... plain and simple.

I think you're right. A real Christian understands that we are all sinners and God sees no difference between one sin or another.

I've always wondered why some folks get so upset about other people's sins?

Or how effective you are as a counselor of ptsd patients with your own obvious issues. Do you bait them, too? Do you encourage people to attack them?

I'll bet you do.

Dear Allie: Actually, I DID want to hear from Sky why you are one of her favorite posters.

And about two points you make above

A. about PTSD counselors

you don't have to be perfect to be a good counselor
some people shy away from perfect role models because they feel judged and intimidated
some people only learn from people when they think they are the teacher in the relationship
I've seen it all

I'm sure the people who respond to Sky work with her
and those who don't would stay away like you would!

I have one friend who is a gay atheist but he teaches the abundance of free grace, encourages people to forgive and not waste time or energy keeping inventory on people,
and is extremely effective BECAUSE he admits he has flaws and has to forgive constantly

In many ways he succeeds where Christians who seem better role models fail to reach their audience
So to each his own!

I trust Sky works on her issues simultaneously while helping others to heal
Changes happen in tandem, we learn and grow together
So what

I wish you had the same faith in Sky that you have in your approaches working
for the people you are able to help effectively. I know I've said this before, that you can cover more ground that way: you addressing people who need THAT approach, and Sky addressing her peers, and me mine, etc.

I see this diversity as good, as being to help more people

B. as for the gay issue

1. I had posted an article where the Dalai Lama mentions it is generally acknowledged that homosexuality is "not natural"

2. however, the path in Buddhism is focusing on people taking responsibility for their own development and awareness in life, so each person has to come to their own terms and reasoning

you may well be right, Allie, that Sky's homosexual nature may be unnatural and not her true nature, could be.

But the point of her path is for her to work that out, and for you and me to work out our path, etc.

so it is not neglecting or condoning it, it is just keeping it THAT person's responsibility
to deal with as part of their karma or dharma to sort out in life

3. I could go into more detail on the DIFFERENCES between
a. cases of unnatural sexual behavior even addictions caused by abuse
that are healed and changed, where these are NOT natural to the person
b. cases of sexual behavior that is "made by God" or manifestations of
past spiritual patterns, some of which may be healed/changed and some may not be

I believe science and spiritual study will lead to research that can reconcile these
points, but until then, people have different paths for studying the causes and effects.

Again, it is not to neglect or to deny something unnatural is involved here,
but it is recognizing that people's paths are different

I understand you believe in using direct confrontation to stop the denial.

I tend to be somewhere in between you and Sky, where I confront also,
but try to focus from within people's system and comfort zones, and avoid
conflicts or attacks from outside as adversaries which I find shuts down the relations.

I believe as you point out that conflicts should be addressed not denied or skirted over.
I believe as with Buddhist tolerance not to indoctrinate or impose, but allow things to
open up naturally to receive truth but not force it, to work on ourselves first and foremost.

Whatever it takes, I trust our paths are crossing for a reason!
Maybe it will take a combination of our different approaches!

Thanks Allie
Your ways of confrontation are different
but I can see how this would work effectively
for those who need that!

With Sky she seems not to respond well to the bitchslap method,
but seems to work more from the inside out, coming from within herself.
So I would work within that paradigm in order to connect the points with
where she is coming from and where she is going.

Most people I know work from the inside out.
But for the ones who have a tough hide or protective shell, maybe I will
refer them to you to slap around a little and get them to open up more!

I tend to use humor for that, but whatever works, hey!

Emily-

I know you have a good heart, and you're motivated by caring. I really wish you wouldn't interpret me to Allie.

She's not interested in changing her opinion of me, and I'm not all that bothered by her.

Thanks,

Sky

Last edited:
Total BS.

You really are an idiot. It was true and a fact when it was written. And as a matter of course, it still goes on today, doesn't it?

Ah, so you are a member of the Church of St Luby's.....Cafeteria Christianity. Not so surprised by that one.

Forum List

Back